Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a busy weekend.    Eric's Brother stopped by to say Hi on Saturday.    We haven't seen him in a while so we asked him to stay for a BBQ dinner.     He gladly accepted and we spent hours catching up.     Then Sunday I had to work on all the chores I didn't get done on Saturday.    I was very happy to finally sit down on our back patio around 4 pm and say that everything was planted, mulched, weeded, trimmed and mowed.    Now sit back and watch it all grow.     Our garden is thriving and Eric's sunflower plants must be growing an 1" a day - there are now over 3' feet tall.     

I hung on the fence 4 license plates I have collected from Aruba, Bahamas, St. Maarten and Venezuela along with other outdoor decor (Flamingo's, Fish, etc).    Hung up near back door (on the siding) the wood and beaded sea turtles I bought in Antigua (360 store in port) in January.    Love them.   

We have a beautiful hand carved wooden turtle that we bought in Antigua.It was not a store in port.This was in 2019 and we took a taxi .The driver said there was a great store where everything was made in Antigua .

I have a 20 foot high bookcase.I keep books and vacation souvenirs on it,

The turtle has a nice resting spot .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

🤞

I was wondering if the peanut butter covered in chocolate was the buckeye.  

I didn't realize you worked at US Lines!  My first job in NY was for  Moore-McCormack Lines, at 2 Broadway.  (I found out after working there that my Dad helped build 2 Broadway).

My last job working in NY was on Wall Street, at the Law Firm of White & Case (Mayor Guiliani worked there, but I didn't know him).

I think the longest I walked was from the South Ferry up to China Town, and then to Mid-Town.  It was a great day, except for the blister I wound up with.

Was 2 Broadway the building that had a bookstore on the street level ?I worked on Maiden Lane in 1968 and used to walk to Battery Park during my lunch hours ? 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love Fleetwood Mac also. Well, it is more Stevie Nicks that I love. Her voice, her looks, her persona. She is just awesome.

There was a story about her in 21 Century Rock magazine in which she was listed as being in the top 100 singers of all time.She is one of my all time favorites and at age 74 still sounds great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Went to the County Fair here Saturday for the concert with The Commodores.  They played all their hits.  “Sail On”, “Easy”, “Three Times a Lady”, “Lady (You Bring Me Up)”, “Too Hot ta Trot”, “Brick House”, “Nightshift”, and “Still”.  It was fun!  They were so good.

2174E2E0-BFA1-494A-9CBA-AF7EC676355F.thumb.jpeg.ea9613a66958e52e2e47b14338976a2d.jpeg

D9B14F3C-CCFF-4676-A1A0-CD3B402C3BF0.thumb.jpeg.0542efa5ff1bd5ffd81647fc8a4a2e5f.jpeg

83DBE3DC-BADC-4B1B-8007-EFB472102BB1.thumb.jpeg.bd45223a10a10494478b278bb3edaec8.jpeg

F42B09E3-F58C-42A9-8F05-14FD7C038962.thumb.jpeg.ff0a50982e18ec14460754a48f3e7adc.jpeg

A couple of years ago we had a layover in LA. I  started to chat with a couple of guys...it was the Commodores on a tour.  Had a great time talking.

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Clarification
  • Like 7

My youngest daughter went to Orlando for the Megacon May 20th flew home the 23rd tested positive for covid on the 25th. She has been vaxed she said it felt like a very bad cold. She finally tested negative yesterday.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Bragging time for me. My soon to be 18 year old granddaughter just texted to tell me that she was named the MVP of her high school Basketball team.

That's wonderful news!  Congratulations to your GD.  

Brag away🤩

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Those were the good old days,Mimi.Did you ever go to a German restaurant on 3rd.Ave and 20 St ? I cannot recall the name,

The last long distance walk I did was in 2005.I met a friend on 34 St and 7th.Ave .We walked to the foot of the Williamsburg Bridge,turned around and walked to the northernmost part of Central Park then back to Penn Station.

Manhattan was always fun for me. I only got to spend time there as a visitor and my mother’s siblings took me everywhere.

I know we went to a German restaurant, but can’t remember anything about it. 
As a teenager I ate at Toffenetti’s and I think Jack Dempsey’s. 

As an adult, I loved taking friends up there for long weekends and wearing them out walking all over the island. 
 I was lucky to be able to walk through so many cities across the world and when I feel sorry for myself that I can’t do it any more, I remind myself of all the things and places I’ve seen that I never dreamed I would. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Mrs. H. said:

I used to live in Mayport.

