Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

43 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Last night we had a nice dinner at the Spray Beach Inn with live music at their outdoor beach bar/restaurant which was wonderful food.    We have gone here for 25+ years and always enjoy the atmosphere and the food.   It's right down the block from our shore house so easy to walk and not worry about driving home after drinking. 

After Happy Hour and Dinner, we went to Surfflight Theater for comedy night with my Brother and his wife.    They had 2 comedians that do shows on cruise ships (Royal and Norwegian were both mentioned).      I never heard of them, but maybe someone on here has:

Billy Garan and Joe Bronzi

Non Stop laughter for 2+ hours.     

It is so great to be out and enjoying life again!

I remember Billy Garan but not Joe Bronzi from the Comedy Clubs on Royal.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is 70°F and sunny.

We have been to church this morning and called at Wynyard gardens for lunch.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

IMG_20210613_115823.jpg

IMG_20210613_115846.jpg

Always beautiful pictures!!! You are dispelling the notion that it is always rainy and foggy in the UK.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jagsfan said:

That’s way down in South Ponte Vedra. The part where we walked over the dunes as kids to the beach is now multimillion dollar homes hidden from view. 
You have to get to the Guana Lake Preserve area to be able to park and walk on the beach. There are beach access points sprinkled all the way down, but when you get closer to Ponte Vedra they’re all but invisible, and with extremely limited parking. 
Right now we’re in Crescent Beach south of St Augustine, and there are a couple of beach access points that allow cars. We’re house sitting for our DD and SIL and enjoying their panoramic view of the ocean. The beachfront is built up all the way from St Augustine Beach down. 
I envy the people who can still drive along and see the ocean. It’s few and far between here. 

804D3CA0-261F-4349-A71B-8ED8D84177EA.jpeg

I know Crescent Beach well.  When it was really just a sparsely populated area with small homes.  Wow have things changed.  Always loved that area, and used to meet Bucky there when we were seeing each other.  We called it "the place" as our meet up place.  🙂 

Remember the old draw bridge and the store "Pomars"?  

14 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

"We try harder" -- since "we" don't discuss "popular" items like tipping, bananas near mayo, dress code in MDR, etc. 😁

Near the Mayo?   I thought they were near the ketchup.  😄 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We once spent many hours in the Perot Museum of Nature and Science in

Dallas.  To say it was awesome would be an understatement.  We took our grandson and he said it was the best day of his vacation. We were sad leaving and it will be top on our list when he visits again. 

And BTW, we were in Costco today.  Fully vaxxed folks can shop without masks.  I would say more than 50% wore masks.  It was the first time for us in a store without having to wear masks except for restaurants.  It was liberating and felt like there really is a light at the end of a dark long tunnel.

There are hardly any mask wearers up here in Maine.   Finally got over the odd feeling to walk into a store without one.  Maybe 20% in the stores still with masks...but those might be the Unvaxx types.  

No one wearing them outside.  180 degree difference from our trip to CA!  😮 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Wow! I’ve lived in Florida since I was 3 months old and never heard about Blowing Rocks!

There are outcropping of rocks all over the beach at Washington Oaks State Park in Flagler County, but nothing like this! I’m amazed!

Indeed those Coquina rock toe stubbers  are prevalent from St. Augustine to Flagler Beach.  😮  But not quite as large as these when we were near Medocino CA.  😉 

20210512_132230.jpg

Edited by island lady

16 hours ago, Cracker55 said:

I’m pretty sure, after reading multiple pages, our activities today are welcome here. 

Today was my granddaughters dance recital. It was held in the local high school auditorium. I’d note, the auditorium was packed with family and friends. Glad we had our tickets ahead of time. 

Here are some pictures of my granddaughter and family. She actually won an award for best tap in her age group. 

