FTTF withdrawn

Purvis1231

10 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Or it could mean that new boarding rules might invalidate that whole program,which would make sense. Remember, things aren't going to be the same.

This makes sense.  As long as I am able to go on a cruise, then I will just be happy to get on the ship...:)

25 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Or it could mean that new boarding rules might invalidate that whole program,which would make sense. Remember, things aren't going to be the same.

Could be the case.  I checked our three upcoming cruises beginning in September and none of them even show it as an option.  It usually shows up and says "sold out" if it is not available.  It is not even showing up.  Just has airport transfers listed.

• Like 1

I just bought it today for our July sailing.  It has disappeared and come back.  But damn...I would be sad if it goes away.  I really took advantage of the priority guest services.

Edited by LotusLane

3 minutes ago, LotusLane said:

I just bought it today for our July sailing.  It has disappeared and come back.  But damn...I would be sad if it goes away.  I really took advantage of the priority guest services.

Be prepared for MANY,MANY,MANY changes to be implemented.

• Like 2

If you travelled much prior to 9/11 then you recall how drastically things changed - and none of it for the better.  

This will also give the cruise lines the opportunity to make changes they’ve been eyeing but knew they couldn’t get away with prior to the pandemic.  There is always opportunity in confusion. 

• Like 4

I don’t recall the exact wording, but JH recently said something along the lines that FTTF is currently not available for all cruises and updated boarding procedures would be announced at some point (someone might be able to post exactly what he said). My guess is whatever boarding process they implement, it will no longer include priority boarding for FTTF, Diamonds, Platinums and Suites. I think they will process passengers at the terminal by appointment times only and they will strictly enforce appointment times. Keep in mind this is just my opinion, it could be far from what is actually implemented, hopefully sooner than later. 

1 hour ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

If you travelled much prior to 9/11 then you recall how drastically things changed - and none of it for the better.  

This will also give the cruise lines the opportunity to make changes they’ve been eyeing but knew they couldn’t get away with prior to the pandemic.  There is always opportunity in confusion. 

Certainly true.  It would give them a good opportunity to cut back on priority boarding like it appears they have wanted to do.  Of course, it would be "in the interest of safety."

11 minutes ago, bamaone said:

It would make a sense to delay boarding until rooms are available for passengers. The mass of people crammed onto the Lido deck is way to non distancing.

There cannot be any type of effective 'social distancing' on a cruise ship. It would be an impossible task, IMO. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Could be the case.  I checked our three upcoming cruises beginning in September and none of them even show it as an option.  It usually shows up and says "sold out" if it is not available.  It is not even showing up.  Just has airport transfers listed.

Back in late Dec., there was a glitch on the website that caused all of the excursions for booked cruises to disappear for a few hours. When they came back, the method of displaying FTTF had changed. When it sold out, it no longer appeared in excursions as "sold out." It just didn't appear at all. It was still like that when we went on our cruise last month. Someone told me a couple days ago that theirs does currently appear as "sold out," so maybe Carnival changed it back to the way it was. I don't know.

We have one booked in January and FTTF doesn't show up for that one. I'm still not sure if it's simply not available yet or if it's sold out and not appearing. I'm not convinced they changed it back to showing up as sold out.

One thing I don't believe is that they are going to do away with FTTF. They've given no indication that that will happen. Just more baseless speculation, as far as I'm concerned. They wouldn't eliminate FTTF just to cut back on high numbers of priority passengers, like someone suggested, because FTTF is a huge money maker for Carnival. I don't see them getting rid of such a profitable cash cow. Maybe it could possibly be a temporary thing for when they come back (because of the priority boarding portion of it) but until I see something official, I don't take all of the speculation very seriously. I don't follow JH, nor do I visit his fb page, but I did go and look at his posts for the past couple weeks and saw nothing about FTTF or priority boarding being halted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just saw where the FTTF I had purchased for our cruise in December has disappeared. Did I get a refund or notification, No! So, I will just add that to the refunds I still haven’t received from our April cruise that was cancelled in March!

