Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If you get the UDP, can you reserve the same restaurant more than once.  Could we reserve say Chops the 2nd amd 5th night?  Did I read right that UDP only works for lunch on cruise days not port days?

You can reserve the same restaurant more than once if you want. The UDP only works at restaurants for lunch on sea days, because generally, that is only when they are open. I think Playmakers opened at 2:30 on port days, so you could have lunch there any day. Same with Johnnie Rockets, you can dine whenever they are open at no additional cost. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, derorim said:

I have a guy like that... I'm married to him.  🙂  He built a 2-story addition on our previous home, and later remodeled the kitchen.  He did all the work except for roofing and the kitchen granite.  There were two projects that were not done properly and had to be redone... the roofing and the granite.  

I have the same kind of guy - DH - and his price is always right 😉!  He actually does some work for a few people, strictly by word of mouth. Because he’s so dependable, meticulous and a real perfectionist he is very much in demand and could easily do it full time if he wanted to. But he didn’t retire to work full time.  What he does is as he chooses and when he chooses.  It keeps him occupied and adds to the cruise fund 🤣

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I have the same kind of guy - DH - and his price is always right 😉!  He actually does some work for a few people, strictly by word of mouth. Because he’s so dependable, meticulous and a real perfectionist he is very much in demand and could easily do it full time if he wanted to. But he didn’t retire to work full time.  What he does is as he chooses and when he chooses.  It keeps him occupied and adds to the cruise fund 🤣

Bill is in the kitchen removing the Formica now. Apparently, there are You Tube videos on how to remove Formica. Who knew? :classic_biggrin: The drywall will probably need to be skim coated and sanded afterwards though. We will see how it goes. :classic_smile:

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I just made my 1st garlic scape pesto.  Much stronger than I expected but taste good on Ritz Crackers.  I need to make some homemade bread to spread it on.

image.thumb.png.ff99d78967e96741f79f14a110ea5c9c.png

That looks delicious!!!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Thank you very much.

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

This is awful on both counts;  the mask mandate, and especially the contractor's mistake causing you to find a responsible contractor to remove it!    

Since we moved to NJ, having someone show up after saying they would come, is not always easy!  Our ride-on lawn mower has not worked for the past two years, and we have had people say they'll be there and not show up.  It is so frustrating!!  We finally found a reliable mechanic who makes house calls;  he showed up, worked on the mower, ordered the part needed and came back two days later.  So nice to have the ride-on for the backyard,  I, however, am not ready to give up my Ryobi mower so that I can mow the front!😉

Congrats on your weight loss...it's not an easy thing to do.  Have a great cruise!!  What ship?

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Congratulations to both of you on your weight loss, it’s not easy.  
I’ve been feeling like a real slug lately.  It’s been all downhill since we returned from the Anthem cruise way back in early April.  Easter right after that (can you say ham, mashed potatoes and carrot cake?!), then Mother’s Day shortly after ( over the top brunch).  I finally decided to get back on my healthy eating regimen and walking regularly; overdid it and got tendinitis in my foot so no walking for a while.  Plus the last few days I’ve felt like “carp” - fatigued, muscle aches, headache-y.  Testing negative though.  Granddaughter who slept over last weekend has a double ear infection so maybe I caught some kind of bug from her.  
But on the plus side, we booked a cruise!  The Voyager 7 nt repositioning from Boston to San Juan on 10/30. We’ll stay a night or two in SJ at the end before flying home.  And our first Junior Suite which means we’ll be Diamond for the Bella cruise 😊.  

I was supposed to be on that ship, but they had a deal on Enchantment that saved us money so we moved that cruise up.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I just made my 1st garlic scape pesto.     Much stronger than I expected but taste good on Ritz Crackers.  I need to make some homemade bread to spread it on.

image.thumb.png.ff99d78967e96741f79f14a110ea5c9c.png

Mix the garlic scape pesto with a little cream cheese.   We do that as a base for a pesto-pizza.   I love garlic scapes--one of the benefits of growing garlic, for sure.

Edited by Gardener5b
added information
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gardener5b said:

Mix the garlic scape pesto with a little cream cheese.   We do that as a base for a pesto-pizza.   I love garlic scapes--one of the benefits of growing garlic, for sure.

I planned to mix some scapes with cream cheese but never considered mixing the pesto with it.  DW should have some extra tomorrow after cooking.  I love basil pesto pizza.  

Ratio wise, what would you guess pesto to cream cheese should be.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I planned to mix some scapes with cream cheese but never considered mixing the pesto with it.  DW should have some extra tomorrow after cooking.  I love basil pesto pizza.  

Ratio wise, what would you guess pesto to cream cheese should be.

