Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That is excellent controlled weight loss Greg.

54°F and sunny here this morning at 06.10am.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

I absolutely agree with Graham . That is quite the accomplishment, Greg .  Your surgery was on February 9th and 32 lbs is to be applauded. Congratulations ! 

I wish more of the Queen’s jubilee was being televised here.  Prince Louis was certainly enjoying himself .

Dani stay healthy.  We’ve been lucky so far in that no immediate family member has contracted Covid.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Stayed up past 1am watching the Trooping of the Colour. London had a day of glorious weather for it after rain the day before. Loved the spectacle of it all. Seamus  the Irish wolfhound mascot of the Irish Guards.  The horses, uniforms and precision marching.   Lovely to see the Queen clearly enjoying it all and chatting with 4 year old Prince Louis on Buckingham Palace balcony. The aerial display at the very end was special too.

Glad I stayed up to watch it live since the Queen has now pulled out of the service of remembrance at St Paul’s on Friday.

Watched it also, loved the big drum shire horses, in fact all the horses were marvellous, especially Princess Anna's 

Later in the evening we had the lighting of the bonfires across the Country and the tree of trees outside Buckingham Palace 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I watched some of it on TV while working from home.   They sure are having perfect weather for the special day.      She looks great!     Prince Louis is a funny one.

She truly is an amazing woman.    God Bless the Queen

I find it amazing that she's had weekly one to ones with her prime ministers (14 in total), for 70 years, guess she knows where the bodies are buried 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Well, I got my 50lb Weight Loss charm from "Weight Watchers" today!  Oh and there's no backing out now....my family got all of our vaccines verified on our RC app!

Well done, a great achievement 👏 

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations that's awesome. I've lost 32lbs since my knee replacement. The first 20 I can chalk up to the opioid diet since the pain meds did not make me hungry. Now that I have one good knee and one bad I can at least walk and get on the elliptical. Still need to drop 30-40 more to feel really good.

Keep up the great work!

Well done Greg, especially with mobility issues whilst recovering your op 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Watched it also, loved the big drum shire horses, in fact all the horses were marvellous, especially Princess Anna's 

Later in the evening we had the lighting of the bonfires across the Country and the tree of trees outside Buckingham Palace 

Yes those two drum horses were stunning.  I was impressed by the riders being able to drum and control the horses at the same time. Plenty of practice obviously but still very impressive.

Saw the lighting of the bonfire and the  BP tree footage on the news.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I almost forgot, I got my favorite Hallmark movie on DVD! It's called "Love At Sea" and it was filmed on Harmony Of The Seas! I happen to be an Activity Director on land, which means my job is basically that of a Cruise Director. 

The movie tells the story of Olivia, an Event Planner who gets hired with her best friend, Alex, to do a theme cruise. The Cruise Director they've been working with got transferred to Symphony and his Assistant Cruise Director, Tony, gets asked to fill in, and if he does well, he'll get promoted to Cruise Director. He then ends up working with Olivia, so it's how these two dramatically different people work together.

Needless to say, given my love of cruises (this month will be my 24th) and the fact that a character who would be my counterpart is featured, this movie has me written all over it! They had me at "Cruise Director"! A movie featuring my job....yes please!

And yes, I'm currently reading "Love On The Lido Deck", the basis for the movie. 

OH NO!!! I HATED that movie, Love at Sea...SO totally fake! So much over acting.

Could not stand it. I very rarely watch Hallmark. So made up!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Well, I got my 50lb Weight Loss charm from "Weight Watchers" today!  Oh and there's no backing out now....my family got all of our vaccines verified on our RC app!

That’s a remarkable achievement!  Think of it as losing the equivalent of 10 five pound bags of sugar or a very heavy suitcase!  Congratulations!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

OH NO!!! I HATED that movie, Love at Sea...SO totally fake! So much over acting.

Agree. I wanted to like the movie but it was impossible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I agree that these movies are unrealistic, however it a nice escape from all of the headline news of hate and violence.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

Mask mandate reinstated for our county, Friday at midnight. No end date provided. :classic_sad:

And apparently no one is going to take responsibility for removing the Formica. Home Depot admits it was their contractor's mistake. But they aren't going to do anything to correct it. We will have to find our own contractor to remove it. :classic_rolleyes: Or they will refund the tile materials and labor costs. :classic_sad:

It could be worse, but things aren't going very well. :classic_smile:

Maybe I should come over there, since I am wearing my KN95 all the time since testing positive. 

