Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I do have something in common with a drug dealer. I smuggle my candy in. 😇 A box of M&M cost more than the movie ticket. 

I am a sucker for the 55 gallon bucket of popcorn though. Always fresh and buttery.

We always bring our own candy to movie theaters.When I was a kid popcorn was 10 cents  and boxes of candy were 5 cents.It was between 10 and 25 cents for the movie admission,usually a double feature.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 77°F and partly sunny in our back garden now.

I'm delighted to say our Sarah has tested negative.

She has been poorly and isolated at home while she was positive.

She has gone out to celebrate.

Graham.

Great news,Graham

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Debbie, it sounds like a wonderful opportunity.  It's great that your cruise times will not be affected.  Sounds like he really wants you "on board". Good luck with whatever you choose.  

We saw the Blue Angels fly over where we lived a few years ago.  Beautiful formation!

I have no idea.  He never mentioned it. 

I never met anyone who grew up in my part of Brooklyn ,moved away and did not talk about living in Brooklyn.My friend Pamela moved to North Arlington Texas and there were enough people living in her area who grew up in Brooklyn to start a Brooklyn Club.They met once a week and discussed their childhoods.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Weeds in my flower beds and garden are growing like crazy just not my grass.  Yesterday I gave a quick spot mow.  Most of our the lawn is getting very dried out.  We had a little rain last night but other than that it hasn't rained here in a month.

We are fighting having no rain.  I have been having to water the core gardening.  

Speaking of gardening I started from seed a type called Delicious tomatoes.   They are producing but they are a different type.  I have never grown  Pineapple tomatoes but they look like one.  Ha e you ever seen one of these?  I have not tried it yet but probably will later.

image.thumb.png.66eb78ee57876c2c880940c2ef8a5eb1.png

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We just received an odd package we didn't order.   A pet sofa from Sam's club.   Has Eric's name on it but no idea where it came from as we didn't order.

We get a lot of junk mail sent to my house addressed to my son in law Eric who never lived here.Perhaps it is something about the name 😀

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I count our four year difference as Charlie being much, much older🤪

Toby is 15 months younger than me and we are much,much older than the other two people who posted .My thinking is that Charlie and I are close in age.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm delighted to say our Sarah has tested negative.

She has been poorly and isolated at home while she was positive.

She has gone out to celebrate.

Graham.

Good news about Sarah!!

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I just called C+A, they have nothing showing but we are looking at two interior rooms if we can get her friend onboard!

Good luck, Marietta!  I sure hope your daughter and grands will be joining you on your cruise!🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Dozen of YouTube videos that recount the true story as well as clips from the play. Just type in 'Gander 9/11'  into the search bar. Not sure why it hasn't been turned into a movie yet.

There was a really good documentary a few years ago that we saw.  According to the ever accurate wiki, there was also a made for tv movie called Diverted that was based on Gander.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Make that 3 of us.  54 and 61. 😉

Make that 4 of us.  Susan looks so young, some people ask if our grandson is her son.  Then they see me and they probably just think I am her sugar daddy. 😂 Four and a half years between us. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Make that 4 of us.  Susan looks so young, some people ask if our grandson is her son.  Then they see me and they probably just think I am her sugar daddy. 😂 Four and a half years between us. 

I swing it the the other way, I am older than my husband but only by 7 months.  I am currently the old lady for a few more months 😄 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I swing it the the other way, I am older than my husband but only by 7 months.  I am currently the old lady for a few more months 😄 

@reallyitsmema I swing your way too!  I am 3 years older than my DH, but he looks much older than me 😆!

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

12 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

@reallyitsmema I swing your way too!  I am 3 years older than my DH, but he looks much older than me 😆!

Here too, I am 5 months older than DH but most think he is much older, probably has something to do with the hairline or lack thereof 🤣.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, George C said:

We’re pretty close to you I am 73 Shelagh is 61 , at a party yesterday several people said she looks like Jamie Lee Curtis .

You are a very lucky man! 👍🏻

• Like 2

Our last couple days in Myrtle Beach, we just spent enjoying the beach, the pools and water slides. 

It seems like we had a brief shower almost every day.  You would look one way, and it didn’t look bad. 

577B93E6-B2C2-45F0-BE03-25CD6B687510.thumb.jpeg.7f08b42caeac55058a7a54120d5c5085.jpeg

and look the other way, and see storm clouds and lightening 

430DF1F2-62F2-4312-9F99-C958561C757A.thumb.jpeg.c86db959edb52b19f62824270b73060d.jpeg

The kids enjoyed their beach time, and helped create this little shark

E9E3DB21-E1D4-46A1-A1BC-64763386CD4C.thumb.jpeg.535472e1114baae264ac496fd0fc843d.jpeg

My grandson from California experienced his first water slide.  From his smile, I think he liked it.  This was made from 3 clips.  Me filming going up the steps, one of the kids filming thru the tube, and the final landing. 

• Like 19