Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, Keksie said:

So sorry.  What is happening?  He is very cute

The vet now thinks something got lodged in there, which is causing the swelling.  Fortunately, it’s above the pad he walks on, so it doesn’t interfere with walking.  They are changing up his antibiotics, but if that doesn’t help, he will have minor surgery right after we get back from our cruise in early feb 😞

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

The vet now thinks something got lodged in there, which is causing the swelling.  Fortunately, it’s above the pad he walks on, so it doesn’t interfere with walking.  They are changing up his antibiotics, but if that doesn’t help, he will have minor surgery right after we get back from our cruise in early feb 😞

Poor little fellow.  I hope the antibiotics work.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Luckynana. Just heard snowfall totals so far.  Forked River has 15.5" so far.     Lbi has 11".   I have about 6 to 8 so far.     The winds are nasty.    

We only had about 3 inches when I got up at 7 am, but it’s really picked up in the last hour. Close to white out conditions.  
I’m watching The Weather Channel. Jim Cantore’s out on the street in Boston, advising people to “stay off the roads and let the plows do their job” - as he stands in the middle of the street with plows going around him 🤣.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So today I'm one step closer to my total knee replacement on February 9th. I had my pre surgery appointment. It consisted of going over all the information of what I will be going through. There are two pages of drugs they will be prescribing. Nine total in all. Over 4 for pain plus drugs for inflammation, blood clotting and others. So if my posts doing my recovery don't make any sense you will know why. I will be loopy.

IMG_7800.thumb.jpg.588f983eb1846d0e1589597fe899f7f7.jpg

They did another x-ray that shows the condition my knees are in.

We also went over my CT scan (no pic). I have a level 4 tricompartmental Osteoarthritis which is the most severe grade you can get. Bone on Bone in both knees. I apparently have fragments floating around in my knee that are causing pain also. They refer to this as Easter Eggs that they will remove.

I will stay two nights in their surgery center and actually start PT soon after waking up and being moved into my room. By the time they send me home they say I should be able to climb the stairs to get into my master bedroom. Wow kind of hard to believe.

You must feel better having everything outlined in advance.  It’s great that you should be able to get around so quickly after the surgery. You know those puppies will keep you moving!  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NHProud said:

Wish I could say you have good looking legs but no.  Ocean Boy wins this one. I’m very interested in your surgery because as I mentioned before my husband has the same problem with both knees .......stage 4 osteoarthritis with bone on bone.  

Wishing for you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. 

Thank you! I will do updates for anyone who's interested here on this thread. There is some good information on the Stryker Maco Robotic Knee Replacement here:

https://patients.stryker.com/knee-replacement/options/mako-robotic-arm-assisted-total-knee

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Give that cute pup a chin rub for me. Hopefully the antibiotics work. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Went out to get something from the store. Also made a “Canadian Pitstop”.

5DA43A82-0B78-4E6A-B0CE-1C5C931E4F10.thumb.jpeg.cb6ed67a12a11f1d3f585896473b12fb.jpeg

Check that temperature.🥶 A heated garage is a wonderful thing on days like today. 😁

94FD0D66-3A0C-46BA-8390-5A82044E05AC.thumb.jpeg.cd0a82207c1eb24e5fcd253bff16f0b1.jpeg

Boy, you got that right. When I lived in Ct., our garage was in the basement, and it seldom got less than 50F.  No snow or ice on the cars, and no cold car.

• Like 4

@bobmaclibertyI don't know if you saw this. To show how much us Kansas City fans respect the Bills, Josh Allen and the fans of the Bills, Linda and I donated $13 dollars to this cause after the game. It made national news and was ABC News person of the week segment.

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/nfl-fans-show-true-sportsmanship-playoff-game-82543501?fbclid=IwAR0xLRkJUIY44neSuNsiYHZvnwcxmtc0yb35_ZgM5DSpbCKVZCPVQmI4vuU

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Boy, you got that right. When I lived in Ct., our garage was in the basement, and it seldom got less than 50F.  No snow or ice on the cars, and no cold car.

You could tell the people with no garage today. They were wearing toques in their car and their inside windows were frosted, all on top of snow on their cars.  I also appreciate not having to wait for my car to warm up before going anywhere.

I will admit to leaving the Stormtropper running on auto start while I ran into the grocery store today. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Nervous day so far. Just saw 3 coyotes running through the yard. Luckily we and pups were inside. Not quite sure what to do. I think we can deal with one. if we see it but 3 I'm not sure.

That is quite scary.     Maybe train them to use the cat litter box😁

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@bobmaclibertyI don't know if you saw this. To show how much us Kansas City fans respect the Bills, Josh Allen and the fans of the Bills, Linda and I donated $13 dollars to this cause after the game. It made national news and was ABC News person of the week segment.

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/nfl-fans-show-true-sportsmanship-playoff-game-82543501?fbclid=IwAR0xLRkJUIY44neSuNsiYHZvnwcxmtc0yb35_ZgM5DSpbCKVZCPVQmI4vuU

What an awesome story!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

As I posted previously we finally got to see a photo of OB.

It is human nature to wonder what people look like.😀

Good enough to pick him out of a line-up? 🧐

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Luckynana. Just heard snowfall totals so far.  Forked River has 15.5" so far.     Lbi has 11".   I have about 6 to 8 so far.     The winds are nasty.    

I just spoke to my daughter in NJ.  Expected snow is 8 inches.  So glad today is Saturday.  I told my 8 year old granddaughter to make a snow princess instead of a snowman.  Interesting to see what she comes up with.

Hope you, Debbie @Sunshine3601, Lenny @lenquixote66 and all impacted by the snow stay safe, dry and maintain electricity.

@LuckynanaMaryann, Happy Birthday to sweet Mighty Kennedy.  I hope he continues to improve!

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Good enough to pick him out of a line-up? 🧐

I just spoke to my daughter in NJ.  Expected snow is 8 inches.  So glad today is Saturday.  I told my 8 year old granddaughter to make a snow princess instead of a snowman.  Interesting to see what she comes up with.

Hope you, Lenny and all impacted by the snow stay safe, dry and maintain electricity.

@LuckynanaMaryann, Happy Birthday to sweet Mighty Kennedy.  I hope he continues to improve!

I am sitting on my bed looking out my terrace window.It is snowing .It appears to be at least a foot high.So far no problems with electricity but there is a wind advisory beginning at 3 PM.My daughter who is in her upstate NY house said it is not that bad there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

More snow and the winds stay Up, you will have some big snow drifts.  Wind was very strong here yesterday.  Knocked out Kenzie’s electric for awhile.  Good it’s hitting on the weekend.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

The weather is dismal, waves are rough.  Charlie is much better thanks.

Andrew the one interesting thing we have on Staten Island is a Tim Hortons!!

My Parkinsons Therapist told me that on Wednesday on his way to work he stopped at a Tim Hortons for coffee and donuts.I had no idea that there was one in LI.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am sitting on my bed looking out my terrace window.It is snowing .It appears to be at least a foot high.So far no problems with electricity but there is a wind advisory beginning at 3 PM.My daughter who is in her upstate NY house said it is not that bad there.

It's cold (7 degrees) but no snow where my mother lives in upstate NY. About 300 miles NW of NYC.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Nervous day so far. Just saw 3 coyotes running through the yard. Luckily we and pups were inside. Not quite sure what to do. I think we can deal with one. if we see it but 3 I'm not sure.

If there were running through and seem to be on a mission I think you are ok.  If they stop then I would worry.  Maybe keep a stick outside just in case.  That temporary fencing sounds like a good idea.

• Like 4