Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, island lady said:

There are hardly any mask wearers up here in Maine.   Finally got over the odd feeling to walk into a store without one.  Maybe 20% in the stores still with masks...but those might be the Unvaxx types.  

No one wearing them outside.  180 degree difference from our trip to CA!  😮 

Very few wear masks outdoors.  I was surprised that I still see so many masks indoors. Yes, probably unvaxxed folks. As soon as our 13 yr old NJ grandson is double vaxxed, we are going to swoop down and bring him back to TX for 2 weeks to enjoy some much missed grandparents in person spoiling.😍

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

When I was a kid that was the only fast food place we went and it was to get a root beer float.  I never had McDonalds etc. food until I was on my own.  I sure loved those floats.  That and if we went to the duck pond on Sunday to feed the ducks we stopped by a dairy that had a drive thru for a malt.  My father loved ice cream so that is something we would stop for.  

For ice cream, we had Hymie (yes that really was his name) pushing a 3 wheel Good Humor hand truck (think wheelbarrow) all over our neighborhood.  No ice cream bar/pop ever tasted as good as the ones that came out of that wagon. First time I ever heard and saw an ice cream truck where I lived was years later after I was married. Wasn't as good as Hymie's!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

For ice cream, we had Hymie (yes that really was his name) pushing a 3 wheel Good Humor hand truck (think wheelbarrow) all over our neighborhood.  No ice cream bar/pop ever tasted as good as the ones that came out of that wagon. First time I ever heard and saw an ice cream truck where I lived was years later after I was married. Wasn't as good as Hymie's!

We had Good Humor trucks - hear the bells ringing and off to ask Mom for some $ to buy a cream sickle!!!! Pavlov was right - we do get conditioned!!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

My wife loved the Diet A&W root beer but that was recently dropped and a new Zero Sugar as the substitute...........she tried one can and that was it - I tried one and had to agree. There goes our homemade root beer floats!!!! We can't find any brand diet root beer in any store near us (grocery stores, Walmart, Target, BJ's)..........did find a store brand and it was awful too. Looked for Dad's, Ma's, Barq's, Stewarts and Hires - no luck here.

I always wondered what the difference was between coke zero and diet coke.  My friend google lists the following:

The most important difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero Sugar is the taste. Coke Zero is meant to taste like regular Coke, while Diet Coke has its own distinctive flavor. ... While their ingredient lists are basically identical, Diet Coke contains citric acid, while Coke Zero is made with sodium citrate

I also found out that Coke Zero has a small amount less sodium than Diet Coke.

I personally think the beverage companies wanted to have a diet product on the market without the word "diet" in it.

28 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I always wondered what the difference was between coke zero and diet coke.  My friend google lists the following:

The most important difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero Sugar is the taste. Coke Zero is meant to taste like regular Coke, while Diet Coke has its own distinctive flavor. ... While their ingredient lists are basically identical, Diet Coke contains citric acid, while Coke Zero is made with sodium citrate

I also found out that Coke Zero has a small amount less sodium than Diet Coke.

I personally think the beverage companies wanted to have a diet product on the market without the word "diet" in it.

I can believe that and NO SUGAR are the new beverage buzz words.

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I gave up drinking soda several years ago.  Too much sugar and sodium.  That's probably why the root beer float tasted so good.  Now if only I could do the same with beer. 😄

Don't try the Budweiser float...............doesn't mix well with vanilla ice cream!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

We had Good Humor trucks - hear the bells ringing and off to ask Mom for some $ to buy a cream sickle!!!! Pavlov was right - we do get conditioned!!!!

For me it was the chocolate cake ice cream bar. 

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

We will be on different ships passing in the night. We will wave!!!!

8/15 on Allure

10/11 on Brilliance

11/21 on Oasis

1/9 on Odyssey

Yes we will!😁

Will remember to pack my noise maker in case I see a ship in the night!😁Perhaps the Captains will have a horn blowing contest to join my noise maker (or drown it 😛)

• Like 1

Today is a busy busy day on this hot humid Sunday. Yup. Good spouse . Yup me. 

