Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

In September. I’ll be on the 3rd, 11th and 17th cruises. After that in October we will be doing the TP and NZ cruises.

I might have asked this before but...which TP?  We're on the Sept 30 Ovation from Vancouver.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry I have been bad about posting and even taking new pictures. Here are some of the most recent. Napping.

IMG_8240.thumb.jpg.21f8954bd8decc610e6f8740d782988f.jpg

IMG_8241.thumb.jpg.3a838700319e49a741b5ad0924198aac.jpg

Outside.

IMG_8234.thumb.jpg.7c8e23bfbea09c51c6293300fcaf191a.jpg

Charlie had really grown. Lizzy is still pint size. They are in "let's see what I can get away with stage." Our furniture is old and we are going to replace everything but they are determined to chew on the couch. We've tried everything including the sprays and even putting throw pillows in front to keep them away. 

Here is another video of them chasing butterflies. I apologize how our fenced in portion of the yard looks. They've pretty much killed all the grass.

So sweet 😃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

My niece is so excited! I'm giving her her own miniseries on my YouTube Channel for families cruisingvwith kiddos! 

That will be fun.   Are you going to use her voice for the video?   I think that would be best to actually hear the excitement in her voice😃

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sometimes I think I was better off when she was living under furniture instead of on me.😊

20220717_192208.thumb.jpg.2a1eadfa7faa65a6777d8d2ea61be5f7.jpg

Adorable.     Maybe Jade needs a nice Jade collar.  She looks like a girl that would like some jewels😺

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, George C said:

My niece and her family just got off symphony it was there first rccl cruise and first cruise for most of them , they were overwhelmed by the entertainment and food options. 

Good to know. I've ben a little nervous as I have heard some stories of the food not being very good. I really hope there are no supply chain issues and I will see all my favorite bourbon on board. We bought the UDP so I'm hoping that the food will be really good.

16 minutes ago, George C said:

Dallas forecast for today is 109 , i am sure the pool water will be in the 90’s this afternoon.

Going to be hot all week here in Kansas City. I've got a dinner party that I'm throwing at my house for Saturday. Going to be grilling outside and the high is suppose to be 101 degrees. I was hoping for my guests to be able to sit outside on our patio after dinner and enjoy some cocktails. Now I think not.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Good to know. I've ben a little nervous as I have heard some stories of the food not being very good. I really hope there are no supply chain issues and I will see all my favorite bourbon on board. We bought the UDP so I'm hoping that the food will be really good.

Going to be hot all week here in Kansas City. I've got a dinner party that I'm throwing at my house for Saturday. Going to be grilling outside and the high is suppose to be 101 degrees. I was hoping for my guests to be able to sit outside on our patio after dinner and enjoy some cocktails. Now I think not.

UDP is great we did it on allure, they loved the specialty restaurant on the ship , wonderland was there favorite. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I was hoping for my guests to be able to sit outside on our patio after dinner and enjoy some cocktails. Now I think not.

Anything special planned for cocktails?  Believe it or not, I had my first Mint Julep the other day (using fresh mint from Micheline's garden).  I can see that becoming a go to sipping cocktail for hot days.

• Like 7

Yes. The two other couples are long time friends and coworkers of mine as reporters. One is Irish and likes Irish Whiskey so I will have some Red Breast 12 and Teeling for him. The other likes bourbon so we will have a tasting with some of my best. Rip Van Winkle 10, Whistle Pig Old World 12 and Whistle Pig Small Batch 10, E.H Taylor Small Batch, Blanton's and locally Ben Holladay Bottled in Bond Missouri Bourbon. For the ladies I'm going to pre batch, Espresso Martini's and Passion Aperol Spritz's. Dessert will be a death by chocolate dessert served with Godiva Dark Chocolate Martini's. For food I'm doing Starters a Caprese Salad with heirloom tomatoes with balsamic vinegar glaze reduction, and a Greek Orzo salad. Mains are my filet mignon with my special marinate along with twice baked potatoes and bacon wrapped asparagus. Hopefully I won't screw it up. 

• Like 20

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes. The two other couples are long time friends and coworkers of mine as reporters. One is Irish and likes Irish Whiskey so I will have some Red Breast 12 and Teeling for him. The other likes bourbon so we will have a tasting with some of my best. Rip Van Winkle 10, Whistle Pig Old World 12 and Whistle Pig Small Batch 10, E.H Taylor Small Batch, Blanton's and locally Ben Holladay Bottled in Bond Missouri Bourbon. For the ladies I'm going to pre batch, Espresso Martini's and Passion Aperol Spritz's. Dessert will be a death by chocolate dessert served with Godiva Dark Chocolate Martini's. For food I'm doing Starters a Caprese Salad with heirloom tomatoes with balsamic vinegar glaze reduction, and a Greek Orzo salad. Mains are my filet mignon with my special marinate along with twice baked potatoes and bacon wrapped asparagus. Hopefully I won't screw it up. 