2 minutes ago, cindik said:

I just saw where the FTTF I had purchased for our cruise in December has disappeared. Did I get a refund or notification, No! So, I will just add that to the refunds I still haven’t received from our April cruise that was cancelled in March!

I had purchased Cheers and it completely disappeared from my booking.  I called Carnival and they said it's attached to my booking number but couldn't understand why it's not in my account for viewing.  The agent just sent me an email confirming that the Cheers purchased is connected to my account.  Perhaps this is what happened with your FTTF purchase.  

5 minutes ago, LotusLane said:

I had purchased Cheers and it completely disappeared from my booking.  I called Carnival and they said it's attached to my booking number but couldn't understand why it's not in my account for viewing.  The agent just sent me an email confirming that the Cheers purchased is connected to my account.  Perhaps this is what happened with your FTTF purchase.  

This happened to me too, it was there right after I purchased Cheers during the 20% off sale but disappeared. I contacted my PVP today for a price drop and asked him to check to see if the Cheers was still in my booking and it is. I presumed it was a computer glitch, Carnival.com is infested with them, lol! 

10 minutes ago, LotusLane said:

I don’t think so, it was previously being shown on booking and ordering details, and on the luggage tags. I am ok with them cancelling it, but at least notify me and issue refund. 

1 minute ago, cindik said:

I don’t think so, it was previously being shown on booking and ordering details, and on the luggage tags. I am ok with them cancelling it, but at least notify me and issue refund. 

Are you able to see it on your boarding pass (if you already completed check in)?  I purchased FTTF a year ago and it was never on my luggage tags.  The 2nd room that I booked, I just bought FTTF today for it and the only thing that changed for my booking was the boarding zone.  It from went a reg zone number to FTTF.  The luggage tag still did not have the logo.  I was going to put the logo on the luggage tags myself.  Of course, my case could be different from yours.  I would call Carnival and ask what happened to it.  

3 hours ago, Joe817 said:

There cannot be any type of effective 'social distancing' on a cruise ship. It would be an impossible task, IMO. 

I think it could be done if you significantly reduce the number of passengers per cruise. I live in Florida and our governor just announced today that restaurants could reopen May 4th in most parts of the state with no more than 25 percent of their capacity allowed inside the restaurant. If cruise ships did something similar I think it would be possible to implement social distancing on a ship. Of course the big question Is what percentage of your capacity (for any business) do you need to at least break even short term. 

Yes- my experience too. I have a booking in late October and FTTF isn’t even a choice. You’re right- if sold out, it says so usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is my first post since I joined and started reading CC forums, so please forgive me if I am too-wordy about FTTF.   I have a September cruise scheduled (crossing my fingers) on Magic.  This is my third cruise and looking forward to cruising several times a year, depending on work and family obligations.  With my second cruise, I was able to purchase FTTF, so I had been planning and was hoping to do the same for this Sept cruise.  I purchased this cruise in very early March and kept looking periodically for the FTTF and actually missed it twice (yes, twice).  Now, this is the confusing part because it showed up like before in the excursion section, but said "SOLD OUT" very quickly.  My youngest daughter, who got me hooked on cruising (bless her!), kept telling me to look for it after the final payment date because that is when it is most-likely available.  I had even talked myself out of buying or needing it.  Then, one morning, in mid-March, around 5:30 I woke and thought I would quickly check.  I was shocked when it showed in my "Suggestions for you" area.  So, of course, I grabbed it, completely forgetting that I had rationalized not needing it.  After reading some posts here, I just rechecked and it shows in my itinerary and booking information.  I am in a very high-stress profession and cruising is the perfect vacation for me - where I can enjoy time with family/friends, meeting a variety of wonderful people, sight-seeing,  and experiencing delicious food and great entertainment - while having a stress-free vacation.  I am not sure why the random times for FTTF occurred, but happy to have it and so excited to (hopefully) cruise in September.   HTH.   Take care and be safe, everyone.  

• Like 1