Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Thank youthe main thing is she is not in pain and we are not wondering if she is.

She was so full of life right up to the end but the tumour was on her jaw and it was too much pressure on her eye and vet thought she may have seizures and like migraine headaches. That’s all we needed to hear. No way could I have her having seizure or migraines. Gut wrenching for us but a blessing to her. 

I’m so sorry for your loss. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

It was a documentary on Scandinavia called Wild North.  I always think nature shows are the best things to watch to appreciate a big screen; unfortunately DH thinks it’s football…😴

I confirm it is Football and Baseball that is awesome on the Bigger Screen. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Well I can’t say it will be any different in this house.   It’s hard to let them go though and I say d I never wanted to go through this again but man they give so much joy.  

I am sorry, I seem to have missed your original post.  My condolences on the passing of your dog.  They are not just pets, they are family and they give us unconditional love and the grief you feel when they pass is tough.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 4

Sunny Sunday & not a cloud in the sky today.   DH dropped me off at Dad’s and then headed to the beach.   He said the water is still a bit cool and it was a bit too breezy for his liking.  

Came home from dads with strawberries, spinach and cucumbers.  The green beans he planted last week are thriving.

47EC5154-7121-4679-8013-50E89E6775F9.thumb.jpeg.fa8fa55587e7d35a56c59d0e5747b47c.jpeg

• Like 13

4 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

Thank you so much. Yes it sucks big time for sure. We are heartbroken and a little lost right now. 

Aaah. It is so sad to lose your pet. They truly are members of the family. I am so, so sorry for your loss. Every time it happens, I don't wish to get another pet. But we probably will eventually. 

For right now, I am enjoying the outside pets. The squirrel and a skunk run around my feet, begging for walnuts. And this one large crow, starts at the railing, and hops on the opposite chair, asking for peanuts. They are very entertaining, and my enjoyment comes without vet bills.  

• Like 8

13 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I have an iPhone14 Pro. I’ll try to attach a photo from my library. 
And I have IOS17. 

IMG_5562.jpeg

Great Photo Mimi! Did you take that with your drone?😃☺️😃 <jk> I am glad that you have no problems with photos. 

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eva and Sparky will every so often look up and watch TV but Petey is our main watcher.   He also sits and stares in mirrors on a regular basis.    He loves to sit on my bureau stare in the mirror as he knocks stuff off - oh so fun😁

My cockatiel used to love Animal Planet, and we would leave it on for him when we were outside with the screen door open. He also liked the X files with the opening noises and Jungle Book. 

And then he started screaming one day when we were sitting outside. He was watching Crocodile Hunter. And the croc was pulling a screaming pig into the water and Polly was shrieking. And he wouldn't watch it anymore after that. He was a very quirky bird. 😏 He also didn't like scary photos on the newspapers on the bottom of his cage. Or Balloons. He hated balloons. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 5
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I am sorry, I seem to have missed your original post.  My condolences on the passing of your dog.  They are not just pets, they are family and they give us unconditional love and the grief you feel when they pass is tough.

Thank you. It’s so easy to miss posts on this thread😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

Aaah. It is so sad to lose your pet. They truly are members of the family. I am so, so sorry for your loss. Every time it happens, I don't wish to get another pet. But we probably will eventually. 

For right now, I am enjoying the outside pets. The squirrel and a skunk run around my feet, begging for walnuts. And this one large crow, starts at the railing, and hops on the opposite chair, asking for peanuts. They are very entertaining, and my enjoyment comes without vet bills.  

Thank you. I wish I could say I’m enjoying the outdoor pets but they are all in hiding now that it’s cold. The only outdoor pet there is around here is coyotes and they have been extra noisy the past few days. They scare the bajeebees out of me. I am very sad when the sounds tell me they got something. We use to have allot of deer in our yard but very rarely do I see one now🥲. I actually was successful last week shooing one away from chasing a deer and I was very proud of myself. I typically would run in the house but I have never seen a deer being chased down. I yelled out at the coyote twice and away he went real fast in the other direction. I may have saved a deer. Yaye!

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Thank you Greg.

I hope your knee is getting better each and all of your nurses are doing well. 

Thank you. I’m actually surprised how well my knee is doing. Not much swelling. I was off the pain opioids after 5 days. I can walk around the house without a walker. This knee is responding much better than my first knee replacement.

• Like 20

We must be doing something wrong.  Just saw a news piece that people spend an average of $61 to feed 10 at Thanksgiving.  Ok, that would mean we should spend about $85 to feed the 14 we expect.  

HaHa, maybe Royal can do that, but not us.  We are already between $250 and $300, and that doesn’t include what dishes others are bringing.  of course, we probably have many more “extras” they wouldn’t consider in their calculations. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you. I’m actually surprised how well my knee is doing. Not much swelling. I was off the pain opioids after 5 days. I can walk around the house without a walker. This knee is responding much better than my first knee replacement.

Great news, I remember your struggles with the first surgery.  

Before you know it will be out jogging. 😀

• Like 3

Just now, #55worktoplay said:

Great news, I remember your struggles with the first surgery.  

Before you know it will be out jogging. 😀

Thanks my motivation is for our April 1st Beyond sailing. We have an aft balcony so I will be doing a lot of walking.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That is good to hear Greg.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm pleased to hear how well your new knee is doing Greg 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

My cockatiel used to love Animal Planet, and we would leave it on for him when we were outside with the screen door open. He also liked the X files with the opening noises and Jungle Book. 

And then he started screaming one day when we were sitting outside. He was watching Crocodile Hunter. And the croc was pulling a screaming pig into the water and Polly was shrieking. And he wouldn't watch it anymore after that. He was a very quirky bird. 😏 He also didn't like scary photos on the newspapers on the bottom of his cage. Or Balloons. He hated balloons. 

Polly sure does sound like one smart bird.   I wouldn't like seeing the crocodile or scary photos🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1