Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Hi Graham - Thank you for asking. While there have been some faint glimmers of hope here and there, nothing that can be considered "meaningful" or "measurable". Unlike physical injuries where progress in recovery can be measured in weeks, with brain injuries it often takes months for even the smallest sign of improvement. So we continue to sit, wait and pray and give her the time she needs.

I've been on CC sporadically that last few months. My wife would always record our trips in a good, old fashion paper book diary. For our own memories sake.  I take these diaries to her bedside and read them to her. Her words in her handwriting. Yesterday, it was about some of our cruising adventures, hence I find myself back here, reading BirdTravels time on AOS.

And @island lady adventures in Maine. She can be my house finder anytime!

And seeing your beautiful house, gardens and radiant wife always brings a smile to my face @grapau27

Aww...and I am speaking for everyone here...our hearts go out to you and your wife.  Hope the glimmer of hope gets brighter.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

How was lunch yesterday?  Was feeling a little warm here....not sure if I caught a bug or something else!!

Better find a fire extinguisher - we had Jeff & Sherri medium rare burgers!!!!! Next time you need to be here to defend yourselves!!!!!!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, George C said:

I still have hundreds of 33’s and maybe a hundred 45’s , when we do our rock and romance cruises we get some signed by the original artist . 

I wish that I still had them and my 1961 Ford Galaxie Sunliner convertible.............such great memories!!!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You only want a bit of butter fish. If too much is consumed it comes with a risk…

"Butterfish or Escolar cannot metabolize the wax esters (Gempylotoxin) naturally found in its diet. ... The gastrointestinal symptoms, called "keriorrhea", caused by these wax esters may include oily orange diarrhea, discharge, or leakage from the rectum that may smell of mineral oil.

a little further reading about it…

These esters are called gempylotoxin, and this is what gives the flesh of escolar its oily texture. The downside is that these esters are are very similar to castor or mineral oil, and when full portions of escolar are consumed, they can cause gastrointestinal symptoms.

One can imagine the fun had on CC with this being served at the Windjammer.  

OMG...I guess I missed that description.  Gag!!  🤢

As is typical along the seaside in "Downeast" Maine....yesterday was sunny and 72...today...57 with fog and drizzle.  Good time to go shopping!  Heading out for groceries, post office, hardware store, and of course....the "Lobstore" as they are called for fresh fish for dinner tonight..  😉 

Comparing pictures:

20210614_133117 (1).jpg

20210615_092503.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Apparently I missed that one.

Escolar, aka butterfish, is yummy.

Unfortunately, it can cause exactly what was described.  My wife freaked out several years ago after experiencing it.  We avoid it now like the plague.  Very yummy, it is too bad it causes a major effect occassionally.

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

That is why I have a picture in my profile upper corner so people would recognize me.

OOOOOpppppppssssss, wrong picture for a lionesss.

I'm glad you clarified. For a moment I was amazed that a cat was so articulate in writing. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Walking around the campground this morning, when I spied this.   Never saw one of these before.  

D07FE592-12D1-4380-947D-E7ADB0420F81.thumb.jpeg.c9c93eee5391c7ee6a9fb272dbf9ff44.jpeg

For some reason, this song kept going thru my head. 

There's room enough for two
Up on the roof (up on the roof)
Up on the roo-oo-oof (up on the roof)
Oh, come on, baby (up on the roof)
Oh, come on, honey (up on the roof)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

Hell yes I remember Bobby Rydell - listen to him on Sirius / XM radio. Unfortunately eons ago my 45 collection was discarded along with my 33's. Got married - left the collection at Mom & Dad's and they disappeared!!!!

I sincerely hope you mean your record collection and not your parents!

1 hour ago, George C said:

We saw Frankie in Grease in Ft Worth at end of the play he did a mini concert about 30 mins , he was very good.

SWOON!

@dani negreanu your family pictures are wonderful.  It looks like you all had a wonderful time in beautiful surroundings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Walking around the campground this morning, when I spied this.   Never saw one of these before.  

D07FE592-12D1-4380-947D-E7ADB0420F81.thumb.jpeg.c9c93eee5391c7ee6a9fb272dbf9ff44.jpeg

I saw one in a commercial but never in person...............and............now I have that song on my mind!!!!

23 hours ago, island lady said:

Settled into our 2nd of 5 rental homes yesterday.  Enjoyed a nice picnic lunch at the northern part of Acadia National park, then were delighted at the little seaside cottage we will call home for the next two weeks.  Older, small, typical Maine seaside cottage.  Simple and plain, no frills.  But oh that view!!

This "cabin" has a huge balcony...just right for happy hour!  😄  

20210613_134509.jpg

20210613_162601.jpg

20210613_162508.jpg

20210613_162940.jpg

You’re killing me!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Hell yes I remember Bobby Rydell - listen to him on Sirius / XM radio. Unfortunately eons ago my 45 collection was discarded along with my 33's. Got married - left the collection at Mom & Dad's and they disappeared!!!!

Still have mine.  They are boxed up and in the garage.

7 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sibling rivalry until the end. 

That was her goal and made it to 100 years and 2 months. My Dad was a medic on D-day (never talked about it) and he passed away 50 years to the day. My Mom passed on 8/6 - the date of the atomic bombing at Hiroshima............WWII infamous dates.

• Like 2

I am going to attempt to dispel the butterfish theory of what happens after you eat it.  I practically grew up eating smoked butterfish and never had nor any of my family ever had those nauseating symptoms. That must have been one "blechy" thread.

3 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

That was her goal and made it to 100 years and 2 months. My Dad was a medic on D-day (never talked about it) and he passed away 50 years to the day. My Mom passed on 8/6 - the date of the atomic bombing at Hiroshima............WWII infamous dates.

They raised a wizardly wise son.

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Have spent a lot of time camping in the "land yacht" at various state parks.  Indeed we have seen that pop up set up, on cars/SUVS/trucks....and even on little trailers pulled behind motorcycles.  The tall ones would freak me out if I were to "roll out of bed" in the middle of the night...eeeekk!!  😮