Cruises Cancelled Through End of June

mrlevin

Notice now on website; I am still curious as to when they will cancel the entire Alaskan season, Cunard just cancelled their Alaskan season yesterday.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of voyages embarking through June 30, 2020. We plan to recommence operations beginning July 1, 2020. For more information for impacted guests on these voyages, click here.

Edited by mrlevin

Just checked my Regent account for our May 18th cruise and discovered some of our information missing.  Our May trip no longer lists our suite and deck numbers nor our category.  In addition, all our tours and dining reservations have been removed.  Checked American Airlines account and flight is still listed as Pending.  Think our TA should be hearing from Regent fairly soon.  

Mrlevin,

Just saw your new post after I posted mine.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Regent has not posted the information to their website in the U.S. yet or I just haven't found it yet.  But I will pass this information onto my TA so she can contact Regent and inquire.  

Regent website confirms all cruises cancelled thru June.  I attempted to receive a refund but they say I’m not entitled to a refund.  I called my agent a Regent, I’m sure it will be busy day for them

Definitely confirmed on the Regent website.  Our TA is going to be busy today, but she had already contacted me about what I wanted to do (refund or 125% credit plus credit for the days we would have sailed) as she knew this was coming.

Our May 22nd Regent sailing was to be our first Regent cruise. While we certainly knew it would be cancelled, we are still disappointed. Hopefully, there will be another opportunity next year to take that cruise. Sadly, it really does look less and less like there will be any cruises sailing anytime in the near future. It would not surprise me if the there are no cruises for the remainder of 2020.

From the Regent website:

With COVID-19 impacting communities and ports around the globe, and after collaboration with local, state, federal and global agencies, we extended our voluntary temporary suspension of voyages worldwide to include sailings embarking through June 30, 2020.

Active reservations on these canceled sailings as of April 10, 2020:
Seven Seas Splendor – May 12
Seven Seas Voyager – May 11
Seven Seas Navigator – May 11

Active reservations on these canceled sailings as of April 24, 2020:
Seven Seas Splendor — May 21, May 28, June 4, June 16, June 26
Seven Seas Explorer — May 18, May 30, June 11, June 23, June 30
Seven Seas Voyager — May 23, June 4, June 14, June 24
Seven Seas Mariner — May 17, June 4, June 17, June 24
Seven Seas Navigator — May 22, June 5, June 15, June 30

Guests with active reservations on these cancelled sailings as of the dates listed above have been provided with a 125% Future Cruise Credit* of the amount paid, which can be applied to an existing reservation or any new reservation made within one year for a Regent voyage between now and December 31, 2022. Future Cruise Credits can be applied to multiple reservations. In addition, guests who choose the Future Cruise Credit option will also receive credit for the full nights of their cancelled voyage as part of the Seven Seas Society loyalty program.

Or, if eligible guests who have paid in full prefer a refund rather than the Future Cruise Credit, we will provide these guests with a 100% refund of the amount paid. Refund requests can be submitted via the form below.

Guests with active reservations canceled on April 10 must submit refund requests no later than April 29, 2020.
Guests with active reservations canceled on April 24 must submit refund requests no later than May 8, 2020.

*Government taxes and fees, trip insurance, and any pre-purchased items such as Regent Choice excursions or Culinary Arts Kitchen classes will be refunded. The remaining amount paid will be refunded in the form of a 125% Future Cruise Credit. Some terms may vary by country.

4 hours ago, flossie009 said:

From the Regent website:

With COVID-19 impacting communities and ports around the globe, and after collaboration with local, state, federal and global agencies, we extended our voluntary temporary suspension of voyages worldwide to include sailings embarking through June 30, 2020.

