Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

This trip has been rough for me.  Our waiter didn’t want me to order the same desserts due to my tree nut allergy, so he has been checking on everything with the chef, including desserts.  I am eating things I never had before such as molten lava cake and I am full all the time!!!!!No one ever bothered to check on desserts for me before, just said I better not have it…..

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I didn’t know about ginger altoids. I’ll have to look sometime for them. I have bought the candied ginger before from Whole Foods.

I booked the 30th cruise several days ago. Since I’m already on the Allure and also have February 5th booked I figured why not just stay on. 😁 Mike isn’t on the next one, but he will be back for the 5th. Maybe we will see you around the ship. All your b2b cruises sound nice. 🥂 🛳

We'll be on all month. 1/30 to 2/27, then back on 3/05

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Here is my perspective after a good night's sleep. Nothing I do today will change whether I get home Sunday or not. What I won't let this storm do is rob me of my last couple of days of vacation. And no, I have not even had a Painkiller today....yet.😇

O.B.

Right now the forecast is for the snow to start between 10:00 & midnight tonight and end between 10:00 & midnight Saturday night. If I remember correctly, you said you aren't getting to Hartford until sometime Sunday. The Sunday weather for between Hartford and R.I. is supposed to be sunny and cold. At this point in time, I think you can sit back and enjoy the rest of your cruise. However, there is no reason that you shouldn't have a Painkiller right now.:classic_rolleyes:😇

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

O.B.

Right now the forecast is for the snow to start between 10:00 & midnight tonight and end between 10:00 & midnight Saturday night. If I remember correctly, you said you aren't getting to Hartford until sometime Sunday. The Sunday weather for between Hartford and R.I. is supposed to be sunny and cold. At this point in time, I think you can sit back and enjoy the rest of your cruise. However, there is no reason that you shouldn't have a Painkiller right now.:classic_rolleyes:😇

Thank you. Flight is scheduled to land around 1:30 PM. Funny thing, I had an email from the airline today. My first thought was oh $h!t. Turned out it was a reminder that I have a flight coming up... like maybe I forgot?

And you are right, there is no reason why I should not have a Painkiller now.🙂

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

After my newly refound peace, I go down to my cabin to retrieve something and THIS is what I find😐😏🤨..... Back to the nearest bar....

20220128_142925.thumb.jpg.b5edc89e7fa1d79329926359c92dad83.jpg

We got ours last night too. Not sure, but they may be doing it by deck on the Odyssey. (?)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My friend from 3rd grade and I never lost touch.  We call each other quite a few times a year.  

I have no idea what I was quoting.  🤣

I forgot you were also on a cruise.  Sounds like you had a great time!

Safe journeys to all heading home.

I once was on Lexington Ave., in Manhattan and saw a peddler with handbags, belts laid out neatly on the ground with a cardboard sign prominently displayed; "BLOOMINGDALE'S OUTDOOR OUTLET".  Very creative marketing.

I have a friend from HS who I am in touch with.We talk every Thursday at 7:20 PM .We take turns calling each other .

• Like 2

Last night, as I mentioned, it was Indian night at the buffet and after that I was in a food coma. 😋 everything was delicious, just about right spice level. I enjoyed it a little too much. I wish they kept some wheel barrows outside the WJ for us who like to overindulge on Indian food. Comparing the Anthem's Indian night to this one, prize for variety goes to Anthem. Prize for taste to Odyssey with tough competition from Anthem. 

Breakfast also has many Indian and international items. @Sea Dog no Burji.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

After seeing a post about life guards and safety in pools. I must share a story that involved us a few years back. 

Almost every fall we do a land vacation to Disney World. Prior to that trip we had just recertified in our CPR, ACLS, PALS and  ATLS which we do every other year. 

