Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Enjoy the game!  I used to be a big Buffalo Sabres fan but that didn't stick (no pun intended) when I moved away from Buffalo.  It's a lot harder for me to follow hockey in a city where hockey isn't important.  I agree though...there's nothing like live playoff hockey.  Every goal means so much.

Come to Jax when our minor league plays. It’s not great hockey but it’s fun!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, singinalot said:

Long time no visit…I haven’t caught up on anything here in a while so hope all are well.

Nate, Sam, and I are officially Floridians. We arrived Monday after a practically straight drive from CO. The week has been packed with setting everything up, changing fixtures and hardware, ordering furniture, etc. wifi was supposed to be installed Thursday, but of course that’s not done yet. Nate’s been going to

Buffalo Wild Wings most nights for hockey. 🤣

FE4525C4-57AF-4205-BA8F-5146CB5339BB.thumb.jpeg.743277cc7795932eed812ec732aa697f.jpeg

The kitchen “before”

000577DF-DC5D-4FA0-905D-CC7CA3BEC7D0.thumb.jpeg.af57fa5afcd89bf17b17018302cd60cc.jpeg

The kitchen now

DA72AFAA-079C-4786-9B48-506516D4BC9C.thumb.jpeg.200fef8190d3041033cf740b38d1dcdb.jpeg

i have a couple of end chairs coming for the table and 2 island stools before I’ll consider it the after 🙂

Welcome to Florida!! Your house is gorgeous!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Have a wonderful day, Graham.  I've been enjoying seeing the festivities for your Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth!  It is 77 degrees and sunny.  A beautiful day here;  I mowed the front lawn and began trimming our magnolia tree.  I am in the process of taking it down, as many of the leaves have been turning brown and making quite the mess.  Many of the leaves also litter my neighbor's driveway,  The tree is over 20 feet tall, and it took a hit with a bad storm a few years back.  I now have to think about what to put in it's place.  I'm leaning towards planting another crape myrtle.

Hot and sunny here too.This morning I was out in the car to go to an AAA office in a part of LI that I have not been to in many years.We tried to find our way home without using an electronic map and got lost.However,it was nice to be out of the house for me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Good luck to the Rangers. My theory is that with a different bounce, and my Pens would be there.  Since the Pens are out, I hope the Ranger hoist the cup this year. 

Enjoy the game.  There is nothing like live, playoff hockey. 

The only time I was at a playoff game in a sport was in 1960 at the semi final of the NIT basketball tournament in Madison Square Garden.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

We also were disappointed by the ending.  We've now begun watching the Lincoln Lawyer, and so far, we like it.

Congratulations on becoming permanent Florida residents, Crystal, Nate, and Sam!  Your home and kitchen are beautiful.  I know you will enjoy living there full time!

I am so sorry, Dani.  What a lousy disappointment!  Thankfully, you will soon be onboard and get to finally meet Captain Kate!🌹

What a shock for you, as well as your daughter.  Prayers for your DD.  Has her appendectomy been performed yet?

I'm glad you are feeling better, and that no one else has the Virus

Lincoln Lawyer reminded me a lot of Bosch Legacy.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

So sorry Dani that this person took you for a ride

Thanks, A. I hope I'll have the opportunity to meet her. More than 60 have signed for the "connections party", may be she'll make an appearance.

I have to admit that it was a very sophisticated "con", build slowly in order to gain confidence. Hubby found all the videos and pictures "she" posted available for copying in the net....

Nevertheless, huge mistake trying to overdo the "credibility".... On the day "she" asked for the SIM card, "she" told me "today we're in Taormina.... blah, blah" + the temperature there.

BUT, my memory is still here, and I knew that Taormina was the day before, since the real Kate already posted pics from there...

• Like 8

5 hours ago, singinalot said:

Long time no visit…I haven’t caught up on anything here in a while so hope all are well.

Nate, Sam, and I are officially Floridians. We arrived Monday after a practically straight drive from CO. The week has been packed with setting everything up, changing fixtures and hardware, ordering furniture, etc. wifi was supposed to be installed Thursday, but of course that’s not done yet. Nate’s been going to

Buffalo Wild Wings most nights for hockey. 🤣

FE4525C4-57AF-4205-BA8F-5146CB5339BB.thumb.jpeg.743277cc7795932eed812ec732aa697f.jpeg

The kitchen “before”

000577DF-DC5D-4FA0-905D-CC7CA3BEC7D0.thumb.jpeg.af57fa5afcd89bf17b17018302cd60cc.jpeg

The kitchen now

DA72AFAA-079C-4786-9B48-506516D4BC9C.thumb.jpeg.200fef8190d3041033cf740b38d1dcdb.jpeg

i have a couple of end chairs coming for the table and 2 island stools before I’ll consider it the after 🙂

Happy to see your move went well.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My son in law the Rangers fan told me that tickets for the first game in MSG against Tampa were $550.00 and up and that a comparable location in Carolina was $100 .Are the prices in Tampa similiar to Carolina .

