Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Do they still play Sweet Caroline (which is NOT about Caroline Kennedy) in the 8th Inning at Fenway?

Hope your daughter sees the light.  Mine did. 

Billy Joel.  One of my forever faves.  Something wonderful to look forward to!

Did Neil Diamond recant? In 2007 he said he was inspired by little Caroline’s photo. 
So who was it, really, or did he just pick a name that fit?

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I had Beef Wellington and it was excellent.  Charlie had filet mignon and said it was one of the best he ever had.  They are a bit pricey so having the check picked up was a nice perk.  The service is always good.  I think Harrahs old steakhouse was actually a bit better but this was good.

Nothing like a wonderful dinner to make you feel like a millionaire!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I thought it was C Kennedy.

Neil wrote the song about his wife at the time,Her name was Marsha .He could not think of a rhyme with Marsha so he changed it to Caroline.Neil went to high school with my wife’s sister.

Edited by lenquixote66

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Neil wrote the song about his wife at the time,Her name was Marsha .He could not think of a rhyme with Marsha so he changed it to Caroline.

Good choice. Sweet Marsha doesn't quite cut it. Wife at the time? I guess those good times that never seemed so good weren't so good afterall?

• Like 1

Apparently, Sweet Caroline is about both: his wife Marsha...and Caroline Kennedy...who was 9 years old at the time...which makes the song a bit creepy....and gives another reason for this Yankee-fan (points fingers at himself) to dislike the Red Sox. 😉

https://www.smoothradio.com/features/sweet-caroline-lyrics-meaning-neil-diamond/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We made a trip to Lake Erie today.  It took a while, because these slowed us up.  I think they were having a funeral, because we passed at least 50 at one place. 

A63C0CA1-2EBD-4209-AC14-873E9CB14CC3.thumb.jpeg.008d62c919128c6793453a302f644cb4.jpeg

Lake Erie was certainly calm enough for the geese to gather. 

81F5A997-C6BB-4D45-9CB7-36823A4BAAB3.thumb.jpeg.40763e08f17a33363127c5ee92f87ea6.jpeg

Who needs a flow rider when you can make your own waves 

we made a stop at Edinboro Lake on the way back. They were supposed to have live music, but the band didn’t show.  At least they had nice views and cheap drinks. 

C3C973EE-790E-4375-977A-D7567351BCF8.thumb.jpeg.22fb10e0add0494070b288729fe8fc9d.jpeg

7E4B909B-80BD-4EB6-8A4D-4DE21B4DEA96.thumb.jpeg.fadf525c712991b804ba8e8ceaf606db.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It was June of 2017. It was the first stop of one of my car tours. I spent two nights in KC and stayed at the KC Marriott CC Plaza. I loved the drive along Bush Creek on MLK JR BLVD. 

It was a ghost town at The stadium when I picked up my credentials.

20DEA99D-686D-401E-B049-1B5BACA6DBA1.thumb.jpeg.d1104400551824351e88bb17c25d59a8.jpeg

Went to Q39 early on the Friday night for dinner. Had the pork belly and white bean appetizer with frizzled onions. 

AE9E5934-00B7-4780-A08F-E14B96E440DE.thumb.jpeg.1e7f3bbe476716d092122e36eacbd554.jpeg

And the samplers plate.  Brisket, burnt ends, ribs, corn bread and beans. Some veggies too. LOL.  Needless to say, there were left overs for the hotel fridge. 

837F1F2C-7CCE-4C46-BE42-A821FB975996.thumb.jpeg.eb02e2d7529cd29725aa77dc5869b8e5.jpeg

There were 25,000 of us there for the show on Saturday at Arrowhead. 

199ECFA7-D31E-4A02-B1F4-763BEA6C94DA.thumb.jpeg.59b8a870bd4423a0a3cc4f91cc4183ee.jpeg

Our route that year on secondary roads.  

A5E93DA2-C415-413C-AE2D-BCCB10D175A7.thumb.jpeg.2c6085bbddbf841d95418e282d6c51e6.jpeg

Also got to go into a suite and see the stadium. 

6E96775E-9E67-4769-A14E-44B0E3558A0B.thumb.jpeg.dc5fa2a6fca2e9f58a165ca05adbdfeb.jpeg

Didn’t get to eat here but loved their sign.

