Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

For a single trip it was $502 for both of us.

For a annual policy it was actually cheaper. It was $485 for both of us.

That included

$2,000 Trip Cancellation

$2,000 Trip Interruption

$50,000 Emergency Medical

$500,000 Ermgency Transportation

Thank you for sharing. 

In August a single one time for 2 of us was $290. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We had dinner at our downtown area last night and then went to the marina to look for the comet.  It was a little faint in the sky since there's some light pollution near us, but it was visible.  It shows up better in the photo that I took, which I'll need to upload later. 🤬

The marina was packed with yachts...several that would probably be considered super yachts.  I thought that was unusual, but I talked with a guy today who is a captain for a local boat.  He said that our marina is very busy this time of year with yachts headed south and staying here overnight or for a few days.  The 3 biggies were the 40-meter Onika, the 50m Aurora, and the 60m Bella Vita.  There were about a dozen other yachts in the 20m +/- range, several with people just hanging out on deck enjoying a cocktail.  Must be a nice life.

One of my poker buddies moved to Texas coast , he wanted someplace to dock his 60 ft yacht , unfortunately he rarely shows up for poker he was a successful businessman but a lousy poker player.

• Haha 3

Summary of today. 

Went to board of elections and voted. 

Drove to Bowling Green ( blowing green )

STORMS. 

HIGH WINDS. 

Glad I wasn’t in motor home. 

Forgot to eat. 😳

Got blurry eyed. 
Pulled over had some Gold fish. 
keep bag of ZZOEY Stuff in my car. 

All better. 

Arrived safe. 

😄

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, George C said:

One of my poker buddies moved to Texas coast , he wanted someplace to dock his 60 ft yacht , unfortunately he rarely shows up for poker he was a successful businessman but a lousy poker player.

Sounds like the best kind of person to play poker with.  😁

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What company did you use. Was it the Insurance Store?

Through our motor club 

They link up with 

Allianz (sp). 
Member for 50 years. ( me). 
Got a club discount to it. 
( they —- motor club—- gave me kick back for years of service). 

Allianz doesn’t. 
First time for us!!!!!

😄

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Through our motor club 

They link up with 

Allianz (sp). 
Member for 50 years. ( me). 
Got a club discount to it. 
( they —- motor club—- gave me kick back for years of service). 

Allianz doesn’t. 
First time for us!!!!!

😄

That's a great price

54 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Thank you for sharing. 

In August a single one time for 2 of us was $290. 

For single polices I expect to pay at our age about 8% of trip cost that I would not get back if I cancelled the day before or earlier. This includes medical and evacuation in amounts we’re comfortable with. 

I was quoted for15K coverage for the year (max cost of any one trip) for our age about $1600 for an annual policy for 2 people. I spent over the past year $1800 on individual policies. Since it feels like the individual policies cover just a bit more we’ve decided to keep buying the individual policies but I will re-evaluate at least once a year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

Just for you.  Take a look at the big red bar on the main Royal Cruise Critic page.

tried to post a screenshot...nope

Glad they added that to it. I have emailing Laura off and on. She said they were sending the fix out to run at 2am.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Glad they added that to it. I have emailing Laura off and on. She said they were sending the fix out to run at 2am.

On the help section of the boards, it says the site will be down, starting between 2 and 3 am, and will last for at least three hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Sea Dog Jumping in here as I don’t want you to be annoyed with the CC glitch. You and Linda are starting on a lovely vacation soon.

Focus on enjoying the cruise and visiting Tikki bar hotspots in California.

Understandable that you may have wanted to start your live review, but it may not be possible. Plan B may be to do a review once you return home.

Several posters who have been posting for years do it that way, and their reviews are interesting to read, for sure.

In particular, I am thinking of @Bimmer09 Norris, who posts on the Princess and Celebrity boards.

and @Jamman54 Jeff, who posts on the Carnival boards. 

Also @shadowmeboy posts on NCL boards. All of them include a great number of photos and some videos in their reviews.

I have read that they all choose to do post cruise reviews as that allows them time to compose their postings without taking time away from their cruise vacation.

So, if you can’t get to do a live review, there are precedents that show that post cruise reviews are just fine.

Wishing you and Linda safe travel to California and a Bon Voyage !

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

@Sea Dog Jumping in here as I don’t want you to be annoyed with the CC glitch. You and Linda are starting on a lovely vacation soon.

Focus on enjoying the cruise and visiting Tikki bar hotspots in California.

Understandable that you may have wanted to start your live review, but it may not be possible. Plan B may be to do a review once you return home.