Not quite. Before the Rangers advanced to this round, it was $200 here in Tampa vs $650 in NYC. 

Once they did advanced to this round, prices shot up overnight. $300 in Tampa & $750+ in NYC. For the "cheap seats". 

Basically,  it's cheaper for me to fly down here to go to the game than at home 😄 Especially when using airline points (free flights!!)

• Like 5

As someone who knows nothing about tending to a garden, my son left me in charge of watering his while he is away.

I have been diligently watering, and the plants seem to be growing.   For you gardeners out there, is there anything else to it?

Oh, and should I be concerned?   I saw one of these California flying fish out there today!

1502E9C0-D742-478D-BFCA-2E9039793DA2.jpeg.33c4d676b0df88f73185db32a16c3a46.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Captain Kate and me – the “romance” that wasn’t….

[Spoiler alert – long story !!!!]

I’ve been following the captain since we were booked [and cancelled] on Edge (May 2021), until Beyond [hopefully not cancelled].

I was curious if she’ll be on the new Beyond, and, in one of her “live” in Instagram, I’ve asked, among many others who asked questions (March 2022), if she’ll be on this ship for our sailing. Some minutes after I’ve asked, I’ve heard a “ping” and on the screen there it was: “Captain Kate….”

She replied: “Yes, I’ll be on Beyond, and thank you for sailing with us… Where r u from?” I replied: “Israel”, and then she said: “Oh, I’ve been to Haifa [northern Israel] on board of the Summit, visited the Christian holy sites, and I’m so waiting to have the opportunity to visit again, and go to Jerusalem too”.

From this point on, we exchanged “notes” about places to visit, she asked if I’m Jewish, and after a few minutes, she said: “why don’t you call me on Whatsapp, it will be easier to talk…” and gave me “her” number 1-625-…..

Here I admit I was a bit surprised… To call her? On one hand, it was Saturday night, I knew she’s in France while Beyond was still in the shipyard, without her hubby, figured maybe she’s a bit lonely and bored. On the other hand, I’m quite good in writing English, but talking?? My accent is horrible, and she tends to speak very quickly.

With some trepidation, I’ve called “her”, and, truth to be told, was quite relieved when “she” didn’t answer.

A few mins afterwards I’ve got a Whatsapp saying “I was at the bridge, we’re not allowed to talk privately, can I call you back at MY convenience”? I said “yes”, and decided to let “her” take the initiative.

About a month afterwards she took to the social media, asking for a snack she’s fond of from Trader’s Joe, which she cannot buy in Europe.

I decided to help her and published the request on several of the approaching Beyond roll calls. I wrote to her about it, and she replied: “Thank you, I was very hungry when I’ve asked for these snacks”.

People replied to me either “it is sold out”, or “I’ve ordered those on A---on, how will I get them to her”?

When I’ve wrote her about the “sold out” or “where shall I deliver”, her replies started to be “off”.

I couldn’t get a straight answer from “her” and decided to give up. Let her contact me if she wanted to continue our “relationship”.

Sure enough, she started to write me “I was today in X”, sent me videos of her with other cruisers, etc. I replied politely and noncommittally, I had the feeling I’m “speaking” with a boot…

So, last week I’ve got a “plea” for help from “her” – a strange request about her Whatsapp being “logged out”, and that “she” needed another SIM card… I decided to “play along” and told her that should I buy her a SIM card, it will be an Israeli number.

“She” said “Yes, just send me the verification number”. I continued playing the “technically challenged” and “she” started to push me: “Please, I need your help, I need it today, when can you buy it?” Told her I’ll drive to the city and try to buy it. I had anyhow some errands, so, after dealing with them, I went into a mobile shop and asked about the “sting” the “captain” wanted to pull on me. They agreed with me, and told me to tell “her” that in Israel, for security reasons, you cannot just “buy” a SIM, you have to IC yourself, etc.

