Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Stayed at one once. Never, ever again. I’d sleep in my car first!

I've stayed at a couple. Some were really good, others really bad. No consistency with the brand.

FWIW, the good ones seems to be down south, Texas, etc. The bad ones in NY and NE.

No Room service although one in Houston had a decent bar in the lobby. Too bad it closed at 10 pm.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I've stayed at a couple. Some were really good, others really bad. No consistency with the brand.

FWIW, the good ones seems to be down south, Texas, etc. The bad ones in NY and NE.

No Room service although one in Houston had a decent bar in the lobby. Too bad it closed at 10 pm.

They are pet friendly 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sheal said:

I'm with you both.  Ever stay in a La Quinta?  I think the beds of made of granite.

Your comment made me laugh.  When we drove down from NY to our new home in TX we stayed at a La Quinta in I think Virginia.  I don't recall how the  beds were but I was not impressed. Roughing it for sure.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Me before a vacation:  “ I can’t wait to go out to eat all the time & not cook!”

Me after 10 days on vacation: “ I can’t wait for a home cooked meal!”

Yup....gets tiring after awhile indeed.   Not only do we like to cook, but I can guess the mass cooked meals can't compare to our home cooked meals.  😉 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Sheal said:

Welcome to New England!  At least you knew what you were getting into.  I remembered the cruises that got diverted from Bermuda to New England.  Pretty upset crowd. 

BTW, that Butterfish was right up there with the starfish thread.  Not sure how I missed it.  Reminds me of the Alli weight loss product.  Eat any fat and risk the consequences. 

But still love the changes in the weather.  Cool, cloudy, and clammy....still more enjoyable than the 95 plus temps with high humidity in the summer in Florida.  😓

Been coming up to "Downeast" Maine (from Bar Harbor north to Canada) for the summers almost every year for the past 20 years.  Kind of my "second home state".  😉 

• Like 1

Just now, island lady said:

But still love the changes in the weather.  Cool, cloudy, and clammy....still more enjoyable than the 95 plus temps with high humidity in the summer in Florida.  😓

Been coming up to "Downeast" Maine (from Bar Harbor north to Canada) for the summers almost every year for the past 20 years.  Kind of my "second home state".  😉 

We have a stretch of awesome weather starting today.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

A lot of times I will email photos from my phone to myself so I open/download save on my laptop.

Bird is doing a great job with his live of the AOS sailing.    Looking forward to many more live reviews this summer.

That is how I post them also, plus when I download..... I transfer to my pictures file, with each different folder having a title of which "adventure" we had been on.  🙂  Probably the long way to do it, but I like having the picture files.  

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I agree Bird is doing a great job and I’m loving the report.  Really makes me want to book something, but I guess I still have some concerns if we were to test positive.  I hope you’ll do a report from your cruise, even if it’s without pictures. Seems that now we’re seeing some trip reports, I can’t get enough! (Followed one of the 1st Celebrity as well)

One of the reasons I am actually happy my next B2B cruise is not until the end of November.  Waiting for a few cruises to "get the bugs" out of the new set up...pun intended.  😉 

Then....I have quite a few to hopefully look forward to that I have already rebooked.  🙂 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Stayed at one once. Never, ever again. I’d sleep in my car first!

Even worse...the "Sleep Inn".  😮   My company put me up in one during my training.  I lived an hour away, and after that first night...I simply elected to drive home and back each night.  They thought I was crazy (and of course did not reimburse me for it, though they did not have to pay for my stay the rest of the week).  I told them it should be called the "Sleepess" Inn.  🥴

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah...I was expecting that.   Makes me a good match for crazy Bucky!!  😄 😄 

BTW...........I was watching TV last night and I thought that I saw Bucky - the show was Maine Cabin Masters - was that him up on the roof?????

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sheal said:

I think I was in a in a bassinet (could have been a cardboard box for all I know) when my parents made the trek back from my birthplace in San Jose, CA back to RI after the family's first earthquake experience.  No seat belts holding me in either.

Speaking of pick up trucks, we routinely rode in the back in the mid 70's.  We thought it was so much fun.  Up until about 5 years ago we could still get away with it on Block Island. 

My Dad would tie two long ropes on the back of his pick up truck, then tie the other ends to two metal "Flying saucers".  He would then drag us all around the snowy back roads...gosh that was fun!!  😄 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

We always had a station wagon when the kids were young -  big old Pontiacs and Buicks. The kids (2 boys) always wanted to be in the cargo area and stick their feet out of the roll down window..........many sneakers and shoes were lost (so now you know how one shoe is found on the road / highway)!!!!! When we moved from Upstate NY to Georgia - our youngest (1 yo) was in a fold up playpen in the cargo area..............all the way.

Maybe that one shoe met up with the missing sock out of the dryer?  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

BTW...........I was watching TV last night and I thought that I saw Bucky - the show was Maine Cabin Masters - was that him up on the roof?????

Hah!  I love that show...that family is sooo funny!  😉  Not sure if we will buy a seasonal house up here...and if we do...keeping Bucky off the roof.  He crawls around up on ours at home in Florida too much as it is...which terrifies the neighbors.  😬

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hah!  I love that show...that family is sooo funny!  😉  Not sure if we will buy a seasonal house up here...and if we do...keeping Bucky off the roof.  He crawls around up on ours at home in Florida too much as it is...which terrifies the neighbors.  😬

This is a tough time to buy a home / condo. We had two go up for sale.........one sold in 4 hours the other in 3 days.............and the prices would scare you!!!!! Happy cabin shopping - don't feed the gnats!!!!!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, island lady said:

My Dad would tie two long ropes on the back of his pick up truck, then tie the other ends to two metal "Flying saucers".  He would then drag us all around the snowy back roads...gosh that was fun!!  😄 

The most dangerous of all sleds.  Very little control over where the saucer is going and no control over which direction it's facing.  Unless you're being towed by a pickup, which would make it the safer way to ride in a saucer??? 🤔

• Like 1

My wife has a cool day, she is getting a helicopter tour of DFW , the company she works for for last 20 years has a helicopter and a fleet of planes and gives tours of all there properties to new employees and they had a extra seat so she will go again. Still trying to get luggage tags for our cruise in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 5

Ten days until we board the Celebrity Edge - got our shareholders credit confirmations yesterday (good sign) - the only open questions are the Bahamas Health Visa (required) and on the day before sailing we have to complete a Celebrity Health Questionnaire on line. Passports and vaccine records are ready and have our Xpress passes printed...........and a boarding time slot between 12:30 - 1:00PM.

• Like 6