That menu and the cocktails sound amazing.   I'm sure you will do a great job!🤩

I have never had bacon wrapped asparagus.   I will have to try that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That menu and the cocktails sound amazing.   I'm sure you will do a great job!🤩

I have never had bacon wrapped asparagus.   I will have to try that.

Iv'e done it both on the grill and in the oven I think it turns out better in the oven. I'll season it with some black truffle sea salt and drizzle with olive oil and that should be it.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, taznremmy said:

PPPLLLEEEEAAASSSSSEEEE send it to California!

So thankful for the rain! We also enjoyed hearing the load thunder and feeling the house shake.  It rained over an hour and at least 1/2 was strong.  I hope the ground soften up enough to be able to drive some post.  

Started tomorrow the temperature is forecast to go over 100 again for the next 8 days.

• Like 5

Someone from Royal actually called me this morning about getting cabins for my daughter.  Very surprised.  However, she kept getting suites.  I asked about two interiors for the three of them and she said they need to be side by side so now I am checking for that🤞

Edited by DaniDanielle
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

This week,Wednesday to Sunday it is predicted that we will have triple digit temperatures.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

Someone from Royal actually called me this morning about getting cabins for my daughter.  Very surprised.  However, she kept getting suites.  I asked about two interiors for the three of them and she said they need to be side by side so now I am checking for that🤞

There were a ton of connecting interiors forward when I looked over the weekend.  I am glad that option might work.

I just booked Oasis too.  Can't let that credit balance sit on my AMEX.  Now looking at Anthem for the rest of the balance. 😄 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We just received an odd package we didn't order.   A pet sofa from Sam's club.   Has Eric's name on it but no idea where it came from as we didn't order.

That happened to us 3 or 4 years ago.
A tower?? fan from Wayfair. Had my name and address. I called Wayfair and reported it. I have never ordered anything from them. 
They were able to tell me the phone number used was in Ontario. 
They told me to keep it. It’s in the garage unopened…just in case. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That will be fun.   Are you going to use her voice for the video?   I think that would be best to actually hear the excitement in her voice😃

Not only that, but I have her mom's permission to have her actually appear in the video! Oddly enough my niece found a video editing app to use that allows you to add your own voice and is so much easier to use than the one I was using before, so all the videos since my first video include my voice for a little added touch. I'm still working on transitions, etc. for some of the finer points (I learned where they were before but they released an app update and I can't find them anymore).

I'm also going to add mixed media in there so you'll get some stills, some videos, some music, etc.

My niece is already a content creator like Auntie, so it was just a formality of asking for mom's permission. My whole family makes appearances in various videos (or will be), but with her being a minor, I wanted to ask for Mom's permission first. 

The thought was that cruisers with families might get more out of the videos if they actually heard from a kiddo in the Kid's Club.

Edited by broadwaybaby123
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Not only that, but I have her mom's permission to have her actually appear in the video! Oddly enough my niece found a video editing app to use that allows you to add your own voice and is so much easier to use than the one I was using before, so all the videos since my first video include my voice for a little added touch. I'm still working on transitions, etc. for some of the finer points (I learned where they were before but they released an app update and I can't find them anymore).

I'm also going to add mixed media in there so you'll get some stills, some videos, some music, etc.

My niece is already a content creator like Auntie, so it was just a formality of asking for mom's permission. 

Don’t know if you are an apple user, but their iMovie is easy to use.  You can easily do transitions, add video clips or stills, overlay a voice or audio track, and so much more.

The thing with music, is YouTube will often flag some videos if they have certain music tracks.  I posted a “Rock Britannia” street party video a few years ago from our sailing on Indy from Southampton.  YouTube flagged it as a possible DRM violation and blocked it.

Edited by h20skibum

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They should send Harmony to Galveston and leave Allure right where it is.

Do you think we can strong arm them into doing that? You know we are special. 🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I might have asked this before but...which TP?  We're on the Sept 30 Ovation from Vancouver.

We are on the Ovation out of Oahu on Oct 9th for 19 days and the b2b for 11 days New Zealand cruise. On our 2nd TP in 2018 we left from Seattle and really liked it.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4