Active reservations on these canceled sailings as of April 10, 2020:
Seven Seas Splendor – May 12
Seven Seas Voyager – May 11
Seven Seas Navigator – May 11

Active reservations on these canceled sailings as of April 24, 2020:
Seven Seas Splendor — May 21, May 28, June 4, June 16, June 26
Seven Seas Explorer — May 18, May 30, June 11, June 23, June 30
Seven Seas Voyager — May 23, June 4, June 14, June 24
Seven Seas Mariner — May 17, June 4, June 17, June 24
Seven Seas Navigator — May 22, June 5, June 15, June 30

Guests with active reservations on these cancelled sailings as of the dates listed above have been provided with a 125% Future Cruise Credit* of the amount paid, which can be applied to an existing reservation or any new reservation made within one year for a Regent voyage between now and December 31, 2022. Future Cruise Credits can be applied to multiple reservations. In addition, guests who choose the Future Cruise Credit option will also receive credit for the full nights of their cancelled voyage as part of the Seven Seas Society loyalty program.

Or, if eligible guests who have paid in full prefer a refund rather than the Future Cruise Credit, we will provide these guests with a 100% refund of the amount paid. Refund requests can be submitted via the form below.

Guests with active reservations canceled on April 10 must submit refund requests no later than April 29, 2020.
Guests with active reservations canceled on April 24 must submit refund requests no later than May 8, 2020.

*Government taxes and fees, trip insurance, and any pre-purchased items such as Regent Choice excursions or Culinary Arts Kitchen classes will be refunded. The remaining amount paid will be refunded in the form of a 125% Future Cruise Credit. Some terms may vary by country.

Find it extremely interesting they are continuing their voluntary temporary suspension of voyages when on April 18 the CDC issues a No Sail Order restricting sailing into or out of all US ports for 100 day, until the CDC removes the Pandemic designation or the order is modified.  The 100 days ends on July 27, 2020.

• Like 1

Regent could have moved their ships out of U.S. waters and resumed cruising in other parts of the world.  They choose to cancel cruises but were not forced to.  As others have said, many people would have been happy with a cruise to nowhere.  IMHO, Regent made the right choice.

• Haha 3

Our TA called Regent this morning, we took the FCC of 125% and booked a new cruise for November.  TA said Regent will holding everything until FCC is processed and at that time they will apply it to the new cruise/air.  Does anyone have an idea how long it take for the FCC to be processed?  

We booked a cruise with FCC’s about a week after our March 14th cruise was cancelled.  Regent had yet to process our FCC’s because they have to be calculated by hand and there were limited people that could do this (this was before they went to a 4-day workweek).  Although they hadn’t processed our FCC’s, they were able to put a hold on our suite.

About 3 weeks later we realized that the newly booked May cruise would likely be cancelled, so we cancelled the May cruise and booked a January 2021 cruise.  By then, the FCC’s were calculated and were applied to the January cruise.  We still owe money on that cruise but, so far, we have not paid a dime out of pocket.

4 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Regent could have moved their ships out of U.S. waters and resumed cruising in other parts of the world.  They choose to cancel cruises but were not forced to.  As others have said, many people would have been happy with a cruise to nowhere.  IMHO, Regent made the right choice.

Where? The entire world is going through the same issues. I don't think they had much of a choice otherwise they would have done so

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pappy1022 said:

Where? The entire world is going through the same issues. I don't think they had much of a choice otherwise they would have done so

The entire world is not closed but I was thinking of a cruise to nowhere (not my idea but an interesting one).   

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

The entire world is not closed but I was thinking of a cruise to nowhere (not my idea but an interesting one).   

A cruise to nowhere would be great. But where do you leave from and how do you get there?  As far as cruising is concerned, the entire world is closed. Regent had absolutely no choice.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

IMO, as others have said, Regent had no choice but to cancel the cruises they had scheduled through to the end of June; they were forced into this decision by worldwide circumstances.

Intrigued by your idea that Regent could have resumed cruising elsewhere in the world during May & June. Could you give some examples and explain how crew & passengers would have joined the ships?

From another thread it does appear that most Regent ships, and others from the NCLH fleet, have now left US waters; but simply in an attempt to repatriate crew members to their home countries, not with the intention of resuming cruises within the coming weeks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We don't know what their intentions are aside from getting some crew closer to home. That intention doesn't mean it is the only one. It is interesting to note that the ships are not in cold-storage yet...that is usually done if they are not expected to be used for the next 6-9+ months.

• Haha 1