I'm a good cook, but very bad at recipes  because I just cook by instinct.   Does your scape pesto have basil in it?   That mellows it a little.  If it is pure garlic scapes, I'd probably try 1/3 cream cheese to 2/3 pesto.  You can always adjust to add more cream cheese as needed.   If there is pesto in with the scapes, I'd probably do 3/4 pesto to 1/4 cream cheese.   It's all personal taste.

Scapes are also great in stir fries!!   Just replace your normal garlic with some chopped scapes.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gardener5b said:

I'm a good cook, but very bad at recipes  because I just cook by instinct.   Does your scape pesto have basil in it?   That mellows it a little.  If it is pure garlic scapes, I'd probably try 1/3 cream cheese to 2/3 pesto.  You can always adjust to add more cream cheese as needed.   If there is pesto in with the scapes, I'd probably do 3/4 pesto to 1/4 cream cheese.   It's all personal taste.

Scapes are also great in stir fries!!   Just replace your normal garlic with some chopped scapes.

There is no basil in this batch.  Had a stronger taste than I expected. 

I am thinking about making a garlic scape butter role.  

I sauteed some the other day and stirred it into some egg cheese omelet. That was good. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you. I was indeed wondering if PHACO is "blade" 😕.

@lenquixote66

So DH had 2 PHACO (blade) very easy ops, in which he chose lenses to get rid of his glasses.

That is what I had on both my eyes and I was very pleased with the outcome.

50°F and cloudy this morning at 08.20am in North East England.

Graham.

• Like 5

I confess to having gone off the reservation and have been reading Sid’s review of his B2B on Scarlett Lady over on the Virgin Voyages board.  I don’t think Virgin is for us in any way, but boy does the food look great in his pictures. 

• Like 7

Cruisers leaving from Florida today might have a problem a tropical storm is hitting southern Florida now. Need to check on my brother in Ft Myer. We don’t cruise again until November unfortunately. Just made my wife a omelette with feta cheese. Going to see the new Top Gun movie today I heard from friends it was excellent, we only go to movies with waiter service so I will be sipping on a margarita while wine drinks a Chardonnay.

• Like 4

We finished Bosch Legacy last night. I loved it but was disappointed by the ending.  When that series first came out, I didn’t think Titus Welliver was a good choice to play Harry. In my mind, Liev Schreiber was the ideal Harry Bosch. Now I can’t imagine anyone but Welliver playing him and when I read a Harry Bosch novel, he’s who I see in my mind while I’m reading. 
@George C Both people I know who’ve seen the new Top Gun raved about it.  I’m not a Tom Cruise fan but it’s such an iconic movie that I’ll def watch it. 

• Like 4

Glorious day here in Bucks County, PA.

I'm about to shampoo the one and only rug in our in the family room.   Nice light breeze and able to have windows open should help it dry.   

Sparky has been going nuts with a birds nest and babies chirping away.   Their parents picked the wrong house with 2 cats that love to climb trees.  Eric just put small mesh fencing around tree trunk to try and stop Sparky and Eva from climbing this tree.  Hopefully this works as my conversation telling them to leave the babies alone didn't 😺

my TSOTD is a bright lime green tank top from our January cruise to Antigua.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Long time no visit…I haven’t caught up on anything here in a while so hope all are well.

Nate, Sam, and I are officially Floridians. We arrived Monday after a practically straight drive from CO. The week has been packed with setting everything up, changing fixtures and hardware, ordering furniture, etc. wifi was supposed to be installed Thursday, but of course that’s not done yet. Nate’s been going to

Buffalo Wild Wings most nights for hockey. 🤣

FE4525C4-57AF-4205-BA8F-5146CB5339BB.thumb.jpeg.743277cc7795932eed812ec732aa697f.jpeg

The kitchen “before”

000577DF-DC5D-4FA0-905D-CC7CA3BEC7D0.thumb.jpeg.af57fa5afcd89bf17b17018302cd60cc.jpeg

The kitchen now

DA72AFAA-079C-4786-9B48-506516D4BC9C.thumb.jpeg.200fef8190d3041033cf740b38d1dcdb.jpeg

i have a couple of end chairs coming for the table and 2 island stools before I’ll consider it the after 🙂

Congratulations on the official move!  Love the new light fixtures and especially the new paint color.  Show us more!

• Like 1

Captain Kate and me – the “romance” that wasn’t….

[Spoiler alert – long story !!!!]

I’ve been following the captain since we were booked [and cancelled] on Edge (May 2021), until Beyond [hopefully not cancelled].

I was curious if she’ll be on the new Beyond, and, in one of her “live” in Instagram, I’ve asked, among many others who asked questions (March 2022), if she’ll be on this ship for our sailing. Some minutes after I’ve asked, I’ve heard a “ping” and on the screen there it was: “Captain Kate….”