0FC8606F-5161-4BA5-A169-7C42DED8C8AE.thumb.jpeg.a0323c5ca99638971be8c5d6c3f838fc.jpeg

Man I wish I would of known you sooner. We could of hooked up. Winsteads is a classic but if you wanted a really good hamburger I could take to some amazing places. Love your car. Next time we will hook up and I will take you to amazing places on my treat.

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Did Neil Diamond recant? In 2007 he said he was inspired by little Caroline’s photo. 
So who was it, really, or did he just pick a name that fit?

Many think the song was about Caroline.  It was about his wife and he needed a 3 syllable name to fit the song. So yes it was a picture of Caroline to name the song but it wasn't about Caroline at all.

This is part of a CNN interview:

“I was writing a song in Memphis, Tennessee, for a session. I needed a three-syllable name,” Diamond said during an appearance on “Today.” “The song was about my wife at the time — her name was Marsha — and I couldn’t get a ‘Marsha’ rhyme.”

While working in his Memphis hotel room and trying to find the right three-syllable name to fit seamlessly into the song, Diamond noticed the picture of young Caroline Kennedy, and the rest is history. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Good choice. Sweet Marsha doesn't quite cut it. Wife at the time? I guess those good times that never seemed so good weren't so good afterall?

Apparently not with the first 2.  Neil is currently married to his 3rd wife who is 51 years old.  Neil is 79.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We made a trip to Lake Erie today.  It took a while, because these slowed us up.  I think they were having a funeral, because we passed at least 50 at one place. 

A63C0CA1-2EBD-4209-AC14-873E9CB14CC3.thumb.jpeg.008d62c919128c6793453a302f644cb4.jpeg

When we lived in NY, we visited the Amish farms in PA quite a few times.  Wonderful fresh produce at local farm stands.  Beautiful countryside and yes those buggies move slow.

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Do they still play Sweet Caroline (which is NOT about Caroline Kennedy) in the 8th Inning at Fenway?

Hope your daughter sees the light.  Mine did. 

Billy Joel.  One of my forever faves.  Something wonderful to look forward to!

I believe they do still play it. Can’t confirm because we left just after the 7th inning, as the Sox were losing & we wanted to beat the traffic.

20 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Don't try the Budweiser float...............doesn't mix well with vanilla ice cream!!!!

This is not something that I would have even thought about but now that you mention it, I'm going to need to give it a try.

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Neil Diamond went to two high schools .He began as a student at the school that Barbra Streisand attended then went to the school that Neil Sedaka graduated from .

The schools have great bloodlines and vocal cords DNA!!!!!!

We got a definite sense or normalcy here this past weekend. We went to a 200 or so person wedding yesterday.  No masks.  The groom's family threw a rehearsal dinner party for a subset of about 50 guests on Friday night at a local craft brewery.  They have a big outdoor beer garden area in a tent that was reserved for us, and I'm guessing that there were another 100 or so people there, indoors and out, who were not part of our party.  Again, no masks in sight.  It's starting to feel normal to not be wearing a mask.  I can't remember wearing one anywhere since the Ohio governor lifted mask mandates for vaccinated people on June 2.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We got a definite sense or normalcy here this past weekend. We went to a 200 or so person wedding yesterday.  No masks.  The groom's family threw a rehearsal dinner party for a subset of about 50 guests on Friday night at a local craft brewery.  They have a big outdoor beer garden area in a tent that was reserved for us, and I'm guessing that there were another 100 or so people there, indoors and out, who were not part of our party.  Again, no masks in sight.  It's starting to feel normal to not be wearing a mask.  I can't remember wearing one anywhere since the Ohio governor lifted mask mandates for vaccinated people on June 2.

We’ve pretty much not been wearing them since we returned from FL Memorial Day weekend. Being in FL for 2 weeks was our crash course in “no masks”.  Although I walked into a TJ Maxx store the other day and they had a greeter at the door asking everyone to please put on a mask, they had a box available if you didn’t have one.  Guess they didn’t get the memo, LOL.  

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We still have to wear masks in the hospital when in areas where we might come into contact with patients or visitors. The doctors' lounge and cafeteria are becoming my two favorite places.😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We still have to wear masks in the hospital when in areas where we might come into contact with patients or visitors. The doctors' lounge and cafeteria are becoming my two favorite places.😉

Makes sense.  I'd imagine that medical facilities and ALFs will continue for a while.

Just now, Momof3gurlz said:

I see many of you are also following the AOS trip report by BirdTravels.  Just waiting for someone to ask about shorts in the MDR. 

If they don't start opening the Windjammer for dinner it may be me walking in wearing shorts.😏😏😏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1