Time to move over

Grandma Cruising

Just posting to let you all know that I’ve decided that now is the time for me to leave my role as the host of the Azamara forums. I’ve enjoyed the last 3 years looking after these boards, trying my best to provide help and information to fellow Azamara cruisers, but now feels like the right time to move over and let someone else take over.

I’d like to say thanks to all of you for your support and for all your contributions to the boards. I will, of course, continue as a member of cruise critic so you’ll still see my posts. I’ll also be happy to keep the Azamara Upgrades spreadsheet up to date if there are any new posts in the topic - although this may well have run its course!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

Denise,

Your contributions to the forums have been too numerous to count. I could never have maintained the composure and self-control that you have exhibited through the many confrontations here. Thank you so much!

Jerry

Edited by Rabo
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Rabo said:

Denise,

Your contributions to the forums have been too numerous to count. I could never have maintained the composure and self-control that you have exhibited through the many confrontations here. Thank you so much!

Jerry

Thank you for your kind words.

Dear Denise,

I am so sad to learn of your 'retirement'. 😢  I will very much miss your attentive moderation of our Cruise Critic forum.

You've always been fair, familiar with our product and policies, and on top of each thread & roll call for our brand. You will be missed by many. 

Thank you for your 3-years of service. I'll look forward to seeing your posts in the future, and to someday sailing with you onboard Azamara!

Enjoy your retirement 🎉

Fondly,

Bonnie

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Wish you all the best in life and in future cruising someday!

is there a new host ?  I may have missed that?

Thanks - I think it may be a little while before anyone new starts in the role, but I’m sure it will be announced when they do.

Denise, you have done a sterling job for the last three years. As a community we have been so lucky to have you as our host.

Enjoy you retirement from Cruise Critic, you'll be a hard act to follow.

Hopefully we can cruise with you and Nick again in the not too distant future. 

• Like 2

Thanks for moderating this board in the last years. I have appreciated that you have let us discuss several issues without making posts disappear as sometimes happens on other boards, where moderators seem to be overprotective of the Cruise Line. Enjoy your “retirement “ and I hope you continue posting here.

Ivi

• Like 2

10 hours ago, norn iron said:

Denise, you have done a sterling job for the last three years. As a community we have been so lucky to have you as our host.

Enjoy you retirement from Cruise Critic, you'll be a hard act to follow.

Hopefully we can cruise with you and Nick again in the not too distant future. 

Thanks -  and it would be great to see you both onboard Azamara again.

You have been a constant presence on this board and the Azamara roll calls over the three years. I hope you can now enjoy your well earned rest. 

• Like 1

Denise, your help on these forums has been invaluable & we will miss your input enormously. Thank you for all you’ve done, enjoy the rest & stay safe.

Pat & Tony

• Like 1

Host Grandma,

You have had the unenviable misfortune to monitor this forum during the worst crisis cruising lines have faced in my memory. Even greater than the kerfuffle that erupted when Larry introduced the “more inclusive” policies. 😄

Throughout this you maintained a calm demeanour that softened the impact of some intemperate remarks that I posted. I appreciated that. The heat here never seemed to undermine your poise.

Thanks for shepherding this forum during this exceptionally challenging time, and for your posts that emphasized balance on these matters that challenged my optimism. And this was at a time when, for I’m certain a worrisome period, your SIL and daughter faced Covid challenges!

Thanks again. I look forward to your posts in your “civilian” role, especially those beautiful photos of your rambles along the Humber.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1