Bye Bye Molly

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Ellen's use of a halo is a long standing joke around here

Molly is Ellen, not to be confused with Molly who took over from Millie??

Being a part-time newbie (relatively speaking), the struggle is real.

EDIT: I guess pics of Molly are a no-no.

Edited by HBE4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Molly is Ellen, not to be confused with Molly who took over from Millie. 

Being a part-time newbie (relatively speaking), the struggle is real.

EDIT: I guess pics of Molly are a no-no.

Not for some

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, mugtech said:

How come I didn't get a letter?  Would have been Diamond next month if it weren't for all these cancelled cruises.  Not that I need more useless covid-19 junk mail.

Didn't get it either. Who knows how these mailblasts are sent out.

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

If they sail ships at 50% for long they might as well just pack it in now.

All the negative press will have put a lot of potential new cruisers off cruising.

They will only be wooed by loss making cheap prices,free All Inclusive etc.

The sheer number of C&A members who are willing to stay loyal for the perks now and pay money making prices for RC cruises makes financial sense to me especially in the short term when cruising starts up again.

Longer term they will probably continue to chip away at C&A perks.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, radarcruiser said:

Honestly, IF they were thinking about doing away (or paring back) the C&A program, they probably missed their opportunity when the ships were full and they didn't need us as bad.  It would be very poor timing to alienate your most loyal customers at this critical time.  We are likely to be the first customers to return and help them rebuild.  They need us now.

+1.

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe not. Everytime RCI enhances the cruise experience it seems to involve more money out of my pocket.😇

Lol,their idea of enhancing my cruise experience by taking away benefits is totally different to my idea of what they should do to enhance my cruise experience.

• Like 2

Very badly written letter, not clear if she was sacked, made redundant or resigned.
Why would you want to make a big announcement about the departure of one employee when you’ve got rid of 25%? 

And at times like this do you really want to diss your most loyal customers?  I think they got rid of the LCV loyalty team at Azamara too. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

They have cut at least 25% of their land staff.

Lot of this overhead like the will never come back, like everywhere Companies subcontract. Can see Crown and Anchor doing same. Similar where I grew up General Motors employed 50K workers to build 300-500K cars a yr. Now 40yrs later they build 550-600K cars a yr with less then 4K workers. Lot Automated but half parts are built in Mexico and Asia and they now just Assemble the cars. Schools I went to in Michigan had couple Janitors, many Bus Drivers, now Contract Companies. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

10 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Lot of this overhead like the will never come back, like everywhere Companies subcontract. Can see Crown and Anchor doing same. Similar where I grew up General Motors employed 50K workers to build 300-500K cars a yr. Now 40yrs later they build 550-600K cars a yr with less then 4K workers. Lot Automated but half parts are built in Mexico and Asia and they now just Assemble the cars. Schools I went to in Michigan had couple Janitors, many Bus Drivers, now Contract Companies. 

Happens a lot in the UK with some people classed as self employed,agents contractors etc so companies are not lumbered with employment laws.

Edited by grapau27