Too bad I couldn’t send you the guy we use to do any remodel jobs at our house.  He is a perfectionist, and does what is needed to do a job properly. As an added bonus, he does the work for less than what I think it should be.  We had him do a small bath remodel a couple years ago, and just had him do our master bath remodel, which he finished while we were on our cruise.  It was perfect as well. 

Hope you get your backsplash problem corrected without too much hassle. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

It was way easier than I thought it was going to be.  My mom and I are doing it together and every week we have a competition.  It's like "The Biggest Loser: Home Edition"!

Congrats on the weight loss.  We did one of those “Biggest Loser, Family Edition” a few years ago. Instead of pounds lost, we modified it to % of body weight lost.  It does make for a friendly competition. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Congratulations.

Great accomplishment.

I got to get motivated, and stop using COVID as the excuse.

Let the challenge begin!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations that's awesome. I've lost 32lbs since my knee replacement. The first 20 I can chalk up to the opioid diet since the pain meds did not make me hungry. Now that I have one good knee and one bad I can at least walk and get on the elliptical. Still need to drop 30-40 more to feel really good.

Keep up the great work!

Congrats on that weight loss, Greg.  That is an impressive goal, and I hope you make it.  

I have found that frequent cruising makes it much harder to achieve and maintain. 😏

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

I find it amazing that she's had weekly one to ones with her prime ministers (14 in total), for 70 years, guess she knows where the bodies are buried 😁

I loved it in the movie The Queen when Tony Blair is all excited about how important he is when he meets her for the first time and she replied dryly “Yes, I’ve had 70 (don’t remember the exact number) Prime Ministers; my first was Winston Churchill.”

• Like 7

HM Queen Elizabeth II: Have we shown you how to start a nuclear war yet?
Tony Blair: Er no.
HM Queen Elizabeth II: First thing we do apparently, then we take away your passport and spend the rest of our time sending you around the world.
Tony Blair: You obviously know my job better than I do.
HM Queen Elizabeth II: Yes well, you are my tenth Prime Minister Mr Blair. My first of course was Winston Churchill, he sat in your chair in a frock coat and top hat. And he was kind enough to give a shy young girl like me quite an education.
Tony Blair: I would imagine.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

That’s excellent!  Well done.  New knee, new wardrobe.

Yes I may need to order a whole bunch of new Sea Dog T-shirts.😉

10 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I almost forgot, I got my favorite Hallmark movie on DVD! It's called "Love At Sea" and it was filmed on Harmony Of The Seas! I happen to be an Activity Director on land, which means my job is basically that of a Cruise Director. 

The movie tells the story of Olivia, an Event Planner who gets hired with her best friend, Alex, to do a theme cruise. The Cruise Director they've been working with got transferred to Symphony and his Assistant Cruise Director, Tony, gets asked to fill in, and if he does well, he'll get promoted to Cruise Director. He then ends up working with Olivia, so it's how these two dramatically different people work together.

Needless to say, given my love of cruises (this month will be my 24th) and the fact that a character who would be my counterpart is featured, this movie has me written all over it! They had me at "Cruise Director"! A movie featuring my job....yes please!

And yes, I'm currently reading "Love On The Lido Deck", the basis for the movie. 

I enjoyed the movie. Fun to see all the places I recognized on the ship.

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That is excellent controlled weight loss Greg.

54°F and sunny here this morning at 06.10am.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Thanks Graham. Hope you had a great day. Cheers!

8 hours ago, NHProud said:

I absolutely agree with Graham . That is quite the accomplishment, Greg .  Your surgery was on February 9th and 32 lbs is to be applauded. Congratulations ! 

Thanks, I feel pretty good about it and I'm on a mission. Makes working out so much easier when your retired and have the time.

