Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, George C said:

Going to see the new Top Gun movie today I heard from friends it was excellent, we only go to movies with waiter service so I will be sipping on a margarita while wine drinks a Chardonnay.

We saw it on Wednesday and thought it was great.  They do several things to pay "homage" to the original movie and I liked how they tied them together.  The action scenes are intense.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Long time no visit…I haven’t caught up on anything here in a while so hope all are well.

Nate, Sam, and I are officially Floridians. We arrived Monday after a practically straight drive from CO. The week has been packed with setting everything up, changing fixtures and hardware, ordering furniture, etc. wifi was supposed to be installed Thursday, but of course that’s not done yet. Nate’s been going to

Buffalo Wild Wings most nights for hockey. 🤣

FE4525C4-57AF-4205-BA8F-5146CB5339BB.thumb.jpeg.743277cc7795932eed812ec732aa697f.jpeg

The kitchen “before”

000577DF-DC5D-4FA0-905D-CC7CA3BEC7D0.thumb.jpeg.af57fa5afcd89bf17b17018302cd60cc.jpeg

The kitchen now

DA72AFAA-079C-4786-9B48-506516D4BC9C.thumb.jpeg.200fef8190d3041033cf740b38d1dcdb.jpeg

i have a couple of end chairs coming for the table and 2 island stools before I’ll consider it the after 🙂

I like the light fixture! Have you got your cabinets the way you want them?

1 hour ago, George C said:

Cruisers leaving from Florida today might have a problem a tropical storm is hitting southern Florida now.

It looks like Symphony is the only one impacted so far.  Their sailing got pushed from today to tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We finished Bosch Legacy last night. I loved it but was disappointed by the ending.

I still have to watch the last two episodes.  I have been binge watching the Americans series while serving my quarantine.  One more season to watch in it.

Long time no visit…I haven’t caught up on anything here in a while so hope all are well.

Congratulations on the move.  I like the darker handles, faucets, lighting and the new paint scheme.  Only one garage door?  Where are you putting all the cars?

57 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Captain Kate and me – the “romance” that wasn’t….

[Spoiler alert – long story !!!!]

I’ve been following the captain since we were booked [and cancelled] on Edge (May 2021), until Beyond [hopefully not cancelled].

I was curious if she’ll be on the new Beyond, and, in one of her “live” in Instagram, I’ve asked, among many others who asked questions (March 2022), if she’ll be on this ship for our sailing. Some minutes after I’ve asked, I’ve heard a “ping” and on the screen there it was: “Captain Kate….”

She replied: “Yes, I’ll be on Beyond, and thank you for sailing with us… Where r u from?” I replied: “Israel”, and then she said: “Oh, I’ve been to Haifa [northern Israel] on board of the Summit, visited the Christian holy sites, and I’m so waiting to have the opportunity to visit again, and go to Jerusalem too”.

From this point on, we exchanged “notes” about places to visit, she asked if I’m Jewish, and after a few minutes, she said: “why don’t you call me on Whatsapp, it will be easier to talk…” and gave me “her” number 1-625-…..

Here I admit I was a bit surprised… To call her? On one hand, it was Saturday night, I knew she’s in France while Beyond was still in the shipyard, without her hubby, figured maybe she’s a bit lonely and bored. On the other hand, I’m quite good in writing English, but talking?? My accent is horrible, and she tends to speak very quickly.

With some trepidation, I’ve called “her”, and, truth to be told, was quite relieved when “she” didn’t answer.

A few mins afterwards I’ve got a Whatsapp saying “I was at the bridge, we’re not allowed to talk privately, can I call you back at MY convenience”? I said “yes”, and decided to let “her” take the initiative.

About a month afterwards she took to the social media, asking for a snack she’s fond of from Trader’s Joe, which she cannot buy in Europe.

I decided to help her and published the request on several of the approaching Beyond roll calls. I wrote to her about it, and she replied: “Thank you, I was very hungry when I’ve asked for these snacks”.

People replied to me either “it is sold out”, or “I’ve ordered those on A---on, how will I get them to her”?

When I’ve wrote her about the “sold out” or “where shall I deliver”, her replies started to be “off”.

I couldn’t get a straight answer from “her” and decided to give up. Let her contact me if she wanted to continue our “relationship”.

Sure enough, she started to write me “I was today in X”, sent me videos of her with other cruisers, etc. I replied politely and noncommittally, I had the feeling I’m “speaking” with a boot…

So, last week I’ve got a “plea” for help from “her” – a strange request about her Whatsapp being “logged out”, and that “she” needed another SIM card… I decided to “play along” and told her that should I buy her a SIM card, it will be an Israeli number.