It hasn’t changed much. The City of Jacksonville was going to build a cruise terminal in Mayport so we could get the mega cruise ships here, but the people in Mayport said it would ruin the small town atmosphere. So the waterfront has a couple of rundown restaurants and that’s about it. 
Mayport could be a charming destination if it wanted to be. 
We used to drive out there for shrimp.  Mayport shrimp are wonderful, but there’s only a fraction of the shrimp boats there used to be. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

It hasn’t changed much. The City of Jacksonville was going to build a cruise terminal in Mayport so we could get the mega cruise ships here, but the people in Mayport said it would ruin the small town atmosphere. So the waterfront has a couple of rundown restaurants and that’s about it. 
Mayport could be a charming destination if it wanted to be. 
We used to drive out there for shrimp.  Mayport shrimp are wonderful, but there’s only a fraction of the shrimp boats there used to be. 

I heard it changed a lot since we moved back to NYC from Mayport in 1984.

I guess I must be doing something right with my son’s garden, because the plants have almost doubled in size in the last week.  Even one of his strawberry plants had one that started turning red. 

8BA49273-A7AF-4ADD-B2CA-5939412C2897.thumb.jpeg.710521b8b11a1bb29962ba624403e009.jpeg

Daughter-in-law has been working from home, due to Covid cases (not only me, but her office had several).  So when I saw what lunch might be today, I thought I would pass on it. 

842A8FA6-EEE0-41DD-B957-E0658CD5DE2B.thumb.jpeg.ff793714bd7fa5cc8339ea95cfe55e63.jpeg

That isn’t to say I haven’t eaten this before, but I don’t like to work so hard for my food, and these don’t have much meat on them.  So instead, I grabbed some leftover pizza and broke my isolation to go see the new Top Gun movie.  They have 18 showings a day, so Susan and I went to the first one.  Only one other person in the theatre, so it was like a private showing (plus isolation was easy). We both liked the movie. 

Supper tonight was shrimp and fettuccine Alfredo. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Mrs. H. said:

I heard it changed a lot since we moved back to NYC from Mayport in 1984.

Well, more business on Mayport Rd, and more subdivisions. When I think of Mayport, I think of the village. 
Actually, I hadn’t thought about it, but Wonderwood Expressway opened up more land for development. 
It runs from Mayport to Arlington which gives people in Mayport quick access to the Dames Point Bridge and around to I95. 
So Mayport is more connected to the rest of Jax than it was. 
The ferry is still running, which is a nice way to get across the river. 

13 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I guess I must be doing something right with my son’s garden, because the plants have almost doubled in size in the last week.  Even one of his strawberry plants had one that started turning red. 

8BA49273-A7AF-4ADD-B2CA-5939412C2897.thumb.jpeg.710521b8b11a1bb29962ba624403e009.jpeg

Daughter-in-law has been working from home, due to Covid cases (not only me, but her office had several).  So when I saw what lunch might be today, I thought I would pass on it. 

That isn’t to say I haven’t eaten this before, but I don’t like to work so hard for my food, and these don’t have much meat on them.  So instead, I grabbed some leftover pizza and broke my isolation to go see the new Top Gun movie.  They have 18 showings a day, so Susan and I went to the first one.  Only one other person in the theatre, so it was like a private showing (plus isolation was easy). We both liked the movie. 

Are you supposed to be putting out the Sluggo, slug & snail bait, too? Strawberries need it. :classic_biggrin: Maybe in the shed? 

I'm glad you are feeling better. Weather is better after our unusual June rain and humidity. I don't think I would ever eat chicken paws either. Your son and DIL, must have interesting tastes. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Manhattan was always fun for me. I only got to spend time there as a visitor and my mother’s siblings took me everywhere.

I know we went to a German restaurant, but can’t remember anything about it. 
As a teenager I ate at Toffenetti’s and I think Jack Dempsey’s. 

As an adult, I loved taking friends up there for long weekends and wearing them out walking all over the island. 
 I was lucky to be able to walk through so many cities across the world and when I feel sorry for myself that I can’t do it any more, I remind myself of all the things and places I’ve seen that I never dreamed I would. 

We still occasionally go to a German restaurant in queens Zum Stammtisch have been going there since the 1970’s .

• Like 6

On 6/1/2022 at 10:48 PM, BonTexasNY said:

I had ankle ER surgery 3 days ago to repair 3 breaks.  Lots of hardware and pain.  I didn't see a step down outside my apt complex to get to Jack who was picking me up.  I'm now a rehab in patient. for at least 3 weeks. Bed rest for 2 weeks. Nothing weight bearing. Full use of my foot will take approx. 4 months.Cancelled NJ trip to see kid and grands. Oy!!!

Couldn't read all the posts I've missed.  Hope all is well with everyone.

So sorry to hear this. Hope you have a speedy recovery. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

My all time favorite fettuccine Alfredo. I know it's high calorie but I do love it.

