Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I tried to modify a Cape Codder with peach vodka. No good. Might be OK without the lime

I don't think I would like that. I don't envision peach and lime as complementary. This Kraken Rum is something else.... in a good way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

HAPPY SHAVUOT to our dear friends Dani, Bonnie, Lenny, and all of our Jewish friends on CC!❤️

Thank you very much ,MaryAnn.Toby made a delicious cheese cake and my daughter who lives nearby made baked ziti for her family ,Toby and I which she will deliver tomorrow.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We are in Freeport Maine for a quick overnight trip. We have a funeral tomorrow in the area. Andy’s brother-in-law’s mother passed away. We only met the woman once but wanted to attend out of respect for Andy’s sister & BIL.  Anyway, sitting outside a little tavern across from the LL Bean Superstore, having what’s called a Down East Margarita.  Tequila, triple sec, lime juice and  cranberry. It’s like a cross between a margarita and a Cosmo  @Ocean Boy @DaniDanielle

5C3D22C3-D165-416C-B1A0-FE5B7882F247.jpeg

Sorry for your loss.

44 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Might have to make a road trip.🙂

I am presently enjoying an Ocean Spray cranberry/Mango with vodka and Kraken Rum. Thanks @Sea Dog

20220605_195440.thumb.jpg.470fcb0c2ea0fb1939a2a6407bda2190.jpg

I have to get a bottle of that Kracken. It seems so versatile and I’ve taken screen shots of many if the recipes shared here that use it.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

Today is my grandson's 7th birthday. He is enjoying spending the weekend in Hershey Park. My Daughter was even able to get a picture of him and his sister together.

hershey 1.jpg

hershey 2.jpg

Happy birthday to your grandson.My 13 year old granddaughter was in Hershey last weekend for a Soccer tournament.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thank you Lenny. How is your daughter that had Covid? And how’s your new walker working out?

Thank you Lenny. How is your daughter that had Covid? And how’s your new walker working out?

My daughter is feeling much better,thank you.She hopes to return to work on Tuesday.

Every time I go out I try to walk a longer distance that the previous walk.Today was my longest walk .

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We are in Freeport Maine for a quick overnight trip. We have a funeral tomorrow in the area. Andy’s brother-in-law’s mother passed away. We only met the woman once but wanted to attend out of respect for Andy’s sister & BIL.  Anyway, sitting outside a little tavern across from the LL Bean Superstore, having what’s called a Down East Margarita.  Tequila, triple sec, lime juice and  cranberry. It’s like a cross between a margarita and a Cosmo  @Ocean Boy @DaniDanielle

5C3D22C3-D165-416C-B1A0-FE5B7882F247.jpeg

Sorry for the loss.

That drink sounds and looks really good.   

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't think I would like that. I don't envision peach and lime as complementary. This Kraken Rum is something else.... in a good way.

Peach and cranberry do well. It was a stretch

Supper tonight.   Filet, butter potatoes, corn on the cob, and Cheesecake Factory bread.  

DAA372E0-8304-4CE0-9CB8-A1DD94F78197.thumb.jpeg.33498e60cb97279d9a039765eb20af37.jpeg

At my quarantine table for one on the back deck.  

I know I will have to take over some cooking, once I am allowed to touch things again.  But right now, it is kind of nice being served. 😀

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@Sea DogGreg, I finally remembered to ask my neighbor about the bourbon that tasted so "smooth".  Her wife wasn't sure which bottle it was;  she showed me a bottle of "The Original Jesse James America's Outlaw Honey Flavored Whiskey"  Tavern Strength...again, she's not sure what I was given that evening.🤔

I've actually had that. It was pretty good. I'm not big on flavored whiskey's except for bourbon aged in sherry, port, or rum barrels. The flavored ones are kinda gimmicky to me.

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We are in Freeport Maine for a quick overnight trip. We have a funeral tomorrow in the area. Andy’s brother-in-law’s mother passed away. We only met the woman once but wanted to attend out of respect for Andy’s sister & BIL.

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure that cocktail was toasted to in her honor. Looks very good.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Might have to make a road trip.🙂

I am presently enjoying an Ocean Spray cranberry/Mango with vodka and Kraken Rum. Thanks @Sea Dog

Sounds delicious. Cheers my friend.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is my go to for any rum based cocktail. I don't even use light rum anymore.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Supper tonight.   Filet, butter potatoes, corn on the cob, and Cheesecake Factory bread.  

DAA372E0-8304-4CE0-9CB8-A1DD94F78197.thumb.jpeg.33498e60cb97279d9a039765eb20af37.jpeg

😀

Looks very tasty. Hope you are out of "Q" soon.

• Like 5

Minneapolis (and many surrounding suburbs) has an awesome summer program, Music in the Parks. The concerts are FREE. You could go to a concert just about every evening, sometimes twice a day. The Season kickoff was last weekend, but weather was nasty so we didn't attend.

We went tonight to listen to a Fleetwood Mac tribute band. Probably several thousand people there.  Lots of families and dogs. Many brought picnics and their own wine and beer. We threw together some cheese and crackers, fruit and drinks and headed out at the last minute. Lovely night, except toward the end it got a little cool with the breeze coming off the lake.

WARNING...lead singer is no Stevie Nicks. But Stevie probably no longer performs for free so it is what it is.

20220605_174933.jpg

20220605_174720.jpg

• Like 11

Hi All. 

Back from two weeks in Alaska on the Ovation OTS, and I am really far behind!

