Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Was reading the Mario thread and getting a headache! Who cares what he is doing in his private life.

Also wondering why can't all Brits be as lovely as our resident Brits Graham and Pauline????!!!!!!

Thank you Arzeena.

We are in Harrogate North Yorkshire today.

This was our lunch.

Graham.

IMG_20210617_124644.jpg

IMG_20210617_124618.jpg

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I see your one sleeping cat and I raise you.

image.thumb.jpeg.2600a10f0f2798d9a6e1e4e3f3c9a9a1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1036337eafa927713874e1473f453e2e.jpeg

Adorable!  My neighbor the cat sitter sent me photos of my babies Eva, the black one doing a big yawn and Sparky that I got from rescue shelter last november.  

IMG_21931.jpg

IMG_21941.jpg

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 7

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yesterday was not a good day here.My daughter who lives very close to me came home from work early and decided to take her family puppy out for a walk.A few minutes into the walk 2 large dogs were running toward her and attacked the puppy.

It seemed to her like forever before she could grab her dog.She was screaming and the puppy was making noises that she never heard before.Neighbors came out and got the dogs away from her.She took her puppy in the house and then she and her husband brought the puppy to an Animal ER.They were there nearly 4 hours.The puppy is okay .My daughter is emotionally drained.She called my wife very early this morning to tell us .

So sorry to hear about your daughter and her puppy.

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I don't have pictures but we are on day 3 of a turkey breast my husband smoked on the Trager.  I made a zucchini casserole to go along with it.  The first day we had sliced turkey, the second day shredded turkey in a baked potato and the third day turkey sandwiches.  I also made some blueberry ice cream to have for dessert.  Tonight we are going to have breakfast dinner.  Maybe pancakes and bacon.

Dinner is the best time for breakfast food, to me. I can really appreciate it then. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BND said:

Finally had an MRI and I have no tears, no ligament damage, no cartilage damage, other than what is to be expected at 61 so it's just lack of strength and endurance.

Great news. Hopefully some good PT and you will be ready to go. 

• Like 1

While housesitting for our DD and SIL, 

I got pictures of their cats, Jasmine, whose eyes glow in the daytime, and Cooper, who is more dog than cat. 
I hope I didn’t already post these!

if I did, put it down to senior hours and weeks!

43FCD30D-46F5-496D-94C0-FDF863CF6648.jpeg

B0C46EDF-C084-46DE-92D4-C60951AA783A.jpeg

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 10

10 minutes ago, SGTTUBA75 said:

Cracker Barrel seems to have completely changed their menu. No oatmeal or fruit among some changes. Went from menu of 6 pages to 4. Hopefully this is temporary. Although our Cracker Barrel seems to be always crowded, the Mgr said other areas (States) are less fortunate. 

Ours has been pretty steady and now with the "snowbirds" heading North - more "locals" are coming back. We still get 2 menu's - one with breakfast and one regular with a drinks / special insert. My wife loved the grilled haddock but that has gone - manager said that it was priced off the menu..........their customers have a price threshold and the new cost was prohibitive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Arzeena.

We are in Harrogate North Yorkshire today.

This was our lunch.

Graham.

IMG_20210617_124644.jpg

IMG_20210617_124618.jpg

Lovely wife, lovely lunch, lovely place!

Ofcourse I didn't want you to be left out, so I edited to say lovely couple!😁

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We frequent Cracker Barrel............food always good and consistent from location to location. Agree on the casseroles - every Friday during lent it was the fish fry!!!!!

We went there recently. Had blue berry pancakes and thought about you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We went there recently. Had blue berry pancakes and thought about you.

I am the blueberry fan - Mean Mary likes the pecan pancakes. Now I'm getting hungry!!!

Tomorrow is eating out lunch day - for me it will be shrimp taco's for sure. There is a restaurant just down from us "Shucker's" - right on the beach...........hope there will be a breeze!!!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I love their hash brown casserole!

i have never eaten at a Cracker Barrel but I've heard so much about their hash brown casserole that I looked up a recipe and made it. Fantastic and over the years I have tweaked it a little bit adding philly cream cheese with the sour cream. I also add a variety of cheeses and some spices. Needless to say it is not low fat but is really tasty.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

i have never eaten at a Cracker Barrel but I've heard so much about their hash brown casserole that I looked up a recipe and made it. Fantastic and over the years I have tweaked it a little bit adding philly cream cheese with the sour cream. I also add a variety of cheeses and some spices. Needless to say it is not low fat but is really tasty.

Tasty wins every time!!!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Dinner for us tonight was Mediterranean Shrimp with Couscous and a salad. 

A very healthy meal 👍

Do you cook the couscous or you buy it ready made? 

I'm buying it like this, add 3 spoons of olive oil, some salt and then 400 ml boiled water, cover it and leave it for 5 minutes. Rack it with a fork. Delicious.

couscous.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Coralc said:

Oh how interesting Dani. :classic_biggrin: It is not a sea, it is a lake. All this time from the biblical references, I had <assumed> it was a saltwater sea. Definitely my "I learned one new thing today" moment.

Indeed, the "Sea" of Galilee actually is a freshwater lake, and not a big one at that (Length - 13 mil, width - 8.1 mil).

It is now at its highest level in the last 2 decades. It is assumed that when Jesus walked on water [aka, Sea of Galilee], it was in one of its lowest levels.

I didn't intend to post those pics of the "Sea", but since you raised the subject of biblical references, I assume there will be others also interested.

You can still see some trees "in the middle of the water", a "memory" of where the lake started some years ago, when it was at its lowest level ever...

20210614_153641.jpg

20210614_153643.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2