Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Wow.  I just paid $7.50 for mine.  We just got an upright freezer and I am going to pick up a few more for later.  My husband likes to put one on the smoker.

Here in Canada we may get 6 slices of the fake turkey for 7.50. 😀

Edited by #55worktoplay
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Easy way not to miss any new posts.

When opening the Main Royal Caribbean Page,  roll down to Dani's thread, to the extreme left in the title of the thread there will be a symbol of a star , click on that star and  it will take you to the first NEW post in the thread just where you left off last time you were reading the thread.

The post above will be the last post you read, new one below. 

Start there and away you go, never miss a post.

Thanks I will try that.

• Like 1

I was raking leaves in the back yard this morning and had a nice thought. Everytime the wind blows a leaf gets its wings. Third time this week that I raked the back yard and still got 18 bags of leaves today. We only have 1 tree but it likes to keep throwing leaves everywhere.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I just went and looked at the prices at the farm that my sister buys the turkey from.  Their 18-20 lb turkeys go for $88.  The 20-22 lb ones go for $97 😱🦃

There was a restaurant in the little town where my daughter went to college.  It closed a couple years ago, and some new owners bought it and renovated with plans to open next month.  They were planning on it being a farm to table type restaurant, and there was just an article about them trying to figure out how to make that work in our area.  The article was talking about the local beef supplier providing meat for an upscale restaurant in NY where a meal is typically $400-$500.  They were also talking about their turkeys selling for between $5 and $6 a pound.  I will be interested to see if the new restaurant will make it work.

19 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

I was raking leaves in the back yard this morning and had a nice thought. Everytime the wind blows a leaf gets its wings. Third time this week that I raked the back yard and still got 18 bags of leaves today. We only have 1 tree but it likes to keep throwing leaves everywhere.

Susan and I did the leaves in our yard yesterday, and just finished doing our old neighbor’s yard today.   I think this will be the last time.  Even though we have a couple 95 gallon yard waste carts, we still end up with a lot of bags.  Right now, there are 33 more for them to pick up on Tuesday.  That makes about 150 bags this year, which is pretty typical for our house.   Needless to say, I have more than one tree.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Polly sure does sound like one smart bird.   I wouldn't like seeing the crocodile or scary photos🙂

He was. I never knew that such a small bird could have so much personality and intelligence. I think it was partly because we interacted with him all the time. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

Thank you. I wish I could say I’m enjoying the outdoor pets but they are all in hiding now that it’s cold. The only outdoor pet there is around here is coyotes and they have been extra noisy the past few days. They scare the bajeebees out of me. I am very sad when the sounds tell me they got something. We use to have allot of deer in our yard but very rarely do I see one now🥲. I actually was successful last week shooing one away from chasing a deer and I was very proud of myself. I typically would run in the house but I have never seen a deer being chased down. I yelled out at the coyote twice and away he went real fast in the other direction. I may have saved a deer. Yaye!

Coyotes are kind of difficult to appreciate, aren't they? Good for you saving the deer. ☺️ We have a ton of coyotes here. They seem to eat mostly stray or pet cats and goats. Probably take deer sometimes, too. And they make the most disturbing and deranged noises in packs at night.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, akcruz said:

Saks, looking away from the tree

20231116_125147.thumb.jpg.3d3af7f23216fdb16cb8f16f4292bf4d.jpg

That is really pretty building decor on Saks. Is it seasonal, or does it look like that all the time? Great photos! Thank you for sharing them We will have to get to NY sometime.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2023 at 11:11 AM, Jimbo said:

Do you have an Apple Store in your area, just go there they will help you out.

On 11/18/2023 at 11:05 AM, helen haywood said:

Guys, I appreciate all the advise.  I’m going to try @Ozark_Kid multi-step hieroglyphics …followed by trying to find out how to do a screenshot.  I found some YouTube videos…that said to simultaneously hold down the power and top volume keys…which results in my phone powering down.  

