Is the Koningsdam heading back to the Caribbean

rjbean4

so excited to see this ship heading west.  I have a B2B on her in Sept ding the last run in Alaska and then coastal to San Diego.

Hope I get to go.  But this thread helps me remember the trip I took going west in new locks on the NCL Bliss in 2018.

and I am glad a link was provided a couple pages back for all the locks so I can bookmark.

• Like 1

I am taking photos with phone to remember this by.   Just like I did a couple of weeks ago when Ovation of the Seas met the sister Spectrum for the first time in Sydney.

It is fun to have these screen shots on my phone.  Also took photos of NCL Escape meeting NC  Encore in NYC harbor for the first time in 2019

I like all the cruise lines and home we all get back soon.

HAL cc has been the most interesting with the Zaandam and Rotterdam PC passing as well as helping and following Kindergirl get her parents home.

Yup HAL boards have been more interesting and now this PC crossing of K Dam.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

too bad no cameras in the lake for us to watch.  wondering if K dam has webcam of bow on?

I'm sure the bow and stern cams are on, but I've never known them to be fed to web from any HAL ship.

5 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

too bad no cameras in the lake for us to watch.  wondering if K dam has webcam of bow on?

The cameras on board the ship are not possible for us. The next camera we will ant to check out is the Pedro Miguel lock from up on the hill overlooking the lock. When K gets there she will show up off to the right as she then heads for the Cocoli lock on the Pacific side.

https://multimedia.panama-canal.com/index.html

Edited by rjbean4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Crazy For Cats said:

That was very interesting to watch.  Thanks for the link!

Don't forget that she will do this again on the Pacific side. Just keep a eye on her progress on MarineTraffic.com  so you will know when she get there.

• Like 1

This is where to look for her on the Pedro Miguel cam.  This is NCL Joy heading for the Cocoli Locks.  We could hardly see the Z & R when they passed because it was night, and they were not showing lights.  We've never had that explained...

enhance

Just now, catl331 said:

No, the eight forward ones on each side are never used as tenders, only as lifeboats.

The only time I've ever seen that type of boat used as a tender was when Oasis of the Seas took a sick crew member to Fort Lauderdale.  Otherwise, never.

Roy