Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Minneapolis (and many surrounding suburbs) has an awesome summer program, Music in the Parks. The concerts are FREE.

We have something similar in our area with free concerts all summer, although only a couple times a week.  They have some really good groups that we enjoy.  

• Like 3

@Sea Dog Greg, I couldn’t help but think of you when I got this in my email this morning.  

5378EA9F-B90B-4F13-9E78-A90280A669FE.thumb.jpeg.2910a927c9bc29f48953f447ed944195.jpeg

Wendall August Forge is a hand crafted, metal forge, not far from our area.  They have been doing custom metal pieces for nearly 100 years.  We have several coasters, Christmas Ornaments, and plates from their forge.  

When we were looking for a unique gift for our DIL’s parents, that was made in America, this is where we went.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

.My 13 year old granddaughter was in Hershey last weekend for a Soccer tournament.

My grandson Ryan was in Hershey 2 weeks ago with his school band for a Competition there.  They left at 5:30 a.m. and returned that night around 11:00 p.m.  Ryan loves and plays the Flute.

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My daughter is feeling much better,thank you.She hopes to return to work on Tuesday.

Every time I go out I try to walk a longer distance that the previous walk.Today was my longest walk .

Good for you, getting out for walks, Lenny!

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I know I will have to take over some cooking, once I am allowed to touch things again.  But right now, it is kind of nice being served. 😀

Enjoy it while you can, Mark!  Did you test yourself this morning (Monday)?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline's planted/transplanted flowers are blooming nicely.

Thunbergia erecta (aka King's Mantle, Bush Clock Vine) growing on a trellis.

IMG_8808.thumb.jpg.022821621bc73aa215004e92a5df7901.jpg

Those flowers are beautiful and I love the pictures. "Thunbergia erecta" made me have a Beavis and Butthead giggle.

beavis-and-butt-head-laughing.gif.2c192ca8c2e22281971370a75bc1e104.gif

45 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

@Sea Dog Greg, I couldn’t help but think of you when I got this in my email this morning.  

5378EA9F-B90B-4F13-9E78-A90280A669FE.thumb.jpeg.2910a927c9bc29f48953f447ed944195.jpeg

Wendall August Forge is a hand crafted, metal forge, not far from our area.  They have been doing custom metal pieces for nearly 100 years.  We have several coasters, Christmas Ornaments, and plates from their forge.  

Thank you Mark I will check out that site. Those are nice looking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

My grandson Ryan was in Hershey 2 weeks ago with his school band for a Competition there.  They left at 5:30 a.m. and returned that night around 11:00 p.m.  Ryan loves and plays the Flute.

Good for you, getting out for walks, Lenny!

I need to walk as much as possible.Being on the bed 21 hours a day is not healthy.Prior to all my medical issues I would walk as much as 8 miles a day on a day like today .When I was in my twenties I would walk from where I lived in Brooklyn to midtown Manhattan.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We have something similar in our area with free concerts all summer, although only a couple times a week.  They have some really good groups that we enjoy.  

The last Saturday in June kicks off summer concerts in my area.It has always been with a big time band and no charge.Beginning July 5 there would be concerts 4-5 nights a week till the end of August and always with several big name artists offering many genre’s of music.

Joan Jett lives in the area and many times she has given free outdoor concerts as well.

The last time I was physically able to go to these concerts was in 2016 but I always am interested in who is appearing.A few days ago I got the schedule for this summer and there is not one real singers or bands,all tribute groups.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@taznremmy  Welcome back, Pat!  Glad you had a great cruise!

@Bailey & Sophie I LOVE Fleetwood Mac!  Nice way to spend the evening!

@bobmaclibertyBeautiful pictures of Micheline's many flowers!

@Momof3gurlzSorry for the loss, Deb.  Your drink looks delicious!

I believe that I have every album ever released by Fleetwood Mac.Stevie Nicks is one of my all time favorite singers.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Sharon

Look up Lake Harriet Band Shelter for the schedule. (I don't know how to post a link.) It will give you the whole summer schedule.

If you don't see something interesting, you can try Richfield or Bloomington. Both have a long list of concerts and movies listed.

So many pretty areas to walk. Minneapolis did a good job!

In the Spring of 1961 a friend invited me to go with him to a club in NYC to hear a young singer from Minneapolis .I can still hear the introduction “

Our headliner tonight is a young singer from Minnesota .Let’s hear it for Bob Dylan”.

• Like 5

We found out some awesome news today! 

Our daughter Christina and her DH received the results of there pregnancy genetic testing. And the baby to be has all normal results. 
Now, with that she let us know they are having a reveal this Saturday with all family members. She is now 12 weeks. 

Of course she lives 4 hours south of here and is having the party here. 

So mom or should I say grandma to be ( me) goes into warp speed. Helping her coordinate party.

Menu finalized. 
Now 

Being from Ohio one must have a cookie table including treats. 

And being from Ohio have to have home made Buckeyes. 

Today made 42 Buckeyes. I never acquired a taste for them. So others will enjoy. 

Then

the rest of the week I will be making

chocolate chip cookies

chocolate kisses cookies

banana brownies 

nut keiffels

iced drop cookies.