“She” said “Yes, just send me the verification number”. I continued playing the “technically challenged” and “she” started to push me: “Please, I need your help, I need it today, when can you buy it?” Told her I’ll drive to the city and try to buy it. I had anyhow some errands, so, after dealing with them, I went into a mobile shop and asked about the “sting” the “captain” wanted to pull on me. They agreed with me, and told me to tell “her” that in Israel, for security reasons, you cannot just “buy” a SIM, you have to IC yourself, etc.

I have to tell that at this point, I was absolutely sure that someone hacked into “her” number and is taking advantage of me.

When I got back home, I wrote “her” that….. “security, etc.”.

“She” was not pleased. Told me again: “I’ll understand that you don’t want to help me…”.

By this time, hubby and me decided to block “her” number. Hubby thought to alert her on other social media/s, but turned out that lots of “her” profiles are fakes too…

Yesterday, when our eldest was here, I’ve shown him the “history” of my correspondence with “her”, and turned out that someone somehow hacked the “live” conversation the real Captain had with her fans, and started to correspond with me.

I was in shock – at least I’ve thought that part of the time I’ve been actually corresponding with her, since at the beginning, the hacker was quite good in impersonating the Captain….

Dani, sorry to hear this story.   Hopefully things are still on track for your cruise.

So an update on my quarantine.  Susan wanted me to test again yesterday (Saturday morning), although it hadn’t been 5 days since my positive test, but it had been 5 days since my start of symptoms.  Still tested positive, although most of my symptoms have now disappeared.  She tested also, and she is still testing negative.  I guess wearing the mask, avoiding everyone, and walking around with a Clorox wipe in my hand all the time has helped so far.

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We saw it on Wednesday and thought it was great.  They do several things to pay "homage" to the original movie and I liked how they tied them together.  The action scenes are intense

I hope I am able to see that movie this week, before my grandson finishes school for the year, and we have him for the summer.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Nate, Sam, and I are officially Floridians. We arrived Monday after a practically straight drive from CO. The week has been packed with setting everything up, changing fixtures and hardware, ordering furniture, etc. wifi was supposed to be installed Thursday, but of course that’s not done yet. Nate’s been going to

Buffalo Wild Wings most nights for hockey. 🤣

FE4525C4-57AF-4205-BA8F-5146CB5339BB.thumb.jpeg.743277cc7795932eed812ec732aa697f.jpeg

The kitchen “before”

000577DF-DC5D-4FA0-905D-CC7CA3BEC7D0.thumb.jpeg.af57fa5afcd89bf17b17018302cd60cc.jpeg

The kitchen now

DA72AFAA-079C-4786-9B48-506516D4BC9C.thumb.jpeg.200fef8190d3041033cf740b38d1dcdb.jpeg

i have a couple of end chairs coming for the table and 2 island stools before I’ll consider it the after :)

Nice!   CONGRATULATIONS and Best wishes in your new home🍹💐🌻

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

[Spoiler alert – long story !!!!]

I’ve been following the captain since we were booked [and cancelled] on Edge (May 2021), until Beyond [hopefully not cancelled].

I was curious if she’ll be on the new Beyond, and, in one of her “live” in Instagram, I’ve asked, among many others who asked questions (March 2022), if she’ll be on this ship for our sailing. Some minutes after I’ve asked, I’ve heard a “ping” and on the screen there it was: “Captain Kate….”

She replied: “Yes, I’ll be on Beyond, and thank you for sailing with us… Where r u from?” I replied: “Israel”, and then she said: “Oh, I’ve been to Haifa [northern Israel] on board of the Summit, visited the Christian holy sites, and I’m so waiting to have the opportunity to visit again, and go to Jerusalem too”.

From this point on, we exchanged “notes” about places to visit, she asked if I’m Jewish, and after a few minutes, she said: “why don’t you call me on Whatsapp, it will be easier to talk…” and gave me “her” number 1-625-…..

Here I admit I was a bit surprised… To call her? On one hand, it was Saturday night, I knew she’s in France while Beyond was still in the shipyard, without her hubby, figured maybe she’s a bit lonely and bored. On the other hand, I’m quite good in writing English, but talking?? My accent is horrible, and she tends to speak very quickly.

With some trepidation, I’ve called “her”, and, truth to be told, was quite relieved when “she” didn’t answer.

A few mins afterwards I’ve got a Whatsapp saying “I was at the bridge, we’re not allowed to talk privately, can I call you back at MY convenience”? I said “yes”, and decided to let “her” take the initiative.

About a month afterwards she took to the social media, asking for a snack she’s fond of from Trader’s Joe, which she cannot buy in Europe.

