Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

@Sea Dog You haven't shared puppy pictures recently......hint, hint.....😁

Sorry I have been bad about posting and even taking new pictures. Here are some of the most recent. Napping.

IMG_8240.thumb.jpg.21f8954bd8decc610e6f8740d782988f.jpg

IMG_8241.thumb.jpg.3a838700319e49a741b5ad0924198aac.jpg

Outside.

IMG_8234.thumb.jpg.7c8e23bfbea09c51c6293300fcaf191a.jpg

Charlie had really grown. Lizzy is still pint size. They are in "let's see what I can get away with stage." Our furniture is old and we are going to replace everything but they are determined to chew on the couch. We've tried everything including the sprays and even putting throw pillows in front to keep them away. 

Here is another video of them chasing butterflies. I apologize how our fenced in portion of the yard looks. They've pretty much killed all the grass.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

In September. I’ll be on the 3rd, 11th and 17th cruises. After that in October we will be doing the TP and NZ cruises.

Where is your September 17th cruise? We are on Symphony out of Miami on the 17th.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry I have been bad about posting and even taking new pictures. Here are some of the most recent. Napping.

IMG_8240.thumb.jpg.21f8954bd8decc610e6f8740d782988f.jpg

IMG_8241.thumb.jpg.3a838700319e49a741b5ad0924198aac.jpg

Outside.

IMG_8234.thumb.jpg.7c8e23bfbea09c51c6293300fcaf191a.jpg

Charlie had really grown. Lizzy is still pint size. They are in "let's see what I can get away with stage." Our furniture is old and we are going to replace everything but they are determined to chew on the couch. We've tried everything including the sprays and even putting throw pillows in front to keep them away. 

Here is another video of them chasing butterflies. I apologize how our fenced in portion of the yard looks. They've pretty much killed all the grass.

Super sweet faces.  They are so pretty/handsome.  You might try making loops of the blue painter's tape and putting that where you don't want them to chew.  It works with cats and the tape won't hurt anything you put it on.  When the cats were new to the house we would put it where we didn't want them to scratch or where we didn't want them to be.   

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yesterday I received a phone call from a past CFO from a job that I worked in the 90's.    He had opened up his own business about 15 yrs and had previously asked me to come work in his acctg. department.     I always turned him down as I have enjoyed what I have been doing for many years.    I still do it enjoy (most days); however, the real estate/mortgage market has really slowed down this year.    So I decided I will meet him at his office this week and see what he has to offer.       

As I could always speak upfront with this person I mentioned that I have a couple of future cruises booked and time to spend at our shore house in the Fall and would that be a problem.    He said absolutely Not.      I asked if I would need to bring laptop and work while I am traveling and he said absolutely Not.    Salary would more than I am making now but I would have to go to the office every day.        I would really miss the option of working from home but would be nice to get back to an office atmosphere on a regular basis.    

I am torn.   Eric says I should go for it as he knows I am bored with work right now.    

I have an appt. on Tuesday to meet with him and discuss in detail and meet his staff.    

Wish me luck as I wrestled with all the pros and cons in bed last night.   

Sounds like he really values you. 

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are fighting having no rain.  I have been having to water the core gardening.  

Speaking of gardening I started from seed a type called Delicious tomatoes.   They are producing but they are a different type.  I have never grown  Pineapple tomatoes but they look like one.  Ha e you ever seen one of these?  I have not tried it yet but probably will later.

image.thumb.png.66eb78ee57876c2c880940c2ef8a5eb1.png

Those are cool looking and huge. I would love to find some in the stores.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sometimes I think I was better off when she was living under furniture instead of on me.😊

20220717_192208.thumb.jpg.2a1eadfa7faa65a6777d8d2ea61be5f7.jpg

I’m still waiting to see a pink blanket for that sweet girl. To much gray going on. 🎀

37 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Where is your September 17th cruise? We are on Symphony out of Miami on the 17th.

The 3 are on the Allure out of Fort Lauderdale. Looking to book some for January, but my choices are Odyssey or Harmony. Really going to miss the Allure when she goes to Galveston.

• Like 6

@h20skibum That was an unfortunate experience your family had at the Breakers. Had you stayed there before and then saw the quality go down on this recent stay? Maybe they were negatively affected by Covid.

Before you booked your stay,did you read any reviews of the Breakers ?

We usually look up places that are new to us on Trip Advisor.,so we have a good idea if a place is suitable for us. Theses days, vacations are expensive and we don’t appreciate wasting money where we cannot relax.

We have stayed at a few Homeward Suites and found them to be clean and comfortable.

Give those suitcases a good long time in quarantine as roaches can hide in small spaces. I hope you didn't bring home any unwanted souvenirs!🙄

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

My niece and her family just got off symphony it was there first rccl cruise and first cruise for most of them , they were overwhelmed by the entertainment and food options. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Mix up some liquid with Kraken and you will forget all about tomatoes.

