Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We still have to wear masks in the hospital when in areas where we might come into contact with patients or visitors. The doctors' lounge and cafeteria are becoming my two favorite places.😉

My daughter is thrilled that she doesn't have to wear her eye shield except during surgery. Masks still required.

Holy post count, batman, this thread just past 20,000 replies.

Great thread dani!

I'm writing two economics exams for the students today. Will they be hard or will they be easy? 🤔

On one hand, I just got a new set of pics of the new granddaughter ... so maybe easy.

On the other hand, I did shoot a gazillion over par on the golf course yesterday ... so maybe hard. 

Hmmmm??? 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, George C said:

Wow, 20,000 posts on this thread , very cool, I am now trying to move my July 3 cruise from summit to edge. 

We "moved" our SXM Summit cruise too. To 7/17 Edge.

I was starting to feel uneasy about a lot of things and feeling that way was not worth it. So I called to ask a few more questions. They had no idea, which I understand, since things keep changing every hour. OK. So the only option for us was a CWC since we choose not to go. Fine. Initiated that. Booked the Edge.

Could have used the credit from CWC to book, but was informed that the CWC credit takes at least 35 to 45 days to process.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Neil wrote the song about his wife at the time,Her name was Marsha .He could not think of a rhyme with Marsha so he changed it to Caroline.Neil went to high school with my wife’s sister.

Lenny, you and yours are very well connected!☺️

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

When we lived in NY, we visited the Amish farms in PA quite a few times.  Wonderful fresh produce at local farm stands.  Beautiful countryside and yes those buggies move slow.

And the roads are well fertilized.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 8:06 AM, bobmacliberty said:

So after we ate dinner last night, our friends inviting us down to their house for a drink.  They patiently listened to our moving day stories and then told us that they had an interesting story of their own.  Allegiant just announced a direct flight from Cincinnati to Key West.  Our friends have had 6 different trips cancelled in the last year due to Covid and family health issues.  The decided on Friday that they would take the initial Allegiant flight to Key West on Saturday and return home on Wednesday.  They were sitting on the plane, masks on, and safety briefing completed when the plane went dark.  Lost power.  They fixed it after a few minutes but then lost power again.  Eventually, they told everyone to get off the plane but wait by the gate.  You guessed it...a few minutes later they cancelled the flight.  

Our friends just laughed it off and decided that they are not meant to leave the Cincinnati area.  Allegiant refunded the flight and their hotel cancelled with no problems, so it wasn't a big problem for them but many people were seriously inconvenienced and were not pleased.  Turns out that cicadas has swarmed a processor that controls the power system such that it overheated.  After shutting down twice, they couldn't get it to stay on long enough to allow the plane to fly.  Cicadas actually took down an Allegiant jet!!

We have Allegiant here, and they are inexpensive, but if your flight gets cancelled so does your trip.  

Since most of their flights are only every 2 or 3 days a part.

16 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

They are NOT by the ketchup or mayo. Last year I went running over to that area to get one for my cereal. Not there. They were by the bowls of cut fruit. I have a pic somewhere...

LOL!!  Gosh I miss cruising...even those silly threads that brought up the ketchup/banana controversy.  😄 😄 

On 6/13/2021 at 8:55 AM, bobmacliberty said:

Moving day 2 did not start out well.  We decided to tackle moving a sofa bed out of our basement first thing, to get it out of the way.  I zip tied the bed frame to keep it from popping open while carrying it up the stairs but the zip ties broke and the bed sort of half opened in the middle of the door frame.  Took us about 45 minutes to figure out how to get it out (Pivot, PIVOT!).  After that though, it was pretty much lift, carry, set down, repeat for a few hours.  DD26's prized possessions are now in a storage unit until she moves into her hew apartment in July.  

It was about 90 degrees out when we were doing this yesterday.  When we were done, we were seriously parched.  There is a root beer stand near the U-Haul place so after returning the truck, we treated ourselves to root beer floats.  I can't remember the last time I had a root beer float but wow, it was one of best thirst quenching drinks I've had in a long time.

Yikes no fun.  Moving yourself is definitely not at the top of my enjoyment list...but each time, we have done it ourselves, just like you without hiring a moving company.   I think we like self punishment.  😮 

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I don't why but this popped into my head.

"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood"?

OMG....I memorized that after my Dad used to tease me with the phrase when I was a child.  Can still do it without tripping on my lips.  😄  

And to finish:

He'd chuck enough wood that a Woodchuck could IF a Woodchuck could chuck wood!!   🤣

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

We have Allegiant here, and they are inexpensive, but if your flight gets cancelled so does your trip.  