Todays process 

Talk to chocolate nicely so it melts well

056A8D9D-307B-4495-8ABE-A62C0D1E8FCB.thumb.jpeg.d1803da4a21d43cfff5bbbd08eb39cc7.jpeg

stick toothpick in peanut butter balls 1E5F4B82-02C0-4BDB-9C41-881C908F388E.thumb.jpeg.2ab2edfce231eecd8a8724ff1e64797d.jpeg

Pleased with results. 

36F27F37-D791-490F-BC46-0CB4B8018AAE.thumb.jpeg.7912edf3f24b1bb2363faf96a1c1fa0e.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 22
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I plan to do that Tuesday morning, but I have read you can test positive for a couple months.  Tomorrow will be 10 days since start of symptoms, so should no longer be contagious   Every one else was negative yesterday 

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Melting the chocolate well is, IMHO, the key to success 😁 

Many recipes call for melting in the microwave. Tried, don't like the melted texture.

I have a Corning sauce pan, and I'm melting the chocolate in it, very low temperature. 

Bain-marie is too cumbersome for me.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Our daughter Christina and her DH received the results of there pregnancy genetic testing. And the baby to be has all normal results. 
Now, with that she let us know they are having a reveal this Saturday with all family members. She is now 12 weeks. 

So mom or should I say grandma to be ( me) goes into warp speed. Helping her coordinate party.

Menu finalized. 
Now 

Today made 42 Buckeyes. I never acquired a taste for them. So others will enjoy. 

Then

chocolate chip cookies

chocolate kisses cookies

banana brownies 

nut keiffels

iced drop cookies.

Todays process 

056A8D9D-307B-4495-8ABE-A62C0D1E8FCB.thumb.jpeg.d1803da4a21d43cfff5bbbd08eb39cc7.jpeg

stick toothpick in peanut butter balls 1E5F4B82-02C0-4BDB-9C41-881C908F388E.thumb.jpeg.2ab2edfce231eecd8a8724ff1e64797d.jpeg

Pleased with results. 

36F27F37-D791-490F-BC46-0CB4B8018AAE.thumb.jpeg.7912edf3f24b1bb2363faf96a1c1fa0e.jpeg

This looks lovely. Way too much work for me. I'd just go with Sara Lee.🙄

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Menu finalized. 
Now 

Then

chocolate chip cookies

chocolate kisses cookies

banana brownies 

nut keiffels

iced drop cookies.

Todays process 

Pleased with results. 

It's been awhile since I had or have seen a buckeye. Good job. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline's planted/transplanted flowers are blooming nicely.  Between what Micheline has told me, and Apple's new ability to identify flowers from a picture, I think I will have the correct name for the pictures below.  Please though, any of you with more flower knowledge than me (doesn't take much), feel free to correct me.

Hollyhock in a large vase

IMG_8803.thumb.jpg.39e090ade89290d66592f8f39e7473cb.jpg

We have a back corner in our yard that has a lot of azalea bushes in a large rock bed, but they aren't doing well.  Micheline wants to transplant the azaleas elsewhere and I will then turn that entire part of the yard into an artificial putting green. 😁

Very Pretty! But I think this is Hibiscus, not Hollyhocks. :classic_smile: But apparently there is a Hibiscus Hollyhock, so I guess it could be that, too. :classic_biggrin: In any case, it is a gorgeous flower! 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 7

54 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I plan to do that Tuesday morning, but I have read you can test positive for a couple months.  Tomorrow will be 10 days since start of symptoms, so should no longer be contagious   Every one else was negative yesterday 

Good luck!  I didn't test negative until day 12.  Still had a very faint shadow of a line prior to that.  Good to hear all are still negative.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Congratulations! Those Buckeyes look very tasty. I could eat all of them. Chocolate and peanut butter what a glorious combination.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I need to walk as much as possible.Being on the bed 21 hours a day is not healthy.Prior to all my medical issues I would walk as much as 8 miles a day on a day like today .When I was in my twenties I would walk from where I lived in Brooklyn to midtown Manhattan.

When I was a teenager, I walked from Wall St  to Yorkville and turned around when I got to the Knickerbocker Brewery to go back to 86th St. 
Anybody here old enough to remember Knickerbocker?
86th St had a lot of German stores, and I wanted to buy marzipan and smoked eel. 
Yes, odd combination!
Then I walked back to Wall St to go home with my grandfather. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

When I was a teenager, I walked from Wall St  to Yorkville and turned around when I got to the Knickerbocker Brewery to go back to 86th St. 
86th St had a lot of German stores, and I wanted to buy marzipan and smoked eel. 
Yes, odd combination!

I  remember knickerbocker beer , I also started working down in wall st area when I was 17 , never was questioned about my age going to bars in that area even though drinking age was 18 , worked at US Lines at one broadway starting in January 1967 , turned 18 in June. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My granddaughter just bought Rumours, the vinyl!  She is 13 and really into the vinyl.

My son in law is into Debbie Gibson big time.He and my daughter are going to see her in concert Saturday night.When my grandkids are in my house they only music they are allowed to listen to is classic rock.The older one is into the Beatles .The younger one is still on current “music”.

Rumours is great.She should enjoy it .

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Yes, odd combination!

Those were the good old days,Mimi.Did you ever go to a German restaurant on 3rd.Ave and 20 St ? I cannot recall the name,

The last long distance walk I did was in 2005.I met a friend on 34 St and 7th.Ave .We walked to the foot of the Williamsburg Bridge,turned around and walked to the northernmost part of Central Park then back to Penn Station.