She replied: “Yes, I’ll be on Beyond, and thank you for sailing with us… Where r u from?” I replied: “Israel”, and then she said: “Oh, I’ve been to Haifa [northern Israel] on board of the Summit, visited the Christian holy sites, and I’m so waiting to have the opportunity to visit again, and go to Jerusalem too”.

From this point on, we exchanged “notes” about places to visit, she asked if I’m Jewish, and after a few minutes, she said: “why don’t you call me on Whatsapp, it will be easier to talk…” and gave me “her” number 1-625-…..

Here I admit I was a bit surprised… To call her? On one hand, it was Saturday night, I knew she’s in France while Beyond was still in the shipyard, without her hubby, figured maybe she’s a bit lonely and bored. On the other hand, I’m quite good in writing English, but talking?? My accent is horrible, and she tends to speak very quickly.

With some trepidation, I’ve called “her”, and, truth to be told, was quite relieved when “she” didn’t answer.

A few mins afterwards I’ve got a Whatsapp saying “I was at the bridge, we’re not allowed to talk privately, can I call you back at MY convenience”? I said “yes”, and decided to let “her” take the initiative.

About a month afterwards she took to the social media, asking for a snack she’s fond of from Trader’s Joe, which she cannot buy in Europe.

I decided to help her and published the request on several of the approaching Beyond roll calls. I wrote to her about it, and she replied: “Thank you, I was very hungry when I’ve asked for these snacks”.

People replied to me either “it is sold out”, or “I’ve ordered those on A---on, how will I get them to her”?

When I’ve wrote her about the “sold out” or “where shall I deliver”, her replies started to be “off”.

I couldn’t get a straight answer from “her” and decided to give up. Let her contact me if she wanted to continue our “relationship”.

Sure enough, she started to write me “I was today in X”, sent me videos of her with other cruisers, etc. I replied politely and noncommittally, I had the feeling I’m “speaking” with a boot…

So, last week I’ve got a “plea” for help from “her” – a strange request about her Whatsapp being “logged out”, and that “she” needed another SIM card… I decided to “play along” and told her that should I buy her a SIM card, it will be an Israeli number.

“She” said “Yes, just send me the verification number”. I continued playing the “technically challenged” and “she” started to push me: “Please, I need your help, I need it today, when can you buy it?” Told her I’ll drive to the city and try to buy it. I had anyhow some errands, so, after dealing with them, I went into a mobile shop and asked about the “sting” the “captain” wanted to pull on me. They agreed with me, and told me to tell “her” that in Israel, for security reasons, you cannot just “buy” a SIM, you have to IC yourself, etc.

I have to tell that at this point, I was absolutely sure that someone hacked into “her” number and is taking advantage of me.

When I got back home, I wrote “her” that….. “security, etc.”.

“She” was not pleased. Told me again: “I’ll understand that you don’t want to help me…”.

By this time, hubby and me decided to block “her” number. Hubby thought to alert her on other social media/s, but turned out that lots of “her” profiles are fakes too…

Yesterday, when our eldest was here, I’ve shown him the “history” of my correspondence with “her”, and turned out that someone somehow hacked the “live” conversation the real Captain had with her fans, and started to correspond with me.

I was in shock – at least I’ve thought that part of the time I’ve been actually corresponding with her, since at the beginning, the hacker was quite good in impersonating the Captain….

• Like 17

46 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Long time no visit…I haven’t caught up on anything here in a while so hope all are well.

Nate, Sam, and I are officially Floridians. We arrived Monday after a practically straight drive from CO. The week has been packed with setting everything up, changing fixtures and hardware, ordering furniture, etc. wifi was supposed to be installed Thursday, but of course that’s not done yet. Nate’s been going to

Buffalo Wild Wings most nights for hockey. 🤣

FE4525C4-57AF-4205-BA8F-5146CB5339BB.thumb.jpeg.743277cc7795932eed812ec732aa697f.jpeg

The kitchen “before”

000577DF-DC5D-4FA0-905D-CC7CA3BEC7D0.thumb.jpeg.af57fa5afcd89bf17b17018302cd60cc.jpeg

The kitchen now

DA72AFAA-079C-4786-9B48-506516D4BC9C.thumb.jpeg.200fef8190d3041033cf740b38d1dcdb.jpeg

i have a couple of end chairs coming for the table and 2 island stools before I’ll consider it the after 🙂

Beautiful house, what area of Florida did you move to ?

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

How is this for a future Hallmark movie.Three best friends in childhood,two guys and a gal.Both guys were in love with the gal.She married one of the guys.The other guy was so in love with her that he never married.

The 3 had a lifetime friendship .The married guy became ill with a serious illness and asked his longtime best male friend to marry the woman when he was gone. They have now been married about 10 years.The guy who is married to her now is a well known retired athlete.

True story.

Is it a secret?