I decided to help her and published the request on several of the approaching Beyond roll calls. I wrote to her about it, and she replied: “Thank you, I was very hungry when I’ve asked for these snacks”.

People replied to me either “it is sold out”, or “I’ve ordered those on A---on, how will I get them to her”?

When I’ve wrote her about the “sold out” or “where shall I deliver”, her replies started to be “off”.

I couldn’t get a straight answer from “her” and decided to give up. Let her contact me if she wanted to continue our “relationship”.

Sure enough, she started to write me “I was today in X”, sent me videos of her with other cruisers, etc. I replied politely and noncommittally, I had the feeling I’m “speaking” with a boot…

So, last week I’ve got a “plea” for help from “her” – a strange request about her Whatsapp being “logged out”, and that “she” needed another SIM card… I decided to “play along” and told her that should I buy her a SIM card, it will be an Israeli number.

“She” said “Yes, just send me the verification number”. I continued playing the “technically challenged” and “she” started to push me: “Please, I need your help, I need it today, when can you buy it?” Told her I’ll drive to the city and try to buy it. I had anyhow some errands, so, after dealing with them, I went into a mobile shop and asked about the “sting” the “captain” wanted to pull on me. They agreed with me, and told me to tell “her” that in Israel, for security reasons, you cannot just “buy” a SIM, you have to IC yourself, etc.

I have to tell that at this point, I was absolutely sure that someone hacked into “her” number and is taking advantage of me.

When I got back home, I wrote “her” that….. “security, etc.”.

“She” was not pleased. Told me again: “I’ll understand that you don’t want to help me…”.

By this time, hubby and me decided to block “her” number. Hubby thought to alert her on other social media/s, but turned out that lots of “her” profiles are fakes too…

Yesterday, when our eldest was here, I’ve shown him the “history” of my correspondence with “her”, and turned out that someone somehow hacked the “live” conversation the real Captain had with her fans, and started to correspond with me.

I was in shock – at least I’ve thought that part of the time I’ve been actually corresponding with her, since at the beginning, the hacker was quite good in impersonating the Captain….

Sorry to hear this.   Good thing you went with your gut instinct as I cannot see her pleading for help with a sim card.   Make sure you weren't hacked too!

When you do meet her you will have a good story to tell her.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So, it seems to never fail, that when we are away, something happens with my daughter or her family.  Why should this trip be different.  

She had called a few days after we got to California, and said she had been having pains.  Went to the hospital, had some scans done and they said it was maybe a kidney stone up high, gave her some antibiotics and sent her home.

Then last night, we get a call.  She is in the hospital for an emergency appendectomy.  Now the waiting begins to see how things are.  

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear this.   Good thing you went with your gut instinct as I cannot see her pleading for help with a sim card.   Make sure you weren't hacked too!

When you do meet her you will have a good story to tell her.

Obviously it wasn’t captain Kate asking for a SIM card, maybe if it was temptations treats for her cat .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Greetings from Tampa, Florida. Pic from my hotel room. Carnival Paradise. Thus is probably the closest I've been to a cruise ship in 3+ years. 

20220604_131713.thumb.jpg.521af3b75a1024ba927b95102b71974a.jpg

However,  I'm not here to cruise. I'm here to attend tomorrow's hockey game between the NY Rangers & Tampa Bay Lightening.  Plenty of hockey enthusiasm down here. Plenty of "Go Bolts" signs everywhere & the bars are packed with fans. Watched last night's game at a sports bar with my stepdaughter & a friend of hers that lives here. 3 Rangers fans in a sea Lightening fans. Lol.  A lot of good natured back-n-forth ribbing that ended once the Rangers won.

Can't wait until tomorrow game in the arena. 

20220604_131721.thumb.jpg.bd7d10df17d9b27bef3c5317b957dd5d.jpg

• Like 20

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That is what I had on both my eyes and I was very pleased with the outcome.

50°F and cloudy this morning at 08.20am in North East England.

Graham.

Have a wonderful day, Graham.  I've been enjoying seeing the festivities for your Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth!  It is 77 degrees and sunny.  A beautiful day here;  I mowed the front lawn and began trimming our magnolia tree.  I am in the process of taking it down, as many of the leaves have been turning brown and making quite the mess.  Many of the leaves also litter my neighbor's driveway,  The tree is over 20 feet tall, and it took a hit with a bad storm a few years back.  I now have to think about what to put in it's place.  I'm leaning towards planting another crape myrtle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm here to attend tomorrow's hockey game between the NY Rangers & Tampa Bay Lightening.

Good luck to the Rangers. My theory is that with a different bounce, and my Pens would be there.  Since the Pens are out, I hope the Ranger hoist the cup this year. 

