Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hope you have a great birthday!

I will be celebrating with my family on Saturday but on Monday my wife is having surgery and even though we will be in a festive mood my wife’s medical issues will be on our minds.My daughters will be here to take care of me and the house till my wife is better but they both have mini vacations scheduled from July 30 to August 1 and my wife would not let them cancel their plans.

Thanks for your birthday wishes😀

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I will be celebrating with my family on Saturday but on Monday my wife is having surgery and even though we will be in a festive mood my wife’s medical issues will be on our minds

Happy Pre Birthday and you and your wife will be on our minds.

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A couple more photos from the day. It’s almost done. It took about 1.5 hours of paving and 5 truck loads of asphalt to be completed. 

BDC08053-A65F-4D46-91C1-A85F54D510DC.thumb.jpeg.7afe4d161d012e1b60cecb7fa9f6ab6e.jpeg

This fall we will put fresh dirt and grass seed along the lane edges. The fall rain will water it  VS us having that monumental task. 

C04BE1FB-0002-4687-98A1-D73036490045.thumb.jpeg.cad3ba7a7ad790813f470f6cebd28bfc.jpeg

Is it just me or do these trucks all look like they just drove off the showroom floor?!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Ok, Below Deck Med has finally gotten my attention.  Roy Jr. seems completely different from his last appearance.  The Chef is a prize package!  Lexi needs to shape up or ship out, what an attitude.

Does the chef not realize he works for only six weeks, how much time off does he need??

I'm not liking the chef much. Too bad he is from RI. If he walks out it will be interesting to see if he returns and if Sandy will let him come back. There is something about Lexi that is very odd. I can't put my finger on it but I don't much like her either. On the other hand, I really like the chief stu.

48 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I agree. It's not like he couldn't watch some previous seasons to get an idea of what it would be like. I'm betting Lexie and the chef don't last.

In the after show chef said he has watched the entire series.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

In the after show chef said he has watched the entire series.

So then he should know. I think anxiety and being a chef is a bad combination.

Lexi is too stuck on herself being Miss Bahamas. I think she is more interested in marrying rich and being a yacht guest more than yacht crew.

I really like chief stew Katie Flood. I think she is pretty sharp. My favorite stew of all time is Bugsy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Is it just me or do these trucks all look like they just drove off the showroom floor?!

The asphalt dump trucks, no they are not new but they looked good in white. The too trucks on the lawn, my one and Sharon’s are 4 and 1 year old respectively.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I will be celebrating with my family on Saturday but on Monday my wife is having surgery and even though we will be in a festive mood my wife’s medical issues will be on our minds.My daughters will be here to take care of me and the house till my wife is better but they both have mini vacations scheduled from July 30 to August 1 and my wife would not let them cancel their plans.

Happy Birthday and best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery for your Wife🥰

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 11:24 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I think about that, too. I have often thought that I should stop contributing to the issue and become vegetarian. However, I never get any further than thinking about it.😏 Though I have not touched veal in years. It is horrible what happens to baby calfs.

I have mixed feelings on that as well, and one of those moments happened to me out of the blue when I was watching Bucky filet a nice fish I caught some years ago.  We would purposely keep it alive (like buying live lobsters) until just before we ate it to keep it as fresh as possible.  It was suddenly tough watching that fish flop around coming under the knife.  

Then....I realized that fish was caught by devouring a smaller live fish I was using as bait.  Then I thought about all the other animals that survive by eating other animals....and when you think about it...it's quite a bit.  Now why am I hearing the theme to the Lion King??  😉  IMHO...we are just following Mother Nature's food chain plan.  😉 

Now don't get me started on the macho types that go out there and blast animals for trophies, pictures, etc. with no intention of doing it to feed their families.   Need to set something loose on those guys that are much bigger than them.  Maybe that is how they came up with the "Jurassic Park" movies...bring on Mr. T-Rex!!  😄 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2021 at 1:31 PM, jagsfan said:

You have had a variety of views, stores, and places to visit, so flying and renting various homes has been a win win, I think. 
My lungs are going downhill pretty quickly, so no more long walks in the woods, and, especially, clambering over rocks in places like Pemaquid Point. 
keep posting photos so I can enjoy vicariously!

Thanks!  I am working on a few to bore everyone right now.  😉 

Sorry to hear about your lungs...that must be awful!  I have Asthma, but luckily kept under control by strictly avoiding triggers.  Fresh clean air is my friend, but not if it involves climbing up big hills!!  😮 

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

There has been this bald guy that has been trying to open car doors and steal what he can.