This reminds me of learning bridge when told in no-trump to first “pull your losers”. ?!?! 🤔

Do you have an iPhone?

if you do, go to Settings, scroll down to Accessibility, then to Touch. 
turn Touch on, and follow directions for Screenshots. 
it gives you a virtual button. 
some people find it irritating, because it’s hiding what they want to see. 
it’s movable. I just touch it and move it out of my way. 
it makes screenshots sooo easy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Do any of y’all remember my friend Ginny?

She tripped over her suitcase at age 98, wound up in the hospital with broken ribs and more. 
Tests showed masses throughout her body, and she stopped eating. She lost a 2nd daughter during that time and was depressed and ready to let go. 
That was 2 years ago.
She went to assisted living from the hospital, but wanted to go home. 
Finally her granddaughter had her moved  home to her 2 story condo.  
Her bed was moved downstairs, and set up a team of caregivers 24/7. 
We had hoped she would make it to 100, but knew there was no chance.  
She was born 100 years ago today. 

Here’s Ginny at her birthday party today!!!
Never give up!

IMG_5621.jpeg

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 34

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I just went and looked at the prices at the farm that my sister buys the turkey from.  Their 18-20 lb turkeys go for $88.  The 20-22 lb ones go for $97 😱🦃

The DD wanted to go out for Thanksgiving.  She doesn’t enjoy cooking or cleaning up although she’s a great baker.  Since it’s just the 4 of us and I didn’t want to do all the work, we agreed.  It’s cheaper then Chops at least, and at Perry’s steakhouse, so it should be good.  

DH and I are looking forward to spending Valentine’s Day on board in 2024 and had decided to go to Chops that night.  I looked to book ahead and Royal has increased the price that night to $79 pp.  So that’s a no and hoping we can still go to Giovanni’s or even Izumi with a BOGO.  TBD. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, akcruz said:

Problem is if you are away from the thread for a few days you fall way behind.  During those times I will just go to the last few pages, or skim a few to try to catch up.  Easy to miss posts that way.

We were away last week and did a lot of skimming pages to not fall too far behind.  Try to like things I see but rarely comment during trips.

I go to the newest page and work backwards till I run out of time. 
Why I do that, I don’t know!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Maryann. I know that the journey is still a long one but at least I know how much better I will feel in the end.

Greg, I’m so glad your second knee is doing so well. I kept encouraging you with the first time and felt kind of guilty because I was basing it on my experience. 
So apply my encouragement to the new knee so it looks like I’m an expert!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Just now, jagsfan said:

Greg, I’m so glad your second knee is doing so well. I kept encouraging you with the first time and felt kind of guilty because I was basing it on my experience. 
So apply my encouragement to the new knee so it looks like I’m an expert!

Every encouragement helps me so thank you. I may have another problem that was kinda going on pre surgery with my stomach issues. My groin area is swollen and aching. The only thing I can figure out is that I have swollen lymph node’s or a hernia. Going to try and get in to see my doctor next week. I really don’t need this added issue right now.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Holy c___p.  No way would I pay that much for a turkey.  I would have to go with "nothing leaner than a Thanksgiving weiner". Lol

• Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Every encouragement helps me so thank you. I may have another problem that was kinda going on pre surgery with my stomach issues. My groin area is swollen and aching. The only thing I can figure out is that I have swollen lymph node’s or a hernia. Going to try and get in to see my doctor next week. I really don’t need this added issue right now.

Definitely need to get it figured out.  Hope it will be an easy fix.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Holy c___p.  No way would I pay that much for a turkey.  I would have to go with "nothing leaner than a Thanksgiving weiner". Lol

I picked up my free Turkey from ShopRite today.  The store was so crowded and filled with some rude, nasty people.   We couldn’t wait to check out.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I picked up my free Turkey from ShopRite today.  The store was so crowded and filled with some rude, nasty people.   We couldn’t wait to check out.

Yippee for the free turkey but boo, hiss for the bad people.

• Like 2