Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Monkey pox comes to mind…

A lot of Monkey pox in my area.My father was an adult in 1918 during the pandemic.Less than a year after it began it was over.Now,100 years later with all the advances in science and medicine it seems to never end.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

That is why I won’t redo my kitchen! Upstairs bathroom was bad enough, doing the kitchen would push me over the edge😳

In 2006 we had our upstairs bathroom redone .The previous owner had a beautiful Monet painted on one of the walls.I loved it but one person living here did not and we had the bathroom re-done .I liked our kitchen but the other resident wanted to change it completely,not mentioning any names.

In 2018 we began to have Contractors here for an estimate .We were quoted between $30,000 to over $100,000.We had recommendations from many people.I research everything and one Contractor that we liked had been sued by several homeowners for damaging their kitchens.We omitted him .We finally went with a friend of a relative and everything came out well.

I must admit that I like the new kitchen.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's great!   You should be very proud of your accomplishment.  I'm horrible at dieting.  

When I lost 66 pounds in 5 weeks I was on the All Lenny Diet.I do not recommend this diet to anyone because it caused me to have many medical problems.

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations that's awesome. I've lost 32lbs since my knee replacement. The first 20 I can chalk up to the opioid diet since the pain meds did not make me hungry. Now that I have one good knee and one bad I can at least walk and get on the elliptical. Still need to drop 30-40 more to feel really good.

Keep up the great work!

I received a call today from the woman who delivers our mail.She had knee replacement surgery earlier this week.She was sent home with a Walker and she challenged me to a race.Her doctor said it will be 3 months till she can return to work.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

A lot of Monkey pox in my area.My father was an adult in 1918 during the pandemic.Less than a year after it began it was over.Now,100 years later with all the advances in science and medicine it seems to never end.

It would seem there are 4 cases in New York.  Not really a lot.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

OH NO!!! I HATED that movie, Love at Sea...SO totally fake! So much over acting.

Could not stand it. I very rarely watch Hallmark. So made up!

I agree with you,my better half loves them .Many years ago I had a cousin who worked for Hallmark .She wrote the verses that appear in the cards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We all could write a Hallmark  movie!  Girl loses boy, twenty years later they meet again, fight, fall in love and live happily ever after.  THE END

How is this for a future Hallmark movie.Three best friends in childhood,two guys and a gal.Both guys were in love with the gal.She married one of the guys.The other guy was so in love with her that he never married.

The 3 had a lifetime friendship .The married guy became ill with a serious illness and asked his longtime best male friend to marry the woman when he was gone. They have now been married about 10 years.The guy who is married to her now is a well known retired athlete.

True story.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Keksie said:

It would seem there are 4 cases in New York.  Not really a lot.

You are correct.On  LI news station it was reported that there are 21 cases ,however,that was in the entire US .I did not hear the story from the beginning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Coralc said:

Mask mandate reinstated for our county, Friday at midnight. No end date provided. :classic_sad:

And apparently no one is going to take responsibility for removing the Formica. Home Depot admits it was their contractor's mistake. But they aren't going to do anything to correct it. We will have to find our own contractor to remove it. :classic_rolleyes: Or they will refund the tile materials and labor costs. :classic_sad:

It could be worse, but things aren't going very well. :classic_smile:

This is awful on both counts;  the mask mandate, and especially the contractor's mistake causing you to find a responsible contractor to remove it!    

Since we moved to NJ, having someone show up after saying they would come, is not always easy!  Our ride-on lawn mower has not worked for the past two years, and we have had people say they'll be there and not show up.  It is so frustrating!!  We finally found a reliable mechanic who makes house calls;  he showed up, worked on the mower, ordered the part needed and came back two days later.  So nice to have the ride-on for the backyard,  I, however, am not ready to give up my Ryobi mower so that I can mow the front!😉

17 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Well, I got my 50lb Weight Loss charm from "Weight Watchers" today!  Oh and there's no backing out now....my family got all of our vaccines verified on our RC app!

Congrats on your weight loss...it's not an easy thing to do.  Have a great cruise!!  What ship?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Someone on the DBP thread said you can buy a bottle of rum, etc at any bar to take to your cabin if not sold on your cruise planner.  Sounds like you could do this for your Adventure Sailing in Sept.

I saw that post, and have looked at my Cruise Planner, but cannot for the life of me find the alcohol pkg.  I had ordered two bottles of vodka for our room for our Transatlantic in 2020, and hoped I could order it for our Adventure sailing, but not finding it.🤔🤔

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I used to do a similar competition with a good friend but then she moved out of my area.   I need to get back to a better, more consistent exercise plan.

So do I, Debbie.  When we got home in April, I got on the exercise bike every day for about 2 weeks;  I don't know what happened........