EF69577A-FF58-488D-B91B-59333F0AE147.jpeg

076E6FC4-F688-4566-89D2-C7A0968048FD.jpeg

A520F400-D460-4AB0-8B67-AC9D636E95F0.jpeg

Great pictures and congratulations to your grand-daughter on her award.  Brings back a lot of memories.  Both of my daughters did the same thing at about the same age.  One really enjoyed dancing and did competitive team dance through high school and was then on the University of Kentucky dance team for 2 years before finally deciding that she'd had enough. Or so she thought...she's now coaching in her spare time at her old dance studio.  The lessons that she learned will serve her well for her entire life...teamwork, the value of hard work and practice, self-confidence, how to handle both winning and losing, dealing with various personality types, etc.  Parents who's kids have played competitive sports will I'm sure recognize this.

My daughter now 23, back in 2007 at 9 years old, also after recital in the high school auditorium (some things never change 😄)

P1010031.thumb.JPG.e5c59843bbe9af252a39e6a1ecc281d3.JPG

• Like 12

Moving day 2 did not start out well.  We decided to tackle moving a sofa bed out of our basement first thing, to get it out of the way.  I zip tied the bed frame to keep it from popping open while carrying it up the stairs but the zip ties broke and the bed sort of half opened in the middle of the door frame.  Took us about 45 minutes to figure out how to get it out (Pivot, PIVOT!).  After that though, it was pretty much lift, carry, set down, repeat for a few hours.  DD26's prized possessions are now in a storage unit until she moves into her hew apartment in July.  

It was about 90 degrees out when we were doing this yesterday.  When we were done, we were seriously parched.  There is a root beer stand near the U-Haul place so after returning the truck, we treated ourselves to root beer floats.  I can't remember the last time I had a root beer float but wow, it was one of best thirst quenching drinks I've had in a long time.

• Like 11

So after we ate dinner last night, our friends inviting us down to their house for a drink.  They patiently listened to our moving day stories and then told us that they had an interesting story of their own.  Allegiant just announced a direct flight from Cincinnati to Key West.  Our friends have had 6 different trips cancelled in the last year due to Covid and family health issues.  The decided on Friday that they would take the initial Allegiant flight to Key West on Saturday and return home on Wednesday.  They were sitting on the plane, masks on, and safety briefing completed when the plane went dark.  Lost power.  They fixed it after a few minutes but then lost power again.  Eventually, they told everyone to get off the plane but wait by the gate.  You guessed it...a few minutes later they cancelled the flight.  

Our friends just laughed it off and decided that they are not meant to leave the Cincinnati area.  Allegiant refunded the flight and their hotel cancelled with no problems, so it wasn't a big problem for them but many people were seriously inconvenienced and were not pleased.  Turns out that cicadas has swarmed a processor that controls the power system such that it overheated.  After shutting down twice, they couldn't get it to stay on long enough to allow the plane to fly.  Cicadas actually took down an Allegiant jet!!

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Moving day 2 did not start out well.  We decided to tackle moving a sofa bed out of our basement first thing, to get it out of the way.  I zip tied the bed frame to keep it from popping open while carrying it up the stairs but the zip ties broke and the bed sort of half opened in the middle of the door frame.  Took us about 45 minutes to figure out how to get it out (Pivot, PIVOT!).  After that though, it was pretty much lift, carry, set down, repeat for a few hours.  DD26's prized possessions are now in a storage unit until she moves into her hew apartment in July.  

It was about 90 degrees out when we were doing this yesterday.  When we were done, we were seriously parched.  There is a root beer stand near the U-Haul place so after returning the truck, we treated ourselves to root beer floats.  I can't remember the last time I had a root beer float but wow, it was one of best thirst quenching drinks I've had in a long time.

I loved the A&W stands - haven't seen one in many, many years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruise wizard said:

I loved the A&W stands - haven't seen one in many, many years.

When I was a kid that was the only fast food place we went and it was to get a root beer float.  I never had McDonalds etc. food until I was on my own.  I sure loved those floats.  That and if we went to the duck pond on Sunday to feed the ducks we stopped by a dairy that had a drive thru for a malt.  My father loved ice cream so that is something we would stop for.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Allegiant just announced a direct flight from Cincinnati to Key West.  .  The decided on Friday that they would take the initial Allegiant flight to Key West on Saturday and return home on Wednesday.    Eventually, they told everyone to get off the plane but wait by the gate.  You guessed it...a few minutes later they cancelled the flight.  

