Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, Ozark_Kid said:

You could make reservations at Sabors for the time she is supposed to perform.   You will not see it but would definitely hear the performance.   The noise from the Aquatheater was annoying when we ate dinner there but wouldn't be bad if it was music.

All the specialty including Sabor are invite only.   Good thought though. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Coralc said:

When I was a poll worker, if someone was unable to access the polling place, we would take their ballot out to the vehicle or curbside and stay in the vicinity while the ballot was completed. Then their representative would go in with us to observe or feed the ballot into the machine. 

I think you should have let someone know that assistance was required. I hope you have the opportunity to vote. 

California is all vote by mail (or in person) now. We complete our ballots at home and then just put them in an unmanned ballot box at a local community center. They are picked up and recorded daily. 

My wife went inside and nobody there seemed to realize that they could do this .This is the first year that I have been disabled to the degree that I am now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Interesting! I have never seen a police officer at a polling place. I don't think we have enough police to even do something like that, although I am sure it is not unusual in other places. 

I live in a relatively small town.We do not have a police force .If police assistance is required we call the county police.In the 19 years I have been living here we have never needed to call nor do I know anyone who ever had to call.

• Thanks 1

Day two of Bachelorhood. So far I have done the dishes, done laundry, repaired a cabinet drawer that has been stuck for months and pulled the fireplace insert out in an attempt to fix it.  The fireplace repair was a failure. It could not be repaired by me but I have ordered an exact replacement and installing it falls within my rage of skills.

IMG_0022.thumb.jpeg.2b7429ff3fa1434b9f593baebbdcf70e.jpeg

Yesterday I went to Costco. My purchases were Vodka, Potato chips, Ghirardelli chocolate squares, chocolate drizzled caramel popcorn and Haggen-Daz ice cream bars.

I ate half a meet pie for dinner.

Last night I watched Top Gun: Maverick. It is a definite two thumbs up.  👍👍 and then spent the rest of the night playing Call of duty.

This afternoon @4pm pst The Canucks take on the Senators.  

I think I'm going to survive Bachelorhood.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Yesterday I went to Costco. My purchases were Vodka, Potato chips, Ghirardelli chocolate squares, chocolate drizzled caramel popcorn and Haggen-Daz ice cream bars.

If you hadn't mentioned baching it, this shopping list would have given it away!  LOL

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

That's not surviving, that's thriving.  I bow down to your superior bachelor skills.  You do know that when she returns, you need to pretend like everything fell apart and that you're not sure how you actually did survive...correct?

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

31 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The most memorable moment of each wedding was the moment I spent with each daughter right before we headed down the isle.  If you want to catch an emotional moment of any good man, watch that moment. 

Thanks for this.  I've never heard that before.  I'll be ready.

• Like 4

I played golf this morning in the 25+ mph (aka 2+ club) wind that's hitting us before Tropical Storm Nicole.  Some of the gusts were strong enough to blow you over.  Watching what the wind would do to a golf ball was initially frustrating, but then just became funny.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That's not surviving, that's thriving.  I bow down to your superior bachelor skills.  You do know that when she returns, you need to pretend like everything fell apart and that you're not sure how you actually did survive...correct?

Oh absolutely, I have been texting her weird random things like asking where we keep the extra TP or complaining I can't find a frying pan.

Back to Call of duty for this afternoon until the hockey game starts.  I'll be working like a rented mule the rest of the week so this I want to take full advantage today.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Have one for me, also!  They sure are delicious, Greg, and a drink I always now order on my cruise!

That's great. The Kraken Colada is my first drink I always get when I get onto the ship. It's a ceremonial first drink to say It's time to cruise the open seas.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All the specialty including Sabor are invite only.   Good thought though. 

What do you have to do to make the invite list?

14 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Today would have been my daughter’s 14th anniversary.  A sad day for her.B8062E53-3E19-47A1-A28D-B80EE37B8DC2.thumb.jpeg.2c4261e2576f41cde90dd6819d0e3bd7.jpeg

Virtual hug going to you from me.!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I wonder if it is because I vote at a school that is in session.  I remember growing up, there were police details at our voting locations in a different town too because my Dad was a police officer and always worked a detail if he wasn't already on duty. 😄 

When I worked in our school, there were Police present while the kids were in school.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Day two of Bachelorhood. So far I have done the dishes, done laundry, repaired a cabinet drawer that has been stuck for months and pulled the fireplace insert out in an attempt to fix it.  The fireplace repair was a failure. It could not be repaired by me but I have ordered an exact replacement and installing it falls within my rage of skills.

IMG_0022.thumb.jpeg.2b7429ff3fa1434b9f593baebbdcf70e.jpeg

I ate half a meet pie for dinner.

Last night I watched Top Gun: Maverick. It is a definite two thumbs up.  👍👍 and then spent the rest of the night playing Call of duty.

This afternoon @4pm pst The Canucks take on the Senators.  

Well done, Dave!!  You are a true survivor!

• Like 2