So as we sit at the slide pool sipping our over priced Long Island Iced Tea ( it Is what it is) we noticed a dad playing with his toddler in the 3 foot area of the pool as his other child was floating face down behind him. We jump to action at the same time 2 lifeguards do. We reach the child as they were flipping him over and the startling effect made him cry. We do not know how long he floated but they encouraged the parents to go to the hospital. They did not. 

It was scary. But thankfully the child was rescued. Yes I am sure it happed quick. Cannot take your eyes off your child even with life guards. 

I respect lifeguards and the job they do. 

Take care. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

After seeing a post about life guards and safety in pools. I must share a story that involved us a few years back. 

Almost every fall we do a land vacation to Disney World. Prior to that trip we had just recertified in our CPR, ACLS, PALS and  ATLS which we do every other year. 

Don't you love how when you recertify they change everything up and tell you the way they insisted it had to be done the last time doesn't work so well.😏😐

• Like 1

We are enjoying our last sea day. Attended Captain's Corner. Remembered to take our two free photos. Packed my suitcase.

This sailing, no one has mentioned the C word or made announcement regarding it. No Vision or Rhapsody or Jewel has chased us. Not that I was looking out for them.

I notice deck 6 fire door on one side closed when I was checking out the art work in the front stair bank today. There were no signs posted......it was just closed on one side, the other side was open and there seemed normal activity going on. Oh well, I went my way. I am not the one to set an alarm to go out and count how many heads left ship and how many came on.....really, to those who do that instead of enjoying your cruise and making most of it, seriously, get a life! I get it that people like to be well informed, but "counting" .....please get a life. 

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

During a recent moment of reflectiveness as I was staring out over the ocean I was thinking how blessed I, and all of us here, are to have the means to be able to do what we love. So, to all of my C.C. friends.... Cheers.

20220128_161926.thumb.jpg.c322b336c63045eeb8af498eef71ede7.jpg

Cheers OB! I loved reading your cruise posts. Enjoy your sea days and have a safe trip home. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

During a recent moment of reflectiveness as I was staring out over the ocean I was thinking how blessed I, and all of us here, are to have the means to be able to do what we love. So, to all of my C.C. friends.... Cheers.

20220128_161926.thumb.jpg.c322b336c63045eeb8af498eef71ede7.jpg

Cheers OB.

Make the most of your last couple of cruise days buddy.

Graham 

FEBA02F2-0154-45C3-9317-A0D8596E645E.jpeg.e6a048b68f3650f3c085fd5740df5cde.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm sad to admit we haven't watched this season yet. All on DVR.

I met Phil Keoghan at Dulles back in 2004. They were filming a show called No Opportunity Wasted. They were surprising someone at airport while I was waiting for my bags. At first I thought it was a news crew ambushing someone for a story.

I ended up being an extra applauding. Even signed an image release. I ended up with about 2 seconds of airtime. No SAG membership for me.

If you were shown on the broadcast you should have been paid.I was an extra in two movies and even though I was not on screen I was paid.My friend who was on screen got paid more.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

YES, all the meds definitely tear him up.   He gets an upset stomach on a regular basis.  He takes the omeprazole (prilosec) everyday and that seems to help.   His doc says he is allowed alcohol but in moderation.  Of course a cruise doesnt count for anything in moderation.

I am not allowed to drink alcohol either .Toby drinks for me at parties or on cruises.So nice of her.

My GI doctor prescribed omeprazole to be taken once a day but it raised my blood pressure.The doctor told me to stop taking it .I take extra strength chewable gas X instead but that does not help that much.When I see my doctor shortly we will discuss this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I didn’t know about ginger altoids. I’ll have to look sometime for them. I have bought the candied ginger before from Whole Foods.

I booked the 30th cruise several days ago. Since I’m already on the Allure and also have February 5th booked I figured why not just stay on. 😁 Mike isn’t on the next one, but he will be back for the 5th. Maybe we will see you around the ship. All your b2b cruises sound nice. 🥂 🛳

We bring chewable ginger on cruises.

• Like 1