Since most of their flights are only every 2 or 3 days a part.

I don't think a lot of people on their flight realized this.  They might be used to Delta/American/United working together for rebooking.  As you said, not so with Allegiant. I've only flown Allegiant a couple of times but did so both times knowing that if there was a problem with our flight, we were headed back home.  Our friends said that several people were scrambling trying to find that day flights to Miami or Fort Lauderdale or even Orlando, rent a car, and drive to Key West.  One group was part of a large family reunion.  Another had a sail boat rented to several days.  Not a great way to start a vacation.

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I see many of you are also following the AOS trip report by BirdTravels.  Just waiting for someone to ask about shorts in the MDR. 

Normally, I don't follow live cruise review threads. Mainly because I have the attention span of a small child. I need my cruise reviews neatly summarized into 4-6 paragraphs, preferable organized by subject matter (restaurants, port excursions, activities, etc).

Having said that, BirdTravels is doing a excellent job of providing a synopsis of his days with the right amount of detail and fantastic photos. I've actually started from the beginning several times. It brings out mixed emotions in me, both hopeful and bittersweet.

And I think MDR attire has been addressed, on formal night no less.  I would say tipping - and the need to tip extra to make up for lost time - would be a topic but the moderators seem to be keeping a close eye on the thread and are quick with the delete button. They are determined to keep it on-topic...as they should.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 5

Settled into our 2nd of 5 rental homes yesterday.  Enjoyed a nice picnic lunch at the northern part of Acadia National park, then were delighted at the little seaside cottage we will call home for the next two weeks.  Older, small, typical Maine seaside cottage.  Simple and plain, no frills.  But oh that view!!

This "cabin" has a huge balcony...just right for happy hour!  😄  

20210613_134509.jpg

20210613_162601.jpg

20210613_162508.jpg

20210613_162940.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yikes no fun.  Moving yourself is definitely not at the top of my enjoyment list...but each time, we have done it ourselves, just like you without hiring a moving company.   I think we like self punishment.  😮 

Oh I'm not completely crazy.  These were supposed to be "small" moves of a few things to an apartment a couple of miles away for my daughters.  I underestimated the number of things and the weight of some of the bigger stuff.  Our "main" move from Ohio to Florida will be using Allied.  My involvement will be pointing at things for the movers to pick up. 

BTW...Shoulder Dolly Moving Straps work very well for heavy lifting.  Surprisingly easy.  They're just not helpful twisting and turning up/down stairs.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Oh I'm not completely crazy.  These were supposed to be "small" moves of a few things to an apartment a couple of miles away for my daughters.  I underestimated the number of things and the weight of some of the bigger stuff.  Our "main" move from Ohio to Florida will be using Allied.  My involvement will be pointing at things for the movers to pick up. 

BTW...Shoulder Dolly Moving Straps work very well for heavy lifting.  Surprisingly easy.  They're just not helpful twisting and turning up/down stairs.

When  we moved from CT to here we also Used Allied, but the company I worked for had deal  with them, the per mile cost was 1/3 of what they normally charge. The company does a lot of moving of employees around, so Allied doesn't mind. 

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Normally, I don't follow live cruise review threads. Mainly because I have the attention span of a small child. I need my cruise reviews neatly summarized into 4-6 paragraphs, preferable organized by subject matter (restaurants, port excursions, activities, etc).

Having said that, BirdTravels is doing a excellent job of providing a synopsis of his days with the right amount of detail and fantastic photos. I've actually started from the beginning several times. It brings out mixed emotions in me, both hopeful and bittersweet.

And I think MDR attire has been addressed, on formal night no less.  I would say tipping - and the need to tip extra to make up for lost time - would be a topic but the moderators seem to be keeping a close eye on the thread and are quick with the delete button. They are determined to keep it on-topic...as they should.

How is your dear wife?.

I hope your wife is recovering as I hadn't heard from you.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Yup, been there done that...many times.  😉   At least you will have help (and less backaches! 😮 ) for your next big move.  🙂 

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

You're not kidding.  Wow!

LOL...the deck is almost as big as the house!  😉  But that is a good thing...it's where we will spend most of our time.   Bucky already spending most of the day out there "Dreaming of my days on the ocean" type of blank stare. He is loving it and I am getting a lot of "atta girls" for this one.  🥰  I am the "hunter" and planner for all trips.   😄 

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Looks like a great spot to kick-back. 

Yes it is addictive sitting out there....and nice at 69 degrees with an ocean breeze right now compared to mid 90s and "like a sauna that does not turn off" at home in Florida right now.  😮