Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks OB (and everyone else currently cruising) for your comments from your ship this week.  Life is so much better when you're able to live vicariously through someone else on a cruise ship.  Good luck with your trip home.  If you get stuck in Florida, hopefully you'll have a little warmer temps than northern Florida.  Freeze warning for us tonight.

Southern Florida is going to be pretty cold here also, Bob!😉  It could be 31 tonight, 35 on Sunday morning

58 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The last 3 cruises, we received 2 envelopes.  Had to go to guest services to pick up more, because we usually give in addition to the daily grats.  With the lower passenger counts, they have been very appreciative.  

We've always gone to Guest Services, also for envelopes.  

56 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

: The crew on this ship has a great morale, are happy, very hardworking and great. I am noticing a big difference from the Anthem crew from November,  not that they were not good. Happy is what comes to mind.....management is happy from top down, starting from Captain Per...reflects on the staff attitudes too. Saw that with Captain Kate and her crew on Celebrity. 

Great to hear, Arzeena!

44 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Put Caribbean Mule on your drink list for your February cruise.

Sounds like you will need the heat on this weekend in FL --- burrr.    Stay warm😍

Will do, Debbie!  Yes...the heat will be going on here this weekend.  I'm already wearing my sweatpants.

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing pics from OB along with others while on the ships. 

+1

• Like 2

A few Lucy update photos.

She spent the late morning sleeping on the front porch in the sun out of the wind. After dinner tonight we went out and topped up her heated water bowl, topped up her food and fluffed her bed of shavings. 

She head out to find me, looking for a snack after her nap. 

825D8CE0-3D4F-4EFC-932C-2F33C09DFC6A.thumb.jpeg.bdc9ac4c9b214734ef9a8822e7437f99.jpeg

She then proceeded to her window in the sun. The window has an opening just large enough for her to fit through.

672A48F1-6DAA-4E26-9D60-ACD3D5EBE4F5.thumb.jpeg.8028e0207c9ffe8b82ef179353ea08d6.jpeg

She’s living large. 

BD8AB55F-2F02-4B88-9B67-5658BA435817.thumb.jpeg.52bd041a8d045307bfb3341b474876dd.jpeg

• Like 22

So today I'm one step closer to my total knee replacement on February 9th. I had my pre surgery appointment. It consisted of going over all the information of what I will be going through. There are two pages of drugs they will be prescribing. Nine total in all. Over 4 for pain plus drugs for inflammation, blood clotting and others. So if my posts doing my recovery don't make any sense you will know why. I will be loopy.

IMG_7800.thumb.jpg.588f983eb1846d0e1589597fe899f7f7.jpg

They did another x-ray that shows the condition my knees are in.

We also went over my CT scan (no pic). I have a level 4 tricompartmental Osteoarthritis which is the most severe grade you can get. Bone on Bone in both knees. I apparently have fragments floating around in my knee that are causing pain also. They refer to this as Easter Eggs that they will remove.

I will stay two nights in their surgery center and actually start PT soon after waking up and being moved into my room. By the time they send me home they say I should be able to climb the stairs to get into my master bedroom. Wow kind of hard to believe.

• Like 18

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Do you know I've never tried ginger beer? I will have to give this a try. Does it need to be with Goslings? Could Kraken work?

I spy a bottle of Blanton's and Jefferson's Ocean. Am I right?????

Tonight while watching Below Deck we will make some Lava Flows.

First, I'm impressed that you can (correctly) pick out the Blanton's and Jefferson's Ocean even though the background is very blurry.  Is your vision normally blurry when looking at these bottles? 🥴

I think Goslings is the original rum for a Dark and Stormy and Goslings even has a trademark on the name.  Any good spiced dark rum should work.  Do whatever tastes good to you.  This web page specifically lists Kraken Black Spiced rum as a good alternative.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So today I'm one step closer to my total knee replacement on February 9th. I had my pre surgery appointment. It consisted of going over all the information of what I will be going through. There are two pages of drugs they will be prescribing. Nine total in all. Over 4 for pain plus drugs for inflammation, blood clotting and others. So if my posts doing my recovery don't make any sense you will know why. I will be loopy.

We also went over my CT scan (no pic). I have a level 4 tricompartmental Osteoarthritis which is the most severe grade you can get. Bone on Bone in both knees. I apparently have fragments floating around in my knee that are causing pain also. They refer to this as Easter Eggs that they will remove.

I will stay two nights in their surgery center and actually start PT soon after waking up and being moved into my room. By the time they send me home they say I should be able to climb the stairs to get into my master bedroom. Wow kind of hard to believe.

Wishing you a highly successful outcome and a future free of knee pain.  Micheline has been through several surgeries that required PT and I was amazed that they wanted her moving almost immediately.  Keep that scar tissue from forming, I think.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wishing you a highly successful outcome and a future free of knee pain.  Micheline has been through several surgeries that required PT and I was amazed that they wanted her moving almost immediately.  Keep that scar tissue from forming, I think.

+1 @Sea Dog

• Like 1

I always have Goslings Black Seal rum and Goslings Ginger Beer in the house.  I enjoy an occasional Dark and Stormy.  In fact, since it's after 5:00pm here...