Our home town Airport (Youngstown/Warren regional airport), used to have two flights to Sanford airport near Orlando each week on Allegiant and then returning two flights, cannot remember the days.

The local news got tired of reporting all the delays and cancellations for whatever reason, from Mechanical to bad weather.

In fact once the plane went to Toledo by mistake on a return flight.

They bused the passengers back to Y-town after a few hour delay.

We always go to the big city, Cleveland or Pittsburgh when flying.

The only time I ever flew out of Y-town was in 1968 when United took me to California to go to Disneyland.

Never since.

Something about an airline  that opens a liter of soda to give a glass to the passengers just kinda turns me off.  

I also heard that everything you carry on is extra.

Stay healthy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Keksie said:

When I was a kid that was the only fast food place we went and it was to get a root beer float.  I never had McDonalds etc. food until I was on my own.  I sure loved those floats.  That and if we went to the duck pond on Sunday to feed the ducks we stopped by a dairy that had a drive thru for a malt.  My father loved ice cream so that is something we would stop for.  

My wife loved the Diet A&W root beer but that was recently dropped and a new Zero Sugar as the substitute...........she tried one can and that was it - I tried one and had to agree. There goes our homemade root beer floats!!!! We can't find any brand diet root beer in any store near us (grocery stores, Walmart, Target, BJ's)..........did find a store brand and it was awful too. Looked for Dad's, Ma's, Barq's, Stewarts and Hires - no luck here.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is 70°F and sunny.

We have been to church this morning and called at Wynyard gardens for lunch.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

IMG_20210613_115823.jpg

IMG_20210613_115846.jpg

Pauline is always so elegant, and it looks so effortless. Lovely lady. 
You’re not so bad yourself! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I know Crescent Beach well.  When it was really just a sparsely populated area with small homes.  Wow have things changed.  Always loved that area, and used to meet Bucky there when we were seeing each other.  We called it "the place" as our meet up place.  🙂 

Remember the old draw bridge and the store "Pomars"?  

Yes. The new bridge is still a drawbridge. Lots more traffic backed up when it opens. 
Everything is built up all the way up to St Augustine and down to Flagler County. 
Our DD’s house is on a two block long street fronting the ocean and off A1A, so quiet and mostly just residents on the beach. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

So Mean Mary and I are gonna miss you?

Unless:

*You are on Equinox 8/15, Edge 10/9, Anthem 11/21, Anthem1/9 😁
*I exercise some brain washing powers
*I declare the kitchen closed till cruise booked

or some miracle happens and we book that one as well!😁😁

31 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

My wife loved the Diet A&W root beer but that was recently dropped and a new Zero Sugar as the substitute...........she tried one can and that was it - I tried one and had to agree. There goes our homemade root beer floats!!!! We can't find any brand diet root beer in any store near us (grocery stores, Walmart, Target, BJ's)..........did find a store brand and it was awful too. Looked for Dad's, Ma's, Barq's, Stewarts and Hires - no luck here.

I buy the bottles of Diet A&W and now Zero Sugar. I honestly haven’t noticed a difference. Try the two liter bottle, it might taste better to you than the canned. 
My A&W disappointment occurred when we passed an A&W on vacation in Sevierville, Tn. I missed their corn dogs for years, and was so excited to see an actual A&W drive in. Looked at the drive through menu…no corn dog. Ordered a float, and asked at the window about corn dogs. The girl never heard of a corn dog!

The root beer float was everything I remembered it to be. 

9 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Unless:

*You are on Equinox 8/15, Edge 10/9, Anthem 11/21, Anthem1/9 😁
*I exercise some brain washing powers
*I declare the kitchen closed till cruise booked

or some miracle happens and we book that one as well!😁😁

We will be on different ships passing in the night. We will wave!!!!

8/15 on Allure

10/11 on Brilliance

11/21 on Oasis

1/9 on Odyssey