I have to tell that at this point, I was absolutely sure that someone hacked into “her” number and is taking advantage of me.

When I got back home, I wrote “her” that….. “security, etc.”.

“She” was not pleased. Told me again: “I’ll understand that you don’t want to help me…”.

By this time, hubby and me decided to block “her” number. Hubby thought to alert her on other social media/s, but turned out that lots of “her” profiles are fakes too…

Yesterday, when our eldest was here, I’ve shown him the “history” of my correspondence with “her”, and turned out that someone somehow hacked the “live” conversation the real Captain had with her fans, and started to correspond with me.

I was in shock – at least I’ve thought that part of the time I’ve been actually corresponding with her, since at the beginning, the hacker was quite good in impersonating the Captain….

Dani , I’m sorry it turned out to be a fraud .  The 1-625 number was a tip-off.  That area code is spam .  Probably not a good idea to play along because it only encourages them . Did your son encourage  you to change your passwords ? 

Enjoy your cruise . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Last we heard, things went well, and they were closing up.  Will probably be a while before we are able to talk to her. 

Sending our prayers 🙏 to your daughter for a successful outcome to her op.

Graham.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, A. I hope I'll have the opportunity to meet her. More than 60 have signed for the "connections party", may be she'll make an appearance.

I have to admit that it was a very sophisticated "con", build slowly in order to gain confidence. Hubby found all the videos and pictures "she" posted available for copying in the net....

Nevertheless, huge mistake trying to overdo the "credibility".... On the day "she" asked for the SIM card, "she" told me "today we're in Taormina.... blah, blah" + the temperature there.

BUT, my memory is still here, and I knew that Taormina was the day before, since the real Kate already posted pics from there...

I have every confidence that you will meet her .  Anybody can be taken in by a scam. It is easier to detect flaws after the fact. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Captain Kate and me – the “romance” that wasn’t….

[Spoiler alert – long story !!!!]

I’ve been following the captain since we were booked [and cancelled] on Edge (May 2021), until Beyond [hopefully not cancelled].

I was curious if she’ll be on the new Beyond, and, in one of her “live” in Instagram, I’ve asked, among many others who asked questions (March 2022), if she’ll be on this ship for our sailing. Some minutes after I’ve asked, I’ve heard a “ping” and on the screen there it was: “Captain Kate….”

She replied: “Yes, I’ll be on Beyond, and thank you for sailing with us… Where r u from?” I replied: “Israel”, and then she said: “Oh, I’ve been to Haifa [northern Israel] on board of the Summit, visited the Christian holy sites, and I’m so waiting to have the opportunity to visit again, and go to Jerusalem too”.

From this point on, we exchanged “notes” about places to visit, she asked if I’m Jewish, and after a few minutes, she said: “why don’t you call me on Whatsapp, it will be easier to talk…” and gave me “her” number 1-625-…..

Here I admit I was a bit surprised… To call her? On one hand, it was Saturday night, I knew she’s in France while Beyond was still in the shipyard, without her hubby, figured maybe she’s a bit lonely and bored. On the other hand, I’m quite good in writing English, but talking?? My accent is horrible, and she tends to speak very quickly.

With some trepidation, I’ve called “her”, and, truth to be told, was quite relieved when “she” didn’t answer.

A few mins afterwards I’ve got a Whatsapp saying “I was at the bridge, we’re not allowed to talk privately, can I call you back at MY convenience”? I said “yes”, and decided to let “her” take the initiative.

About a month afterwards she took to the social media, asking for a snack she’s fond of from Trader’s Joe, which she cannot buy in Europe.

I decided to help her and published the request on several of the approaching Beyond roll calls. I wrote to her about it, and she replied: “Thank you, I was very hungry when I’ve asked for these snacks”.

People replied to me either “it is sold out”, or “I’ve ordered those on A---on, how will I get them to her”?

When I’ve wrote her about the “sold out” or “where shall I deliver”, her replies started to be “off”.

I couldn’t get a straight answer from “her” and decided to give up. Let her contact me if she wanted to continue our “relationship”.

Sure enough, she started to write me “I was today in X”, sent me videos of her with other cruisers, etc. I replied politely and noncommittally, I had the feeling I’m “speaking” with a boot…

So, last week I’ve got a “plea” for help from “her” – a strange request about her Whatsapp being “logged out”, and that “she” needed another SIM card… I decided to “play along” and told her that should I buy her a SIM card, it will be an Israeli number.

