Cruises Cancelled Through End of June

mrlevin

19 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

I am a Regent cheerleader. I drink wine, not koolaid.
All is not well, but we have lots of love in this home.  

Tough times are here now and hopefully will ease in the future. 
You are not a Regent cheerleader.... all you do is whine and complain.

Hope you can survive these tough times. We try hard. 
Sheila 

We see things the same way.  

• Like 2

Just now, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I wish we could stop sniping at each other.  People have different opinions, and the world situation is very stressful for all of us.  We're all in this together, and we all have our doubts, fears, hopes and dreams.

I wish the same but understand that there are some posters that post negativity on every thread.  Things change almost daily in the world of cruising but the negative comments stay the same.  There has to be something that is happening with Regent that is positive.  As you know, some of us have asked for calmness and cooperation on the Regent board.  There is nothing wrong with fear or doubts but it can be said in a kinder way (without putting down others to make your points).

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Regent has updated the "Travel Health Advisory" link on their website but left the "Apr 24, 2020" date on the link.  This is totally inappropriate and would not have happened if Jason O'Keefe were still at Regent.  

Marc

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Regent has updated the "Travel Health Advisory" link on their website but left the "Apr 24, 2020" date on the link.  This is totally inappropriate and would not have happened if Jason O'Keefe were still at Regent.  

Marc

So where IS Jason O'Keefe?

Marc

What I find to be curious is that by accident when looking for an Alaskan cruise for'21, I accidentally hit '20 for July and every cabin was showing as available other than the MS. This can't be true or can it?

3 minutes ago, fizzy said:

What I find to be curious is that by accident when looking for an Alaskan cruise for'21, I accidentally hit '20 for July and every cabin was showing as available other than the MS. This can't be true or can it?

Yes, it is true, and you can book one of them, pay in full, and get 125% FCC when it is eventually cancelled.  Worse that can happen is that cruise miraculously sails and you have to cancel and get 100% FCC.  If I didn't have so much money tied up in Regent I would do exactly that.

Marc

18 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Yes, it is true, and you can book one of them, pay in full, and get 125% FCC when it is eventually cancelled.  Worse that can happen is that cruise miraculously sails and you have to cancel and get 100% FCC.  If I didn't have so much money tied up in Regent I would do exactly that.

Marc

thank you for the reply and I think yours is a brilliant strategy...sadly. I guess that I am more mystified why they are keeping up this policy which will further clog up the cancel/refund process that is so aggravating to everyone. The 2020 season was clearly off the table at this point. I think we will wait on 2021.

1 minute ago, fizzy said:

I guess that I am more mystified why they are keeping up this policy which will further clog up the cancel/refund process that is so aggravating to everyone. 

You give them cash, they give you a piece of paper (or electrons) called a Future Cruise Credit. 

You give them cash, they give you a piece of paper (or electrons) called a Future Cruise Credit. 

There is a similar discussion ongoing on the Oceania board .....but those people are mad! A FCC wouldn't work for us due to the way we plan things but I think you are really astute with your game and I hope it works.

3 hours ago, fizzy said:

thank you for the reply and I think yours is a brilliant strategy...sadly. I guess that I am more mystified why they are keeping up this policy which will further clog up the cancel/refund process that is so aggravating to everyone. The 2020 season was clearly off the table at this point. I think we will wait on 2021.

Its called looking for cash flow

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BBWC said:

Oceania has now waitlisted all July cruises ( in advance of future cancellation). I would expect Regent to do the same in the near future.

I hope Regent, instead of cancelling month by month, just cancels entire European season and entire Alaskan season (if that is their eventual plan) and get it over with.

Marc

• Like 5

It is good to read FdR mapping out the plans for how the NCLH fleet will be brought back into service later this year.

On the back of the detailed information given by FdR in his recent interviews, I assume that Regent must now cancel all cruises for July & August, together with sailings for most of its ships in September.

It would be disingenuous for Regent and its agents to continue marketing and selling cruises that the company has no intention of operating.

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, flossie009 said:

It is good to read FdR mapping out the plans for how the NCLH fleet will be brought back into service later this year.

On the back of the detailed information given by FdR in his recent interviews, I assume that Regent must now cancel all cruises for July & August, together with sailings for most of its ships in September.

It would be disingenuous for Regent and its agents to continue marketing and selling cruises that the company has no intention of operating.

Based on what FdR said and the staged reopening,  it gives us a bit of insight into his thoughts.   It seems to be logical.   He mentions that to start with he might have a ship from each of the holdings company(Oceania, NCL, Regent) when they first relaunch and grow after that.   

Now here is where my speculation starts.   There are three HCLH ships that are going to be in Oakland.  They are the Oceania Regatta, Regent Mariner and Norwegian Jewel.   If they were going to relaunch, it would be good to have the resources together, so that they could use consistent protocols, retrieve workers to the same location, etc.   It is critical for the success of the company, they do a good job and would put their best resources in the one location.  The ships would traverse along the west coast in the beginning(eg August/September) and then expand from there as the year progresses.  If they are successful, then other ships will be launched with lessons learned being used in other locations. 