In the late 1700’s rich Europeans feared the tomato.  Aristocrats died after eating tomatoes.  They wanted to forget all about 🍅.   Problem was they were being served tomatoes on pewter plates . 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, NHProud said:

In the late 1700’s rich Europeans feared the tomato.  Aristocrats died after eating tomatoes.  They wanted to forget all about 🍅.   Problem was they were being served tomatoes on pewter plates . 

OMG!!  I Googled this and had no idea!  Scary!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

OMG!!  I Googled this and had no idea!  Scary!

This discussion with my husband started around Bastille Day when he mentioned that the French tried to execute their prisoners in the 1700’s by feeding them tomatoes.   Is that true ? I don’t know .

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

PPPLLLEEEEAAASSSSSEEEE send it to California!

According to a chart I found it has rained 3.53 “ in America’s Finest City since Jan. 1 , 2022.    I didn’t make up our city’s motto. 

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good luck with your flooring and your Son's move.      Hopefully you have some fans to stay cool.    During the summer months I keep the blinds closed in most rooms.      I love summer and don't mind hot days but it is the humidity that I hate; however, my garden loves it.      

Thanks Debbie, yes we have good fans and my eldest son bought a portable air con unit for their upstairs flat last year 

All our blinds and curtains are closed . Took molly for a walk at 6.30 this morning . So far so good 👍 

We hope to go over to the new house later this afternoon to help with the unpacking   but there's no rush I guess as long as the beds are made and the kettle unpacked 😊

• Like 5

Yesterday I received a phone call from a past CFO from a job that I worked in the 90's.    He had opened up his own business about 15 yrs and had previously asked me to come work in his acctg. department.     I always turned him down as I have enjoyed what I have been doing for many years.    I still do it enjoy (most days); however, the real estate/mortgage market has really slowed down this year.    So I decided I will meet him at his office this week and see what he has to offer.       

As I could always speak upfront with this person I mentioned that I have a couple of future cruises booked and time to spend at our shore house in the Fall and would that be a problem.    He said absolutely Not.      I asked if I would need to bring laptop and work while I am traveling and he said absolutely Not.    Salary would more than I am making now but I would have to go to the office every day.        I would really miss the option of working from home but would be nice to get back to an office atmosphere on a regular basis.    

I am torn.   Eric says I should go for it as he knows I am bored with work right now.    

I have an appt. on Tuesday to meet with him and discuss in detail and meet his staff.    

Wish me luck as I wrestled with all the pros and cons in bed last night.   

Good luck for tomorrow Debbie, hope it goes well and the package is everything you would want

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Best of luck with the installation of your new floors tomorrow, Sue!   What kind of flooring are you having put down?  I sure hope it will cool off somewhat for you all.🤞

Thanks Maryann.  It's 9.30 and they're still not here yet. In contrast my son says the London removers have already cleared out half of the fairly large flat so they are hoping it will be done by 11am . 

The flooring is some sort of wood interlocking panels. We've got wood like laminate at mo and its over 20 years old so hopefully this will be an improvement 

• Like 4

I'm 56 and probably won't retire for several years.

Eric is 63 and he plans on hanging in with current job and retire around 65.

I worked full time since I was 17 till I was made redundant in 2021 at age 65 because of the pandemic. . I did reduce my hours the last couple of years to spend more time with my mum. I was going to retire 2021 anyway so it all worked out well, I got a nice redundancy payout  as well as three months pay in lieu of notice. Now the airports are crying out for staff, but I'm happy being retired.

My advice, don't retire until you are ready, I miss the vibe of the busy airport and my colleagues 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

The 3 are on the Allure out of Fort Lauderdale. Looking to book some for January, but my choices are Odyssey or Harmony. Really going to miss the Allure when she goes to Galveston.

They should send Harmony to Galveston and leave Allure right where it is.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@h20skibum That was an unfortunate experience your family had at the Breakers. Had you stayed there before and then saw the quality go down on this recent stay? Maybe they were negatively affected by Covid.

Before you booked your stay,did you read any reviews of the Breakers ?

We usually look up places that are new to us on Trip Advisor.,so we have a good idea if a place is suitable for us. Theses days, vacations are expensive and we don’t appreciate wasting money where we cannot relax.

We have stayed at a few Homeward Suites and found them to be clean and comfortable.

Give those suitcases a good long time in quarantine as roaches can hide in small spaces. I hope you didn't bring home any unwanted souvenirs!🙄

MJ🙋🏻

Our daughter had stayed there before, and she recommended the place.  That was pre-Covid.

We did hear a lot of complaints from others staying there, so I imagine there will be other negative reviews.  

• Like 1