Several posters who have been posting for years do it that way, and their reviews are interesting to read, for sure.

In particular, I am thinking of @Bimmer09 Norris, who posts on the Princess and Celebrity boards.

and @Jamman54 Jeff, who posts on the Carnival boards. 

Also @shadowmeboy posts on NCL boards. All of them include a great number of photos and some videos in their reviews.

I have read that they all choose to do post cruise reviews as that allows them time to compose their postings without taking time away from their cruise vacation.

So, if you can’t get to do a live review, there are precedents that show that post cruise reviews are just fine.

Wishing you and Linda safe travel to California and a Bon Voyage !

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️ 

Thanks go the kind words. I am not going to worry about it. It will all work out. I’m just a real visual person and like for my reviews to not only be a good read but a good visual representation too.

Right now I’m just disappointed in that my arrival time has been delayed by a hour and half because of the required Coast Guard inspection. Even though the email says the terminal will be closed and to not arrive until 12:00pm we are going to still go early in hopes that Upper tier, suites and the Key will be allowed in to sit. We have had experience with a Coast Guard inspection before and were allowed to sit in the terminal so I’m not sure why they would close the terminal in this case. We will deal with it as it is what it is and it’s required. Fingers crossed we can get in early.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Right now I’m just disappointed in that my arrival time has been delayed by a hour and half because of the required Coast Guard inspection. Even though the email says the terminal will be closed and to not arrive until 12:00pm we are going to still go early in hopes that Upper tier, suites and the Key will be allowed in to sit. 

Hopefully! Just be aware that the seating area in the San Pedro terminal is very small. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks go the kind words. I am not going to worry about it. It will all work out. I’m just a real visual person and like for my reviews to not only be a good read but a good visual representation too.

Right now I’m just disappointed in that my arrival time has been delayed by a hour and half because of the required Coast Guard inspection. Even though the email says the terminal will be closed and to not arrive until 12:00pm we are going to still go early in hopes that Upper tier, suites and the Key will be allowed in to sit. We have had experience with a Coast Guard inspection before and were allowed to sit in the terminal so I’m not sure why they would close the terminal in this case. We will deal with it as it is what it is and it’s required. Fingers crossed we can get in early.

8 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Hopefully! Just be aware that the seating area in the San Pedro terminal is very small. 

I agree. We stayed at that location years ago. I would hang out at the hotel and board in comfort at an appropriate time but then we have never seen the necessity to be first on board. I guess we like a more relaxed start to our vacation.

incidentally we did a great walking tour of film locations from there documented by a poster on CC many years ago.

It has been many years since we were there. Do they still have the train and fountains by the port? We used to really like the itineraries from there.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Good to know this will be our first time .

19 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

@Sea Dog  Have a great travel day tomorrow and don't sweat the small stuff!  

True, very true. We will have a great day.

26 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I agree. We stayed at that location years ago. I would hang out at the hotel and board in comfort at an appropriate time but then we have never seen the necessity to be first on board. I guess we like a more relaxed start to our vacation.

incidentally we did a great walking tour of film locations from there documented by a poster on CC many years ago.

It has been many years since we were there. Do they still have the train and fountains by the port? We used to really like the itineraries from there.

I only like to get on board as early as I can just to make my specialty dining restaurant reservations. This will be a brand new experience leaving from the west coast and our first time staying in the San Pedro area.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I only like to get on board as early as I can just to make my specialty dining restaurant reservations. This will be a brand new experience leaving from the west coast and our first time staying in the San Pedro area

Well I can see that seems to be a problem on the bigger ships. We aren’t big on specialty and tend to book the next week while on B2B.

True story, many, many years ago we did our first B2B from San Pedro before we had any idea about consecutive cruises, or luncheons - before the 90 minute deadline for embarkation. We got off to spend the day with relatives and got stuck in traffic returning to the port and were cutting it close for all aboard. The terminal was almost empty when we went to check-in and we had the fastest check-in ever. Not sure I would want to risk that today!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

got off to spend the day with relatives and got stuck in traffic returning to the port and were cutting it close for all aboard. The terminal was almost empty when we went to check-in and we had the fastest check-in ever. Not sure I would want to risk that today

Yeah that would be stressful for sure.

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

For a single trip it was $502 for both of us.

For a annual policy it was actually cheaper. It was $485 for both of us.

That included

$2,000 Trip Cancellation

$2,000 Trip Interruption

$50,000 Emergency Medical

$500,000 Ermgency Transportation

@Sea Dog wow!  That is a great price.  Where may I ask were you able to purchase from?

• Like 1