Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Luckily, we had plenty of rain for the last 2 years and the lake was replenished to the point where opening the Degania dam was considered.

Pity it was so hot -- almost exhausting.

I remember that Degania was the first kibbutz where Moshe Dayan was born.

Visiting Kibbutz Nachshon was an eye opener for me.  We only went for the day approx. 35 years ago to visit Jack's friend's family who lived there.  Children did not sleep at home with their parents but in a children's house and shared clothing which was in a communal closet, arranged by size. We visited their stained glass studio and took a nice swim in the pool and had dinner with everyone in the communal dining room.  Very tranquil setting.  Not my lifestyle but I can see the beauty and attraction to others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

What’s for dinner tonight?  So I looked at my Fitbit and it said I had 1.4 pounds to gain!  Challenge accepted.  What better than a giant feast at Benihana. 

I am still getting use to these QR codes instead of menus.  

0A35F71E-A454-4540-97D4-0D21E1EED154.thumb.jpeg.04d80538e195f7f37ab4012035f35525.jpeg

2B0BC6BC-60A1-4F80-BD75-3E140627D223.thumb.png.99433bc3f4b57bad705e4da133e2a987.png

Quick, let me start with a big beer and a daiquiri for my wife. 

F6B3C53F-B104-4531-8AAB-6B6D0EBE0544.thumb.jpeg.38c77d7cba168eb8cccb47469ea480bc.jpeg

0FB68137-0F8B-41FB-8639-670A14126BA0.thumb.jpeg.f12b7285ce9aa1be5a6cf6be432594d8.jpeg

The chef started right out with the volcano. 

Then cooking up some fried rice and vegetables.  

F12C01E3-1CD5-45AF-9923-69D2B19EC98D.thumb.jpeg.d2464b505d4b3d53a2a65ee4d2d6c102.jpeg

Shrimp, lobster, scallops, and who the **** orders tofu here?

CCE90A42-C486-4734-BFE9-EDEC00F73BED.thumb.jpeg.14eac46a9388954836a843471bc05e53.jpeg

And, of course, filets. 

A72A5420-402C-47A3-844D-C066E72CC1C8.thumb.jpeg.481b7929d56fd86b1d5a31e57bc5048f.jpeg

BEEE21FA-2801-4AA0-9FBA-74BE39B58251.thumb.jpeg.5105cc3a245984a37c6f8dae88bf92cb.jpeg

One of my favorite meals, I recreate this on my 24” round Cuisinart griddle that is 40 years old and my steel griddle thing that is gigantic and awkward on the grill....  It is good in my recreation, but not like the real thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Nobody has posted any "What's for Dinner" pictures lately and I am really running out of ideas.

Taco salad tonight.

We use crushed fritos instead of tortilla chips. And swap out salsa for Kraft zesty catalina dressing.

Enough leftovers for dinner tomorrow.

20210616_200239.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Nobody has posted any "What's for Dinner" pictures lately and I am really running out of ideas.

Made Corned Beef and Cabbage for dinner tonight.  Sorry no pictures.  But it was Thai food for lunch.  Very yummy.

5F8AF8DB-A497-4328-A940-914E09A4E719.thumb.jpeg.92d452a2c79351932f3bd9513041c190.jpeg

Edited by FromSea2ShiningSea
  • Like 6

I don't have pictures but we are on day 3 of a turkey breast my husband smoked on the Trager.  I made a zucchini casserole to go along with it.  The first day we had sliced turkey, the second day shredded turkey in a baked potato and the third day turkey sandwiches.  I also made some blueberry ice cream to have for dessert.  Tonight we are going to have breakfast dinner.  Maybe pancakes and bacon.

Edited by Keksie
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, davekathy said:

To start with, a chilled Sauvignon Blanc and either a Merlot or a Cabernet Sauvignon followed by lobster. 🍷🍷🦞

Winner...winner...chicken (errr...lobster 😉 ) dinner.  😄  

Going out to reconnect with our favorite seafood provider today.  🤗

All the other times, we have stayed at a private RV park in the summer in the Land Yacht.  We would buy them from the campground owner who would steam them up for us and deliver to our door.  

This will be a new experience...cooking them myself for the first time.  Grocery list:  Corn on the cob, small red potatoes, lots of butter, and some wine.  Then stop off at Chipman's Lobster pound to pick out the victims.  😄 

Pictures of my pass or fail tonight.  😉 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Winner...winner...chicken (errr...lobster 😉 ) dinner.  😄  

Going out to reconnect with our favorite seafood provider today.  🤗

All the other times, we have stayed at a private RV park in the summer in the Land Yacht.  We would buy them from the campground owner who would steam them up for us and deliver to our door.  

