Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, island lady said:

Gary...this Blueberry pie we picked up at a farm market on the way in...is for you!    Well...if there is anything left after Bucky got to it. 😄 

20210617_192758.jpg

We stopped coming back from Bar Hsrbor once, when we saw a roadside sign saying “Fresh Fruit”. Our DD asked her husband to buy blueberries. She said she’d bake a pie for dessert. 
We watched the interaction between him and the fruit lady. She appeared to be yelling at him. 
Then Jon walked past the car to where the “Fresh Fruit” sign was. 
looked at it, walked toward the lady again and said something, whereupon she started yelling again. 
He turned around and got back in the car and drove off. What on earth?

When he calmed down, he told us when  he asked for blueberries, she yelled at him and asked why. He said his wife asked for blueberries. The woman called him an idiot and told him to look at the sign. He came back and he told her what it said. 
She yelled again, asking what color the writing on the sign was. He said pink. 
She said strawberries  are pink. If she had blueberries, the writing would have been blue. Then she said “Tomfool tourists!”

That’s when he turned around and got back in the car, steam coming out of his ears. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

She said strawberries  are pink. If she had blueberries, the writing would have been blue. Then she said “Tomfool tourists!”

SMH ....

39 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We stopped coming back from Bar Hsrbor once, when we saw a roadside sign saying “Fresh Fruit”. Our DD asked her husband to buy blueberries. She said she’d bake a pie for dessert. 
We watched the interaction between him and the fruit lady. She appeared to be yelling at him. 
looked at it, walked toward the lady again and said something, whereupon she started yelling again. 

When he calmed down, he told us when  he asked for blueberries, she yelled at him and asked why. He said his wife asked for blueberries. The woman called him an idiot and told him to look at the sign. He came back and he told her what it said. 

That’s when he turned around and got back in the car, steam coming out of his ears. 

Kind of like "snowbirds"???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Great news -- ovarian cancer is, sadly, not "a walk in the park", and waiting for the bi-annual results is never easy.

May you pop champagne for the both of you until 120 years [as is the saying around here] !!

Sorry, that's the "limit" imposed in Genesis (6:3).... 😉

One hundred and twenty years is considered the ideal human life-span, as stated in Genesis (6:3): “God said: ‘My spirit shall not abide in a human forever, since a person is also flesh; therefore a person’s days will be 120 years.’ 

If you ever need work see if the Pope will hire you to teach the Christian world what is in that book.😉😇

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

My BIL lives in NH.  First time we went to visit, my GPS took me to where his road started, and announced we had arrived.   Figured out that the data base did not have the numbers. Got you close, but you were on your own after that. When we found it, we put a waypoint in the GPS,  no problems after that.

No problem for us as well.  Three of the places we are staying at are down private dirt roads that branch off to various homes along lakes and the seashore.  Guess you have to live here to know where you are going.  😮   No mailboxes...all P.O. deliveries.  

Have just ordered my first mail forwarding drop...to be "General Delivery" at the P.O.  😉 

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

OMG that's terrible!  Fortunately we never run into that kind up here.  Everyone seems to be so welcoming and nice. Very laid back, quick to converse, and give helpful information.  Shame you ran into that "other" type.  😞 

• Like 1

Good afternoon.  Got home a little bit ago  from shopping, returning some stuff to Amazon and doing the monthly Walmart run. 
Had the typical “ shopping” headache so I laid across the bed in extra bedroom. When I woke up had a foreign body by my feet. “ The Cat.”  

Now mind you we inherited Carrie when our daughter went to college. At first she was a loner. Never saw her. But food bowl was always empty. 

As time moved on we are her bestie buds. 

Now it is always me and my shadow. 

We have a running joke in this house that I will be safe from aliens. Because aliens are afraid of cats. (🤔) (saw that on a tv show).  

So she gets extra treats when she protects me.   If she is MIA, then boring cat food. 

ALIENS. ( hmmmmm)

Wonder what that is about??????

Only time will tell. 

Sea ya. 

636F2D9D-EF11-4853-9D3E-4780E111DC31.jpeg

• Like 13

35 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good afternoon.  Got home a little bit ago  from shopping, returning some stuff to Amazon and doing the monthly Walmart run. 
Had the typical “ shopping” headache so I laid across the bed in extra bedroom. When I woke up had a foreign body by my feet. “ The Cat.”  

Now mind you we inherited Carrie when our daughter went to college. At first she was a loner. Never saw her. But food bowl was always empty. 

As time moved on we are her bestie buds. 

Now it is always me and my shadow. 

We have a running joke in this house that I will be safe from aliens. Because aliens are afraid of cats. (🤔) (saw that on a tv show).  