“She” said “Yes, just send me the verification number”. I continued playing the “technically challenged” and “she” started to push me: “Please, I need your help, I need it today, when can you buy it?” Told her I’ll drive to the city and try to buy it. I had anyhow some errands, so, after dealing with them, I went into a mobile shop and asked about the “sting” the “captain” wanted to pull on me. They agreed with me, and told me to tell “her” that in Israel, for security reasons, you cannot just “buy” a SIM, you have to IC yourself, etc.

I have to tell that at this point, I was absolutely sure that someone hacked into “her” number and is taking advantage of me.

When I got back home, I wrote “her” that….. “security, etc.”.

“She” was not pleased. Told me again: “I’ll understand that you don’t want to help me…”.

By this time, hubby and me decided to block “her” number. Hubby thought to alert her on other social media/s, but turned out that lots of “her” profiles are fakes too…

Yesterday, when our eldest was here, I’ve shown him the “history” of my correspondence with “her”, and turned out that someone somehow hacked the “live” conversation the real Captain had with her fans, and started to correspond with me.

I was in shock – at least I’ve thought that part of the time I’ve been actually corresponding with her, since at the beginning, the hacker was quite good in impersonating the Captain….

Sorry this happened Dani. Imagine how many people might have fallen for this scam. 

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

So, it seems to never fail, that when we are away, something happens with my daughter or her family.  Why should this trip be different.  

She had called a few days after we got to California, and said she had been having pains.  Went to the hospital, had some scans done and they said it was maybe a kidney stone up high, gave her some antibiotics and sent her home.

Then last night, we get a call.  She is in the hospital for an emergency appendectomy.  Now the waiting begins to see how things are.  

I hope all goes well for her and a quick recovery. 

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline did her first “harvest” from her raised garden…mint leaves. Guess what we did with them?  Mojitos!!  Cheers to a great weekend!

E80CFC29-3DC5-41D4-9E2F-757902A1BAD7.thumb.jpeg.461702125e68f7fdb696717135bf1cc5.jpeg

The perfect use of mint!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Totally enjoyed the new Top Gun movie, highly recommend it. It was enhanced with a large margarita on the rocks I added a small water bottle filled with patron to give it a little more kick 😁

I didn't know, until I saw it earlier today, that Val Kilmer had throat cancer.  I liked how they worked him into the new Top Gun.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Not quite. Before the Rangers advanced to this round, it was $200 here in Tampa vs $650 in NYC. 

Once they did advanced to this round, prices shot up overnight. $300 in Tampa & $750+ in NYC. For the "cheap seats". 

Basically,  it's cheaper for me to fly down here to go to the game than at home 😄 Especially when using airline points (free flights!!)

My son in law said that flying to Carolina would be cheaper than buying a seat at the Garden.
My prediction is that the Rangers will beat Tampa 4 straight.

Enjoy the game

• Like 2

So much to catch up on.

@singinalotYour new home looks beautiful.  Wonderful renovations to your kitchen.  My son in law would love your 5 car garage.  He has approx.6 cars that he keeps at home and sitting on his grandmother's driveway.  Wishing you much luck in your beautiful house.

@h20skibumhealing prayers to your daughter.

@dani negreanuDani, what a weird con!  I'm glad you saw right through it.  Unfortunately, many don't.

Still battling at times intense pain.  "Happy" pills sometimes are just not enough.  Visits from friends and family help greatly.

Jack is wonderful peppering me with some of my favorite foods,  NY style pastrami on crusty rye bread. Day before, chicken parm hero. What could be better?   Food served here is meh so the extras I get are very much appreciated.

Getting high marks on therapy but the tough therapy will be when I am cleared to step on my bad ankle.  I'm up for the challenge. Oh and my therapists frown on the walker that keeps one leg bent.  

Be well, all!

• Like 17

Bonnie, keep up the good work with your therapy.  It sounds like your visitors and Jack bringing your favorite sandwiches, etc is just the right ticket!  Hopefully your pain will soon subside.  Stay positive, kiddo!  Thinking about you!🌹

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry I have not been around today. Full day of a fantastic event. Most of you know my passion for good bourbon and recently Missouri’s very own distillery Holiday Distillery released their first bottled in bond bourbon in over 35 years.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_468a.thumb.jpg.836db595f2b437f8af97d1d61fe80d29.jpg

Today at the distillery they had bourbon and brunch with  mingling with bourbon experts Doug Frost, (one of only four people in the world to hold both Master Sommelier and Master of Wine titles and spirits.) Kyle Merklein, (head distiller at Holladay) Maggie Kimberl, (Content Editor at American Whiskey Magazine) and Michael Veach, (Author  and bourbon historian and a member of the Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame) as well as master mixologists from the Kansas City area.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_469c.thumb.jpg.21c540f5c11ef242c1f2d424a86de1a8.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_469f.thumb.jpg.fe37c9e225ff1cb48aa3352cbad16f6a.jpg

Master distiller Kyle Merklein and myself.