I would have thought that Miami might be the logical location for the relaunch.   However, the problem is that August/September is at the peak of hurricane season and that would not be the ideal backdrop to do your launch from.  

Would like to hear other ideas from people, as we have nothing else to do at this time but to speculate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tubeamps said:

Pure speculation, but I would think they would want to get Splendor and Explorer up and running first. They are the most modern and spacious and would seem to be a good choice.

Definitely speculation but I do hope that Splendor or Explorer launches first.  However, Mariner also has a lot of space and their hallways are considerably wider than on the newer ships.  

My concern for the relaunch dates is that, in some states, numbers of cases that were going down are now going up.  Washington state has been looked up to as a model for what to do right (and we are still pretty much limited to where we can go) but even our numbers are going up (as are deaths).   In order for schools to safely open and cruising to resume, the country as a whole needs to work together to contain this silent killer.

Note:  If people want to protest, they have the right but this should be done with masks and social distancing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My friends and I are VERY annoyed with Regent. They know that they are not cruising anywhere this summer but will not

go ahead and cancel cruises. We are booked on The Navigator... July 28 from Copenhagen to Amsterdam. The final payment was originally due in February but was delayed until May 29th. We all have deposits on this cruise and will not get it back unless we make final payment. Regent told my friend that they are only canceling cruises every 30 days. What a joke!!!

Unless we make final payment we will have our deposits put into a FCC. None of us want to fork over thousands of dollars

and have Regent in control of even more money. We don't want any FCC as who knows if we will ever cruise again.

We are all very upset with Regent. Other cruise lines have already gone ahead and canceled their cruises into late fall.

I have two cruises booked with Regent in 2021 and make go ahead and cancel so I can get all my deposits back.

BAD business practices on Regents part!!! The last place any of us want to be is on a cruise ship. Even on a Regent one.

Way too many issues.

• Like 2

The last cancellation covered more like 60 days; I didn't expect mine to be covered (June 24) but it was.  So yours should be covered in the next round, whenever it happens.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:46 AM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I wish we could stop sniping at each other.  People have different opinions, and the world situation is very stressful for all of us.  We're all in this together, and we all have our doubts, fears, hopes and dreams.

I rarely post, but have definitely noticed an increase in “bashing”, rudeness, and strict policing of other postings by people other than moderators.  This site did not have that type of discourse late last year.  Hopefully, we can return to those respectful days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrstanley said:

My friends and I are VERY annoyed with Regent. They know that they are not cruising anywhere this summer but will not

go ahead and cancel cruises. We are booked on The Navigator... July 28 from Copenhagen to Amsterdam. The final payment was originally due in February but was delayed until May 29th. We all have deposits on this cruise and will not get it back unless we make final payment.

So,  Regent, knowing there was a problem at the time, delayed your final payment.  That seems fair.  

Regent told my friend that they are only canceling cruises every 30 days. What a joke!!!

Unless we make final payment we will have our deposits put into a FCC. None of us want to fork over thousands of dollars

Let me share why I am not upset with Regent for only canceling cruise every 30 days.  They are required to refund monies within 90 days.  Due to this virus - that is affecting the economy worldwide, they cannot process refunds for 2-6 months worth of cruises.  The same employees are likely processing FCC’s.  The CEO of NCLH has indicated that cruises will likely not resume until the Fall of 2020 so you pretty much know that your cruise will be cancelled.  So, your cruise will be cancelled in June and you will receive your refund within 90 days after that.

and have Regent in control of even more money. We don't want any FCC as who knows if we will ever cruise again.

You should not have to receive FCC’s if you wait until Regent cancels.

We are all very upset with Regent. Other cruise lines have already gone ahead and canceled their cruises into late fall.

I have two cruises booked with Regent in 2021 and make go ahead and cancel so I can get all my deposits back.

BAD business practices on Regents part!!! The last place any of us want to be is on a cruise ship. Even on a Regent one.

Way too many issues.

I expect  that most of the world is angry, furious, anxious, worried, etc. about this pandemic.  The world as we knew it, no longer exists.  This is not caused by Regent or any other company yet sometimes it is easier to blame this issue on Regent - a company that was successful in January and was falling apart in April.

Comments are below your paragraphs above.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think perhaps mrstanley is upset because he has two choices --  cancel now and be subject to a penalty, not getting his full deposit back OR make the final payment now, investing much more of his money in Regent with no interest and having to wait until 90 days after Regent finally decides to cancel to hopefully get it back.  Many would have argued there was a real chance he might never get it back, although less so now with the cash infusion.

I also think that Regent should go ahead and cancel all the segments that they have already decided not to sail, especially now that the cash flow issue is presumably no longer any excuse.  Perhaps if they have some financial statements being released this week as mrlevin mentioned above, then soon after that they will do a major announcement of cancellations like Seabourn did. 

IMO, cash flow was the primary reason for them dragging their heels, although I know that some disagree.  If they have to bring a few people back up to full time temporarily to make the refunds happen, it would seem worth it to me for customer good will.  I think they should do that anyway, to get the refunds out faster than 90 days now that they have solved the cash issue.

Edited by SusieQft
  • Like 4