I was auditing a city awhile back that was having the same problem. The week before going on a cruise a police officer friend of mine was rigging a car with cameras which they parked in the problem area.  While on the cruise our cruise friend was on Facebook and saw where the police officer was shot and killed.  It was a tough moment.  A short time later they caught the guy.  

17 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The latest mask thread is running off the rails, doomed for sure.  You know who is already preaching his masks for life, 24/7  mantra🙄.  Don’t know why I keep getting sucked into those, I should know better. 

Totally agree.   I get in trouble when I stray off of this safe warm fuzzy thread.  😉   Not worth going out there.  Dog eat dog world out there!!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I just thought of my 57 year old son back when he was 8. We were in Maine and my husband’s uncle took our boys fishing. Scott caught a nice sized fish and proudly showed it to me. 
That evening we sat down to dinner and Uncle Maland  put a fried fish on Scott’s plate. He said “You make a fine fisherman and you get to eat your catch”.  
Scott burst into tears and said “You killed my fish!”

I couldn’t have eaten it, either, and much as I love lobster, even the thought of picking one out at a lobster pound for my dinner would turn me off. 

OMG...I posted my "fish story" before I read this.  Yeah...it does go round doesn't it?  😉 

Toured Schoodic Point and Schoodic Loop park today.  It is the less busy part of Acadia National Park (Bar Harbor/Mount Desert Island) and is to the north of it across Frenchman's Bay. 
Was still very busy even on a weekday. 

This morning we had watched the local news here with Bar Harbor being totally nuts with so many tourists in town, and super congested roads.  And that is without cruise ship visits! Happy not to go down there right now.  In fact Cadillac Mountain is only accepting prepaid reservations in advance just to drive up there this year!! 😮 

20210720_103604.jpg

20210720_103643.jpg

20210720_103734.jpg

20210720_104156.jpg

• Like 15

Of course all that touring made us hungry for lunch.  Drove out to the next rocky coast point of land to the town of Corea.   The Corea wharf has picnic tables on the end of the big dock, lobster that just came in from the boats. Had to have yet another lobster roll of course.  😉 

Then Bucky was able to score a Maine Wild Blueberry pie they nicely warmed up for him, with a scoop of vanilla on top.  Yum!  😋

20210720_111834.jpg

20210720_112027.jpg

20210720_112010.jpg

20210720_113543.jpg

• Like 11

@dani negreanuIf anyone is looking for a pointy toed shoe, look no further. 

I really like the brown one with the golden "sunshine" design.  Let me know when the other one is ready!

@island ladyI'll pass on the lobster and take two of the blueberry pie.  My MIL made a blueberry pie for dessert two weeks ago.  I haven't had blueberry in years and have never tried myself.  Apple is more my thing. It might have been my son's first time and he is 31.  He was pleasantly surprised at just how good it was.  He can be a bit skeptical and I'm guessing he has missed out on other yummy things.  Maybe he will be a bit more open minded from now on. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Sending you happy birthday wishes for Saturday Lenny and prayers for your dear wife's surgery on Monday.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful!    He is very talented.   I would love to wear some of these.   See if he can do a pair? 🤩

1 hour ago, Sheal said:

@dani negreanuIf anyone is looking for a pointy toed shoe, look no further. 

I really like the brown one with the golden "sunshine" design.  Let me know when the other one is ready!

Thank you. I'm in constant awe at the "out of box" art going around me.

I'm a late sleeper, and DH is an early one.... I wake up to yet another "invention" and I just gape.... How does he do it????

I didn't post all the collection, and some of the shoes we gifted to friends and they're proudly displayed in their living rooms.... Most of the time, he doesn't part from his "creations", not eager at all to sell.

@Sheal  That's my 2nd favorite. The 1st is the one with a "box of jewels" heel.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Of course all that touring made us hungry for lunch.  Drove out to the next rocky coast point of land to the town of Corea.   The Corea wharf has picnic tables on the end of the big dock, lobster that just came in from the boats. Had to have yet another lobster roll of course.  😉 

Then Bucky was able to score a Maine Wild Blueberry pie they nicely warmed up for him, with a scoop of vanilla on top.  Yum!  😋

20210720_111834.jpg

20210720_112027.jpg

20210720_112010.jpg

20210720_113543.jpg

The lobster roll looks great, but that pie steals the show.  Blueberry pie is my favorite.  And pumpkin pie. Oh, and apple pie. Hmmm, maybe I don’t have a favorite?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1