Interesting note. I ate in Rome at the original Alfredo's restaurant where fettuccine Alfredo was invented. It's a cool restaurant with pictures on the wall of all the famous people who have eaten there.

Funny thing is that their Alfredo is different than how we do it over here. Most places do it with heavy cream. At the restaurant they just melt the cheese in with noodles and a little bit of the pasta water. It is lighter in taste. I prefer the heavy whipping cream as well as my waistline.

• Like 7

On 6/1/2022 at 10:01 PM, ATG said:

How’s this.

a color made by mixing blue and yellow plus wood.  Highway 221 runs through it.

221 is a long highway.

On 6/2/2022 at 4:09 AM, brillohead said:

Okay, that's just WEIRD.... what the heck, CC????

Am I the only one who has figured this out yet?

On 6/2/2022 at 7:45 PM, Coralc said:

Mask mandate reinstated for our county, Friday at midnight. No end date provided. :classic_sad:

And apparently no one is going to take responsibility for removing the Formica. Home Depot admits it was their contractor's mistake. But they aren't going to do anything to correct it. We will have to find our own contractor to remove it. :classic_rolleyes: Or they will refund the tile materials and labor costs. :classic_sad:

It could be worse, but things aren't going very well. :classic_smile:

Sorry to hear this. That sucks on both accounts. 

On 6/2/2022 at 10:09 PM, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations that's awesome. I've lost 32lbs since my knee replacement. The first 20 I can chalk up to the opioid diet since the pain meds did not make me hungry. Now that I have one good knee and one bad I can at least walk and get on the elliptical. Still need to drop 30-40 more to feel really good.

Keep up the great work!

Congrats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2022 at 8:59 PM, broadwaybaby123 said:

Well, I got my 50lb Weight Loss charm from "Weight Watchers" today!  Oh and there's no backing out now....my family got all of our vaccines verified on our RC app!

Congrats. It’s not easy.

On 6/4/2022 at 7:36 AM, Momof3gurlz said:

I confess to having gone off the reservation and have been reading Sid’s review of his B2B on Scarlett Lady over on the Virgin Voyages board.  I don’t think Virgin is for us in any way, but boy does the food look great in his pictures. 

I keep up with his thread and his reviews. There are certain things about Virgin that I would like and others that I probably wouldn’t like. We plan on event giving it a try someday. I’m surprised they don’t have the UDP, but I think that’s good for some people. I’m sure it keeps the number of drunks down.

@dani negreanu So sorry to hear about your Captain Kate story. It’s sad that people don’t have better things to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2022 at 2:24 PM, John&LaLa said:

FB_IMG_1654365766787.jpg.e42ab634dfd0a7695efc44730aecf1f2.jpg

Yep, new infinity pool and pond this past weekend.

On 6/4/2022 at 2:34 PM, singinalot said:

That looks huge.

On 6/4/2022 at 10:34 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

I just experienced a first.  😆 Have you ever filled up your blender, turn it on, crank it to high and then realize the lid is not on it!  🤣

Well then  try to share the experience here but post it in a different thread where everyone would be wondering 🤔 why did he post that. 😆   Luckily I noticed what I did and was able to delete it.

Unfortunately yes. What’s worse are the times (unfortunately more than once) when I’ve had a blender full of a drink and get it back out of the frig for a refill. It needs just a small blend so I turn it on without the lid 😒  and accidentally still have it on high. Ugh! It goes everywhere.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4

On 6/6/2022 at 12:02 AM, taznremmy said:

Hi All. 

Back from two weeks in Alaska on the Ovation OTS, and I am really far behind!

Looks like I am have about 61 pages to catch up on, but I will. 

I truly hope that everyone is well and nothing catastrophic has happened.  

Alaska was magnificent, as usual.

I look forward to catching up.

Stay healthy.

Pat

Glad you had a good time. 

15 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline's planted/transplanted flowers are blooming nicely.  Between what Micheline has told me, and Apple's new ability to identify flowers from a picture, I think I will have the correct name for the pictures below.  Please though, any of you with more flower knowledge than me (doesn't take much), feel free to correct me.

Hollyhock in a large vase

IMG_8803.thumb.jpg.39e090ade89290d66592f8f39e7473cb.jpg

This is a hibiscus flower which is related to the hollyhock, but you can tell by the leaves it’s a hibiscus. I can understand why Apple was confused. They do look a lot alike.

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

You know why it's blocked by the CC filters???

Because it’s a bad word? Their filters block out many words so I’m not sure which one it is. It’s ok. It’s not the first time I’m in the dark about something. So things go right over my head. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2022 at 10:01 PM, ATG said:

How’s this.

a color made by mixing blue and yellow plus wood.  Highway 221 runs through it.

I missed the wood part. So it’s green no space wood? I’m baffled.

• Like 1