Using a rented log splitter, we started on all the trees that were cut down to replenish our wood pile. 
Yup. 
Trees cut down to make room for new garage. 

Yup no better time than now with the cost of wood being outrageously high. Sure let’s build a garage. Have too. Need room for cars truck lawn mower stuff. 

High ho high ho it’s off to work I go. 

Sea ya 

7A4E0CCF-1CD0-4FCF-9ED5-4677CF9303A3.jpeg

ACF0024A-63C2-47D1-BB9E-42D04AB696F5.jpeg

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Today is a busy busy day on this hot humid Sunday. Yup. Good spouse . Yup me. 

Using a rented log splitter, we started on all the trees that were cut down to replenish our wood pile. 
Yup. 
Trees cut down to make room for new garage. 

Yup no better time than now with the cost of wood being outrageously high. Sure let’s build a garage. Have too. Need room for cars truck lawn mower stuff. 

Sea ya 

7A4E0CCF-1CD0-4FCF-9ED5-4677CF9303A3.jpeg

ACF0024A-63C2-47D1-BB9E-42D04AB696F5.jpeg

You need to get a portable sawmill..............make studs etc.

9 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I don't why but this popped into my head.

"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I grew up in Brooklyn before the creamsicle .The Good Humor highlight was a Sundae in a cup or a Dixie cup of vanilla or chocolate ice cream with a cowboy actors picture on the lid.

4 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

My wife loved the Diet A&W root beer but that was recently dropped and a new Zero Sugar as the substitute...........she tried one can and that was it - I tried one and had to agree. There goes our homemade root beer floats!!!! We can't find any brand diet root beer in any store near us (grocery stores, Walmart, Target, BJ's)..........did find a store brand and it was awful too. Looked for Dad's, Ma's, Barq's, Stewarts and Hires - no luck here.

I may be the only person havre to have tasted a diet beverage.

Root Beer is the only beer that I drink and at most once a year.

I stopped drinking soda and juice in 2004.

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Very few wear masks outdoors.  I was surprised that I still see so many masks indoors. Yes, probably unvaxxed folks. As soon as our 13 yr old NJ grandson is double vaxxed, we are going to swoop down and bring him back to TX for 2 weeks to enjoy some much missed grandparents in person spoiling.😍

I have to wear a mask in my house if somebody comes in even if they have been vaccinated .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George C said:

My friend who owns a Italian restaurant occasionally makes root beer floats with homemade root beer gelato with a root beer beer , it is sinful.

One of my friends from HS invented,if that is the right word ,Genuto ,an all natural Gelato.It is avaiailable only in California at present.

So I haven’t posted much but have been trying to keep up.  Bit of family drama here.  Youngest DD (28) has Ben dating a guy for about 2 years. He’s a real %#* - you can replace that with any word, pretty much any/all would apply to him. They’ve been on & off due to his antics but in January she broke it off and they’ve stayed apart.  Last Sunday she told us all she’s been seeing him again. DH & I are just heartsick that she can’t see his bs.  She’s beautiful, smart, has a great job, bought her own house 6 mos after graduating from college and so on. 
We all know it’s her choice, she’s a grown woman. Just very, very frustrating as there’s not much we can do.  
On a happier note, DH & I went to a Red Sox game last Wednesday - kids bought him tix for his birthday. We had a great night. And they were advertising the Billy Joel concert we have tix to in August so looks like it will be a go.  

• Like 9

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is 70°F and sunny.

We have been to church this morning and called at Wynyard gardens for lunch.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

IMG_20210613_115823.jpg

IMG_20210613_115846.jpg

We called at a garden centre and bought some plants and when we got home Pauline put them in the garden and then we watered the gardens.

We went in the house for dinner and when I looked out of the porch windows a baby rabbit popped out of the conifers 

IMG_20210613_190901.jpg

• Like 14