Same here and Eric picked up more of each yesterday.  We fell in love with that drink many years ago when we went to Bermuda with my parents and my Dad introduced us to the bar,  The Hog Penny.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

So- Mr Sherm, our $30, 000 dog has new issues with his paw ;(

So sorry.  What is happening?  He is very cute.

26 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

A few Lucy update photos.
She spent the late morning sleeping on the front porch in the sun out of the wind. After dinner tonight we went out and topped up her heated water bowl, topped up her food and fluffed her bed of shavings. 

Lucy is a very lucky cat.  She has a nice life.

42 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sometimes responding on CC can be difficult. It's hard to type when you have this in your your lap so I have to type one handed. 

What wonderful lap warmers

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I just caught the tail end of another Mama Mia performance. If it had not been such a nice weather day I would have gone for the entire show. I am starting to feel like that show is to me what CATS is to @John&LaLa.☺

Im looking forward to when we can get up and dance in front of the stage for the big finale

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

This will be one of those nights when some people turn their sprinklers on so they have icicles and decorated trees and bushes in the morning. 
The Florida version of a wintry landscape. 

Need to turn mine off, thanks for reminding me.

Luckily I can do it remotely😉

Screenshot_20220128-191405_Hydrawise.thumb.jpg.996455e07e6289d7af6aed83e06d3dfc.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Just when you think you've seen it all!  What a great idea!

Have your neighbors come by since the fire?

Yes, we do see them every couple of days as they stop by to see what is happening.     Mostly the Father and the Son stop by every couple of days.   He said his Wife gets too upset every time she sees it, especially now that they have first floor completely gutted down to the studs, tore out the flooring on the 2nd floor and the gutted the back wall where the fire started in the kitchen.   Looking at the house from the front you would have no idea.

They were able to salvage a lot of important memborilia so she is happy about that but everything else was either destroyed by the smoke or the water from hoses.     

Insurance had them staying at a Residence Inn about 1/2 hr away for a couple of weeks and recently placed them into a temp. house rental.    contractors hope to have them back in their house by April as long as all goes well with building materials.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

They put that all the time now, Mimi. Having said that we did not get one with our tags this time.

We have an excellent room attendant and I will miss her. She is a lovely person. And envelope or not she got something at the start and will definitely get some more this evening. 

While on thus I wanted mention: The crew on this ship has a great morale, are happy, very hardworking and great. I am noticing a big difference from the Anthem crew from November,  not that they were not good. Happy is what comes to mind.....management is happy from top down, starting from Captain Per...reflects on the staff attitudes too. Saw that with Captain Kate and her crew on Celebrity. 

That is Great!

Side note, I think the Anthem had an attitude adjustment since your Thanksgiving cruise.     We found everyone to be very pleasant and working like a well oiled team.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I woke up to flurries and weather people saying it will be just a light coating and this is not part of the nor'easter as that won't start till late this evening but it is still snowing here too.   Ground is covered but roads are wet which will probably make it worse as it will all freeze up this evening when the "real snow" comes. 

We are concerned about the possibility of high winds We have a lot of trees close to our house .

51 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Those x-rays do not look good.

• Like 2

I don't know if it's the same cast that they had in September but the woman who played Donna then was excellent.  Fantastic voice.  

Since I was 0 for 4 last weekend my predictions are that the Bengals and 49ers will both win this weekend.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Southern Florida is going to be pretty cold here also, Bob!😉  It could be 31 tonight, 35 on Sunday morning

We've always gone to Guest Services, also for envelopes.  

Great to hear, Arzeena!

Will do, Debbie!  Yes...the heat will be going on here this weekend.  I'm already wearing my sweatpants.

+1

As I posted previously we finally got to see a photo of OB.

It is human nature to wonder what people look like.😀

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here and Eric picked up more of each yesterday.  We fell in love with that drink many years ago when we went to Bermuda with my parents and my Dad introduced us to the bar,  The Hog Penny.

We have been to Bermuda 12 times.On our last cruise there we saw a book store that we never saw before and were surprised that they sold Ginger Beer there.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They were able to salvage a lot of important memborilia so she is happy about that but everything else was either destroyed by the smoke or the water from hoses.     

Insurance had them staying at a Residence Inn about 1/2 hr away for a couple of weeks and recently placed them into a temp. house rental.    contractors hope to have them back in their house by April as long as all goes well with building materials.

That would be so awesome if the contractors can have your friends back in their home by April!!

Having so much destroyed by fire, smoke, and water is so heartbreaking.  I wish your friends well.

On another note, Mighty Kennedy's mom posted an update on baby Kennedy.  He celebrated his First Birthday yesterday!  They are kept very busy with all of his dr appointments and therapies, but are so grateful for his progress.  They are hoping for the day he comes off of oxygen.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have been to Bermuda 12 times.On our last cruise there we saw a book store that we never saw before and were surprised that they sold Ginger Beer there.

Bookshops & beer makes me think of Butterbeer (Harry Potter) which I have never tried.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1