Enjoy the game.  There is nothing like live, playoff hockey. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Greetings from Tampa, Florida. Pic from my hotel room. Carnival Paradise. Thus is probably the closest I've been to a cruise ship in 3+ years. 

However,  I'm not here to cruise. I'm here to attend tomorrow's hockey game between the NY Rangers & Tampa Bay Lightening.  Plenty of hockey enthusiasm down here. Plenty of "Go Bolts" signs everywhere & the bars are packed with fans. Watched last night's game at a sports bar with my stepdaughter & a friend of hers that lives here. 3 Rangers fans in a sea Lightening fans. Lol.  A lot of good natured back-n-forth ribbing that ended once the Rangers won.

Enjoy the game!  I used to be a big Buffalo Sabres fan but that didn't stick (no pun intended) when I moved away from Buffalo.  It's a lot harder for me to follow hockey in a city where hockey isn't important.  I agree though...there's nothing like live playoff hockey.  Every goal means so much.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We finished Bosch Legacy last night. I loved it but was disappointed by the ending.  

We also were disappointed by the ending.  We've now begun watching the Lincoln Lawyer, and so far, we like it.

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

Nate, Sam, and I are officially Floridians. We arrived Monday after a practically straight drive from CO. 

The kitchen “before”

The kitchen now

Congratulations on becoming permanent Florida residents, Crystal, Nate, and Sam!  Your home and kitchen are beautiful.  I know you will enjoy living there full time!

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

at least I’ve thought that part of the time I’ve been actually corresponding with her, since at the beginning, the hacker was quite good in impersonating the Captain….

I am so sorry, Dani.  What a lousy disappointment!  Thankfully, you will soon be onboard and get to finally meet Captain Kate!🌹

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Then last night, we get a call.  She is in the hospital for an emergency appendectomy.  Now the waiting begins to see how things are.  

What a shock for you, as well as your daughter.  Prayers for your DD.  Has her appendectomy been performed yet?

I'm glad you are feeling better, and that no one else has the Virus

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

However,  I'm not here to cruise. I'm here to attend tomorrow's hockey game between the NY Rangers & Tampa Bay Lightening.  Plenty of hockey enthusiasm down here. Plenty of "Go Bolts" signs everywhere & the bars are packed with fans. Watched last night's game at a sports bar with my stepdaughter & a friend of hers that lives here. 3 Rangers fans in a sea Lightening fans. Lol

Have a great time at the game tomorrow!!!!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

What a shock for you, as well as your daughter.  Prayers for your DD.  Has her appendectomy been performed yet?

I'm glad you are feeling better, and that no one else has the Virus

Last we heard, things went well, and they were closing up.  Will probably be a while before we are able to talk to her. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Glorious day here in Bucks County, PA.

I'm about to shampoo the one and only rug in our in the family room.   Nice light breeze and able to have windows open should help it dry.   

Sparky has been going nuts with a birds nest and babies chirping away.   Their parents picked the wrong house with 2 cats that love to climb trees.  Eric just put small mesh fencing around tree trunk to try and stop Sparky and Eva from climbing this tree.  Hopefully this works as my conversation telling them to leave the babies alone didn't 😺

my TSOTD is a bright lime green tank top from our January cruise to Antigua.

My TSOTD is from the Einstein store in Princeton,NJ

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

My son in law the Rangers fan told me that tickets for the first game in MSG against Tampa were $550.00 and up and that a comparable location in Carolina was $100 .Are the prices in Tampa similiar to Carolina .

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Have a wonderful day, Graham.  I've been enjoying seeing the festivities for your Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth!  It is 77 degrees and sunny.  A beautiful day here;  I mowed the front lawn and began trimming our magnolia tree.  I am in the process of taking it down, as many of the leaves have been turning brown and making quite the mess.  Many of the leaves also litter my neighbor's driveway,  The tree is over 20 feet tall, and it took a hit with a bad storm a few years back.  I now have to think about what to put in it's place.  I'm leaning towards planting another crape myrtle.

You can’t go wrong with a crape Myrtle. I love the cherry pink and the watermelon colored ones. 
Because we’re in a condo, we get what someone else decides, so outside our kitchen and dining room windows we have white crape myrtles. I’d have rather have had colored, but they are pretty. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Just WOW! So sorry Dani that this person took you for a ride. Can you imagine what "gifts' They must have received from innocent non suspecting fans. I said uh oh when you said she wanted to call on Whatsapp. Knowing her, she would NEVER ask anybody to do that, especially online. But I did not want to post that, since people take offense very easily. Just sorry this happened. Do report this to her.

Please enjoy your cruise and hug the real Captain Kate from all of us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1