IMG_8174.thumb.jpg.28e982497dd1cd51eafd434e90eb9898.jpg

The judges.

IMG_8177.thumb.jpg.39df2e1dc3c53dfab9a3cad2b94191ba.jpg

we did a  sampling of bourbon cocktails from the local master mixologists. Each bartender will bring a unique cocktail to the table to be sampled and scored by our guests for a “People’s Choice” award and then judged by our panel of bourbon experts!

My winner and winner of the people choice. A version of an old fashioned made with blackberry jam converted into a simple syrup and believe it or not balsamic vinegar.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_469a.thumb.jpg.25d083c408e4f9006963acff847001ff.jpg

Judges picked was this tasty cocktail. Complete with cherry tomato garnish.

IMG_8178.thumb.jpg.fa7a1fdc4b965d86bd9efd095f09e71f.jpg

Another interesting was this one with smoked pineapple juice and a thyme simple syrup.

IMG_8170.thumb.jpg.fead6760f1d69b36e4fcac47c49c0e20.jpg

The food and cocktails were amazing as well as talking to these experts in their field.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_467b.thumb.jpg.6ae02f48ed49b6c5f5d4817833600903.jpg

A little bit about Holiday Distillery. It all started with the limestone spring. First discovered in what would become Weston, Missouri, by Lewis and Clark during their 1804 expedition, a pure limestone spring was a rarity whose potential was recognized by two enterprising young brothers by the names of Ben Holladay and Major David Holladay. After visiting the site, which was then a meat-packing house, the Holladay brothers divined an even greater purpose for that limestone spring: Bourbon.

Together, they founded this distillery in 1856. Ben Holladay went on to great fame and fortune as the “Stagecoach King,” running the stagecoach lines from Missouri to the West Coast that later became the Wells Fargo Express, and ultimately acquiring the Pony Express as well. It is the oldest distillery west of the Mississippi river.

It’s on beautiful land and the tour was so interesting.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_467a.thumb.jpg.17c8ca51f10d35aa44f8e261d8c038c0.jpg

Yeast doing it's thing. They let us stick our finger in and taste. This was a future wheated bourbon. Nice and sweet.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_467c.thumb.jpg.0765741db9676ab6085df60fda9a0f15.jpg

Copper still

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_467e.thumb.jpg.0d7c57009d6d36afc1f4333570b88536.jpg

Limestone well for the water source.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4686.thumb.jpg.9d6d8c4929bd968f3e367b4ca21be325.jpg

One of two rickhouses.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4676.thumb.jpg.f192dde8273cf38884dca1dddb4ff95e.jpg

This is where the magic begins. Some of these barrels will stay here for 6 years.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4681.thumb.jpg.372832d791413c752ef6b84d980141bf.jpg

Each barrel weighs over 500 pounds. Watch your feet.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_468e.thumb.jpg.ac941e85bea7428065fdfda072d2f63d.jpg

Local corn and rye.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_468b.thumb.jpg.8dbbb69a8ceae8f28b2f743bc616f0e2.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4683.thumb.jpg.18378684fbf18a08cf3d034f140fd81a.jpg

All in all a beautiful day to learn about bourbon, it's history and the making of. I learned a lot and really enjoyed some amazing cocktails and wonderful conversations.

Cheers!

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

FB_IMG_1654365766787.jpg.e42ab634dfd0a7695efc44730aecf1f2.jpg

Can't tell from picture but did the waterway meet the pool?

we’re north of Clearwater in New Port Richey

yes! Replaced all the silver hardware with matte black

One garage door but it opens into basically 5 car/vehicle garage. Nate’s getting it all put together now and we’re going to look at a golf cart later today. I’ll post pics.

Know exactly where that is, my Grandfather lived there. You are going to turn into Phillies Fans who have spring training in Clearwater, won't take long to forget all about Colorado Rockies

I think you pretty much had to select that house just to have that garage for all your cars?

The house is very nice indeed, Congrats !!

• Like 5