Looks like I am have about 61 pages to catch up on, but I will. 

I truly hope that everyone is well and nothing catastrophic has happened.  

Alaska was magnificent, as usual.

I look forward to catching up.

Stay healthy.

Pat

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2022 at 9:17 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

Who cruised Harmony earlier this year.  Look who I found.Miesel.  She is working CK on Ovation.   She has lighten her hair since we saw her.  She remembered us on Harmony.  She said at the end of March she was able to go home for 3 weeks.  She is so nice. @molly361 Ellen, she didn't hide from me.  😁

image.thumb.png.9dce89ce224577d232e10560d71386c6.png

I met Miesel while I was on the Ovation!  Lovely lady.

• Like 7

Nancy, I’ve been to concerts in that park when visiting our son’s family. We almost made it to the end of the concert when the rain started and we ended up in the ice cream shop waiting for the rain to let up. This was before Covid so not sure that shop is still there. Glad the concerts have survived. We will be there in August so will check and see if there will be any during our stay. We do plan to explore Lake Nokomis -thanks for posting the pics. DIL took our 15 mo GD there for her first lake beach outing.

Sharon

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

Nancy, I’ve been to concerts in that park when visiting our son’s family. We almost made it to the end of the concert when the rain started and we ended up in the ice cream shop waiting for the rain to let up. This was before Covid so not sure that shop is still there. Glad the concerts have survived. We will be there in August so will check and see if there will be any during our stay. We do plan to explore Lake Nokomis -thanks for posting the pics. DIL took our 15 mo GD there for her first lake beach outing.

Sharon

Sharon

Look up Lake Harriet Band Shelter for the schedule. (I don't know how to post a link.) It will give you the whole summer schedule.

If you don't see something interesting, you can try Richfield or Bloomington. Both have a long list of concerts and movies listed.

So many pretty areas to walk. Minneapolis did a good job!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sounds delicious. Cheers my friend.

It is my go to for any rum based cocktail. I don't even use light rum anymore.

I'm really impressed with the flavor Kraken adds to a drink. I was never much into rum in the past though I do like Mai Tais. Kraken is definitely a mixing rum though. I tried sipping it but it is too strong for that.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm really impressed with the flavor Kraken adds to a drink. I was never much into rum in the past though I do like Mai Tais. Kraken is definitely a mixing rum though. I tried sipping it but it is too strong for that.

That reminds me...Greg posted a link to the Kraken website that has several cocktail recipes.  I still haven't tried the Krakhattan that looks very interesting.  Maybe tonight as a pre-dinner cocktail...if I remember.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Hi All. 

Back from two weeks in Alaska on the Ovation OTS, and I am really far behind!

Looks like I am have about 61 pages to catch up on, but I will. 

I truly hope that everyone is well and nothing catastrophic has happened.  

Alaska was magnificent, as usual.

I look forward to catching up.

Stay healthy.

Pat

Welcome home I'm happy that you had a great trip.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I did the same thing. Yes I can not drink it straight. Great in a cocktail however.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

That reminds me...Greg posted a link to the Kraken website that has several cocktail recipes.  I still haven't tried the Krakhattan that looks very interesting.  Maybe tonight as a pre-dinner cocktail...if I remember.

Thanks for reminding me. I need to try that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I forgot to add a new cocktail that I just had for the first time called "Old Square" which is also know as a "Vieux Carre." This was really amazing and sorry I don't have a picture. Here is the recipe:

1 oz. Rye

1 oz. Cognac

1oz Sweet Vermouth

1/2 oz Benedictine Liqueur

2 Dashes Angostura Bitters

2 Dashes Peychaud's Bitters

1 Orange peel for flaming and garnish.

Mix everything in a glass mixing container with ice. Stir for 30 seconds. Flame the orange peel and rim the glass before pouring in the liquid. Add as garnish. By flaming the orange peel you give it a good flavor profile. It adds a smokey orange flavor and the aroma is better than just a standard orange twist.

Cheers it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

• Like 3

Micheline's planted/transplanted flowers are blooming nicely.  Between what Micheline has told me, and Apple's new ability to identify flowers from a picture, I think I will have the correct name for the pictures below.  Please though, any of you with more flower knowledge than me (doesn't take much), feel free to correct me.

Hollyhock in a large vase

IMG_8803.thumb.jpg.39e090ade89290d66592f8f39e7473cb.jpg

Thunbergia erecta (aka King's Mantle, Bush Clock Vine) growing on a trellis.

IMG_8808.thumb.jpg.022821621bc73aa215004e92a5df7901.jpg

Golden Trumpet growing on the same trellis

IMG_8809.thumb.jpg.d480df150a3736de272e6c3d80b99c65.jpg

Canna Lilly in a large pot (camera had a difficult time with this one in the shade)

APC_2823.thumb.jpg.4bb5a18e058dce07adf390fc3f095e78.jpg

We have a back corner in our yard that has a lot of azalea bushes in a large rock bed, but they aren't doing well.  Micheline wants to transplant the azaleas elsewhere and I will then turn that entire part of the yard into an artificial putting green. 😁

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Sharon

Look up Lake Harriet Band Shelter for the schedule. (I don't know how to post a link.) It will give you the whole summer schedule.

If you don't see something interesting, you can try Richfield or Bloomington. Both have a long list of concerts and movies listed.

So many pretty areas to walk. Minneapolis did a good job!

Thanks for the info, Nancy.  Minneapolis has great parks as well as many other interesting places to visit. We always find so much to do when we are there.

Sharon