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Well done Greg, especially with mobility issues whilst recovering your op 

Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I am a big fan of the Hallmark Christmas movies. Are they predictable? Yes. Are they cookie cutter scripts? Yes. Is the acting sometimes over the top? Yes. But I enjoy it for what it is. I know I'm not watching a movie that is a award winner. Sometimes I watch them for the fun of it.

Just now, h20skibum said:

Congrats on that weight loss, Greg.  That is an impressive goal, and I hope you make it.  

I have found that frequent cruising makes it much harder to achieve and maintain. 😏

Now that we will cruising 2-3 times a year I want to keep the weight down so I don't have to worry about what I eat on a cruise. Eating and drinking is part of the fun of a cruise.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It is 61° and sunny, with a high of 70° today.  I am glad it has been nice every day in the Bay Area, so I can spend my day on the back deck, instead of in my quarantine room.   I am glad grandson still has another week of school, so we do not have to keep him entertained all day.

Tomorrow will be the 5th day after testing positive, so I am hoping for a negative test then.  So far, everyone else has no symptoms.  I was hoping I wasn’t contagious before my son flew to Europe last week, and he is still fine.  He is traveling from Munich to Paris today.  He has another week there, and it is a pain that you have to test to fly back to the US, when you can cross any border by land without testing.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It is 61° and sunny, with a high of 70° today.  I am glad it has been nice every day in the Bay Area, so I can spend my day on the back deck, instead of in my quarantine room.   I am glad grandson still has another week of school, so we do not have to keep him entertained all day.

Tomorrow will be the 5th day after testing positive, so I am hoping for a negative test then.  So far, everyone else has no symptoms.  I was hoping I wasn’t contagious before my son flew to Europe last week, and he is still fine.  He is traveling from Munich to Paris today.  He has another week there, and it is a pain that you have to test to fly back to the US, when you can cross any border by land without testing.

I hope you test negative too. Hang in there Mark, I'm glad you have no serious symptoms.

• Like 4

Went to a really nice wine dinner last night 4 course dinner with Silver Oak wines , at end of the dinner they raffled off some bottles and we won a bottle of silver oak Cabernet which is on of our favorite high end wines. 

• Like 12

50 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Maybe I should come over there, since I am wearing my KN95 all the time since testing positive. 

Too bad I couldn’t send you the guy we use to do any remodel jobs at our house.  He is a perfectionist, and does what is needed to do a job properly. As an added bonus, he does the work for less than what I think it should be.  We had him do a small bath remodel a couple years ago, and just had him do our master bath remodel, which he finished while we were on our cruise.  It was perfect as well. 

Hope you get your backsplash problem corrected without too much hassle. 

Finding a guy like that is worth his weight in gold.  We have a painter like that.  He doesn't just paint...he fixes all of the little imperfections that he finds as he goes.  He says it's the perfectionist in him.  He wants things to look perfect when he's done, even if something isn't really his responsibility to fix.

• Like 8

Our new office cabinets are finally getting partially installed today.  They'll install the base cabinets and then make a template for the countertop.  The countertop will take a couple of weeks to make.  At that point, they'll come back to install the top and the upper cabinets, and finish any final details.  We should finally have a real office before the end of the month.  No more folding tables!

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Finding a guy like that is worth his weight in gold.  We have a painter like that.  He doesn't just paint...he fixes all of the little imperfections that he finds as he goes.  He says it's the perfectionist in him.  He wants things to look perfect when he's done, even if something isn't really his responsibility to fix.

I agree.  He was almost finished with this bath before we left for our cruise.  He was down to cutting and installing new oak baseboard, when he called me up to look at the stain that he thought was too light to match the existing door frames.  Fortunately, I still had some dark walnut stain that matched all the woodwork in our house, and did some test staining on some scrap oak to make sure it matched.

He said his mistake, and he went and bought new oak trim and stained it with the matching stain.

We have been so satisfied that he is not only good, but fast, that we give him a bonus when he finishes.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Too bad I couldn’t send you the guy we use to do any remodel jobs at our house.  He is a perfectionist, and does what is needed to do a job properly.

I have a guy like that... I'm married to him.  🙂  He built a 2-story addition on our previous home, and later remodeled the kitchen.  He did all the work except for roofing and the kitchen granite.  There were two projects that were not done properly and had to be redone... the roofing and the granite.  

• Like 12