This will be a new experience...cooking them myself for the first time.  Grocery list:  Corn on the cob, small red potatoes, lots of butter, and some wine.  Then stop off at Chipman's Lobster pound to pick out the victims.  😄 

Pictures of my pass or fail tonight.  😉 

Drooling................my peanut butter and jelly sandwich is looking pretty sad!!!!! BUT the jelly is blueberry - so some redeeming value.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

My guess:  boiled or steamed crustacean - maize - cyanococcus vaccinium pie

Winner winner to you as well.  😉  

Our favorite seafood provider has always been our "go to" for crab, Halibut, Haddock, and precooked Lobster chunks.  This will be a first picking up live lobster for me.  Hope the things don't get loose on us in the SUV and we have to hunt them down.  😮 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Winner winner to you as well.  😉  

Our favorite seafood provider has always been our "go to" for crab, Halibut, Haddock, and precooked Lobster chunks.  This will be a first picking up live lobster for me.  Hope the things don't get loose on us in the SUV and we have to hunt them down.  😮 

Make sure the claws have strong rubber band on them!!!! Wear ear plugs so that you won't hear them screaming when you plunge them in the boiling pot.............just sayin'.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Lobster, lobster, lobster. 
I had Florida grown steamed clams yesterday in Crescent Beach and pretended I was in Boothbay Harbor. 
OK, but not Maine steamers. 
Also had huge fresh Mayport shrimp to make up for not being up there. 

MMm...I love any kind of seafood.  We really love the "Key West Pinks" shrimp from the Keys.  I make a great shrimp wrap from them.  😋

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Out doing some work at a nearby gated retirement community where like in Florida golf carts are as common as cars.  Saw this.

01DF2F3A-950C-4BF8-BE50-EEE2005B77BA.jpeg

Thank is sooo cool!  Talk about taking your picnic on the road!  Probably very popular with the neighbors!  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Drooling................my peanut butter and jelly sandwich is looking pretty sad!!!!! BUT the jelly is blueberry - so some redeeming value.

The owner of this rental home left us fresh biscuits, Wild Maine Blueberry Jam, and some butter when we first checked in.   That was breakfast the next morning.  Yumm!  🙂 

She stopped over last night, joining us for wine on the deck.  Nice lady!  

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Make sure the claws have strong rubber band on them!!!! Wear ear plugs so that you won't hear them screaming when you plunge them in the boiling pot.............just sayin'.

Oh definitely the "bands will stay on"...during their hot tub experience.  Just hope they don't scream...the fish never did that when we would put them to the knife after fishing.  😮 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh definitely the "bands will stay on"...during their hot tub experience.  Just hope they don't scream...the fish never did that when we would put them to the knife after fishing.  😮 

Maybe telling the lobsters that the pot is a "hot tub" will work.............maybe you will just hear a whimper!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Was reading the Mario thread and getting a headache! Who cares what he is doing in his private life.

Also wondering why can't all Brits be as lovely as our resident Brits Graham and Pauline????!!!!!!

Ace won't give up and not sure if he doesn't get it or what.  I've questioned at least one other Mario thread and got blasted by a couple of posters who think it's normal to be obsessed with another person and how they live their life.   Not to mention how many misconceptions there are about him being onboard a ship (no he doesn't "live" onboard).

Anyway, I thought I had posted on this thread about my injury (almost 2 years ago), but don't see it.  Short story is swinging a golf club at Top Golf, I dislocated my kneecap and fell on my ankle and dislocated it and fractured my fibula.  Plate on fibula, ankle healed fine.  Knee still gives me lots of problems as in I can't walk far and it tightens up on me.  Finally had an MRI and I have no tears, no ligament damage, no cartilage damage, other than what is to be expected at 61 so it's just lack of strength and endurance.  So, I'll be starting pool therapy soon at a local gym with a friend who is a personal trainer and working on increasing my walking distance.  Have to be able to walk a mile or two before our Nov/Dec b2b HOS cruises and 5 days at WDW.   

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Out doing some work at a nearby gated retirement community where like in Florida golf carts are as common as cars.  Saw this.

01DF2F3A-950C-4BF8-BE50-EEE2005B77BA.jpeg

Priceless!  Probably made it last summer when there was a shortage of outdoor furniture.  Great idea!