So she gets extra treats when she protects me.   If she is MIA, then boring cat food. 

ALIENS. ( hmmmmm)

Wonder what that is about??????

Only time will tell. 

Sea ya. 

636F2D9D-EF11-4853-9D3E-4780E111DC31.jpeg

According to the movie "The Mummy".....those tape wrapped monsters are afraid of them also!  😉 

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Of course, makes perfect sense. 🙄  LOL. I guess an orange sign would be oranges? Or Pumpkin?

I wonder what color the sign would have been for apples? Tri-color?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Very full!  Next time will get a bit smaller ones...Lobster provider went a bit overboard with that size.  😉 

Have you run into any shedders? It’s lovely to be able to use your hands instead of nutcrackers. 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

OMG that's terrible!  Fortunately we never run into that kind up here.  Everyone seems to be so welcoming and nice. Very laid back, quick to converse, and give helpful information.  Shame you ran into that "other" type.  😞 

We thought it was hilarious. Our lobsterman uncle was the same type. 
He would even open the fridge door and yell at the contents. Chriseling bastards!

was one of his favorites. 

• Like 1

This morning we went to Church,  our pastor and good friend had set up a Mass for our 50th Anniversary.  It was so nice, the parishioners gave us a round of applause!  This was the closest date to our actual anniversary(April) he could reserve so it’s good people are still reserving Masses.  We went out for breakfast afterwards, this priest lives a good life.  This morning we took him for breakfast and tonight he was dining out with family. Anyway, it was a good feeling having Mass said for us and we are still living!!!!!

• Like 13

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

This morning we went to Church,  our pastor and good friend had set up a Mass for our 50th Anniversary.  It was so nice, the parishioners gave us a round of applause!  This was the closest date to our actual anniversary(April) he could reserve so it’s good people are still reserving Masses.  We went out for breakfast afterwards, this priest lives a good life.  This morning we took him for breakfast and tonight he was dining out with family. Anyway, it was a good feeling having Mass said for us and we are still living!!!!!

Congratulations!

Yes, it’s a wonderful feeling to have our lives back. Seeing people in church, going out to lunch, and it’s been surreal playing Bunco again after a whole year went by without seeing any of my friends!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Have you run into any shedders? It’s lovely to be able to use your hands instead of nutcrackers. 

Not a fan of shedders...or "soft shell".   Tried them once, was nothing like the good old hard to crack shell Lobster.  Don't have a problem using the crackers...I love making a mess I guess.  😄 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Of course, makes perfect sense. 🙄  LOL. I guess an orange sign would be oranges? Or Pumpkin?

I wonder what color the sign would have been for apples? Tri-color?

Depends if the apples are Red Delicious or Granny Smith. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Congratulations!!!!! We celebrate #48 on 6/30 while cruising on the Celebrity Edge...........where does the time go?????

• Like 6

Had one of our favorite rolls today for lunch...Jonah crab rolls.  The Jonah crab is local and very sweet.  Our favorite Lobster pound (where we got last night's feast) has the best anywhere.  The two brothers that own the place enlist their Mom...Cathy...to hand pull the meat from them.  Hence we call it "Cathy Crab" when we ask for it.  So popular they hide the 8 oz. tubs of them in the back...since they fly off the shelf.  You have to ask for it.  

We do our rolls...both crab and Lobster..."traditional".    Nothing but butter.  Mmmm....and mine I make at home are the best IMHO.  😉 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes this is my concern as well. We run into restricted airspace all the time when we cover the news. Sometimes at a police scene the cops will see our drone and not like the fact that it is there and call the FAA for restricted airspace for no reason than to mess with us.

I also remember watching a Sailing Doodles video on YT where he was flying is drone while sailing and the drone stopped and just started to hover over a area. He figured out there must have been some registered restricted airspace from the island loaded into the GPS. He had to turn the boat around and go back and get the drone. 

The other thing I worry about is flying one in another country. You have to make sure you know what the laws are. Countries are  a lot more stringent when it comes to allowing drones to fly wherever they want.

One of the rules for non-licensed drone pilots (maybe licensed also??) is to not fly over people. Doesn’t matter if it’s restricted airspace or not. I believe it’s a safety concern in case the drone suddenly fails and falls out of the sky. Most people don’t like the buzzing noise either. 

Most drone pilots that I know are very conscientious and follow the rules (mostly 😉). Like most things in life, it’s the few bad apples that spoil it for the rest.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

One of the rules for non-licensed drone pilots (maybe licensed also??) is to not fly over people. Doesn’t matter if it’s restricted airspace or not.

When the Kansas City Royals won the World Series they had a parade.  Several drone operators got arrested for flying their drones over people. Law enforcement does take it seriously.