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations that's awesome. I've lost 32lbs since my knee replacement. The first 20 I can chalk up to the opioid diet since the pain meds did not make me hungry. Now that I have one good knee and one bad I can at least walk and get on the elliptical. Still need to drop 30-40 more to feel really good.

That is pretty awesome, Greg!  32 lbs is quite an accomplishment.  I don't know how you do it.    On the occasion that I go on the elliptical, I only count up to 100 steps, and I'm hurting like crazy!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby needs to have Cataract Surgery.My Opthalmologist want to do it with blade as opposed to Laser.She went for a second opinion and that doctor only does laser.

Has anyone had the surgery recently and if so which method was used ?

Had both eyes done in last 18 months with scalpel incision.  Quick, tidy and successful.

49 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby needs to have Cataract Surgery.My Opthalmologist want to do it with blade as opposed to Laser.She went for a second opinion and that doctor only does laser.

Did you ask each doctor for their reasoning as to why they do it a certain way?

46 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Did you ask each doctor for their reasoning as to why they do it a certain way?

No,she did not.She was of the opinion that our long time doctor was going to do Lazer.She went to the doctors office this afternoon to schedule the surgery and was told that someone would call her to make the appointment.When that person called she said that Dr.S only does blade surgery.My wife asked that the doctor please call her .My assumption is that she will speak to the doctor on Monday.

The other doctor is the number 1 Opthalmalogist in the US according to literature he has on the walls of his office.

• Like 1

The first step in our office cabinet install is complete.  The base cabinets are installed and the countertop template is done.  Below are pictures of the real thing (upper cabinets waiting to be installed on the right), and a computer model showing what the final install will look like.  The computer model does not show the actual wood finish, which is dark to match some of the cabinets in our kitchen.  The countertop will be a light-colored quartz, again matching our kitchen.  We each have our own workspace and desktop computer.  The computers will be in the base cabinets on either end.  The open shelves will likely hold the ship models that we've purchased for the ships we've cruised on.  The corner where I stood to take the picture has a white TV cabinet with a TV wall mounted above it.  There will be some sort of chair/small sofa/pull out twin bed in the corner to the right of the window so this can be an extra TV room and/or bedroom if 2 guest bedrooms are not enough (i.e. future grand kids).  Not sure yet exactly what the chair/sofa we'll put there.  

IMG_8799.thumb.jpg.ce033d65585965699395a0197c036634.jpg

IMG_7519.thumb.jpg.d6396593878813f742f85e0476432809.jpg

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The computer model does not show the actual wood finish, which is dark to match some of the cabinets in our kitchen. 

Very nice and very practical 👍. So you'll both work one beside the other, with your backs to the TV?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Here's a discussion that may help. It's from the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

https://www.aao.org/eye-health/diseases/traditional-vs-laser-assisted-cataract-surgery?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4uaUBhC8ARIsANUuDjW9WHEi4uz3GhNIe6zNbsBJRi-YlyiNdyIRRM6sJaW_F44--0yKDnEaAjG5EALw_wcB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The other doctor is the number 1 Opthalmalogist in the US according to literature he has on the walls of his office.

Is that the equivalent of a Pinnacle wearing their pin? What, exactly, makes someone number one?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Very nice and very practical 👍. So you'll both work one beside the other, with your backs to the TV?

Yes.  Normally, it will only be where we do various things on our computers (like post to Cruise Critic 😁).  We already have more TVs (4) than people (2) so we probably will not watch a lot of TV in there ourselves.  I might use it as a sports man cave occassionally, but it will mostly be an office and possibly an extra TV/bed room when we have guests.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Well, I got my 50lb Weight Loss charm from "Weight Watchers" today!  Oh and there's no backing out now....my family got all of our vaccines verified on our RC app!

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Keep up the great work!

Congratulations to both of you on your weight loss, it’s not easy.  
I’ve been feeling like a real slug lately.  It’s been all downhill since we returned from the Anthem cruise way back in early April.  Easter right after that (can you say ham, mashed potatoes and carrot cake?!), then Mother’s Day shortly after ( over the top brunch).  I finally decided to get back on my healthy eating regimen and walking regularly; overdid it and got tendinitis in my foot so no walking for a while.  Plus the last few days I’ve felt like “carp” - fatigued, muscle aches, headache-y.  Testing negative though.  Granddaughter who slept over last weekend has a double ear infection so maybe I caught some kind of bug from her.  
But on the plus side, we booked a cruise!  The Voyager 7 nt repositioning from Boston to San Juan on 10/30. We’ll stay a night or two in SJ at the end before flying home.  And our first Junior Suite which means we’ll be Diamond for the Bella cruise 😊.  

• Like 8