ONLY Post if you have a full refund from cancelled cruise since 3/10/20

Aulanis

My success story, also posted in the really long refund thread.

We were booked on the March 14 Sky Princess cruise:

• Feb 28 we cancelled (thinking we would only get 25% back plus money back for some incidentals, flights, etc)
  • Approx. March 13 we got the initial cancellation money back on our credit card (worked out to about 50% of our total spend on cruise+flights)
  • May 5 we got an email to fill out a form to choose: 100% cash + 100% FCC, or 225% FCC - we chose 100+100
  • Mid-May the FCC showed up on our Princess accounts
  • Last week the remainder of our money was refunded to our credit card (roughly 50% of our total spend)

We are happy campers, especially that we didn't need to hound anyone on the phone in order to get our refund.  It just required patience while Princess worked out all of their processes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Aulanis said:

I dont understand  - the higher value option is usually a LOT of  FCC and  maybe some cash  so cant see how if that was what you chose at first how you would be expecting a lot of cash back to be nervous about.

Well done anyway .

Yes, I agree but Princess originally told me that that option gave higher value for cruise fare but my ezair, shore

excursions, etc would be returned to my credit card. That amount was in excess of $7,000. and when I again

spoke to a rep they could not tell me where that money was let alone send me something in writing so I could

verify the transaction.  I realize that there was much confusion in the early days and I was not upset that I was

informed incorrectly, just made me uncomfortable enough to forgo the extra 25% FCC and get the entire amount

refunded now.  Do I think the money was there somewhere?  Yes.  Do I sleep a little better knowing I have the

control of my funds? Definitely.  I do think Princess is trying to do the right thing but I feel more comfortable and

will gladly accept lesser cruise credits to put this behind me.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We were booked for a Panama Canal cruise on the Caribbean Princess March 12, cruise was cancelled the night before departure, we got full refund of fare, taxes, insurance and fees plus a full fare credit on a future cruise to be used in the 12 months after cancellation.  Princess treated us very well, refund received a week after cancellation, but we did book directly with Princess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Final update: Refund/FCC Completed

Cruise date: 4/5 Regal

Cancelled: 3/12- by Princess (phase 1)

Option #2- selected 3/12

Refund received: 5/20 (credited back to credit card-by Princess)

FCC received: 6/1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cruise date Mar.14th, cancelled on Mar. 9th.  Agent offered me the two choices of refund and I selected full cc refund.  They told me they were giving refunds in order of cruise date bookings.  It's now June 2nd and I still have not received my cruise refund (got EZ airfare refund within a matter of weeks).  Agent doesn't answer my emails.  Getting nervous that I am out $5200

On 5/30/2020 at 4:08 PM, BrennerM said:

My success story, also posted in the really long refund thread.

We were booked on the March 14 Sky Princess cruise:

• Feb 28 we cancelled (thinking we would only get 25% back plus money back for some incidentals, flights, etc)
  • Approx. March 13 we got the initial cancellation money back on our credit card (worked out to about 50% of our total spend on cruise+flights)
  • May 5 we got an email to fill out a form to choose: 100% cash + 100% FCC, or 225% FCC - we chose 100+100
  • Mid-May the FCC showed up on our Princess accounts
  • Last week the remainder of our money was refunded to our credit card (roughly 50% of our total spend)

We are happy campers, especially that we didn't need to hound anyone on the phone in order to get our refund.  It just required patience while Princess worked out all of their processes.

I will keep my fingers crossed that this happens for me as well, as I am still out over $5000 and was on same ship as you.

6 minutes ago, Riverway said:

Cruise date Mar.14th, cancelled on Mar. 9th.  Agent offered me the two choices of refund and I selected full cc refund.  They told me they were giving refunds in order of cruise date bookings.  It's now June 2nd and I still have not received my cruise refund (got EZ airfare refund within a matter of weeks).  Agent doesn't answer my emails.  Getting nervous that I am out $5200

You can call Princess direct on this - 1-800-Princess and find out status.

I cancelled around the same time you did and I still don't have a refund either.

Edited by Coral

Success!

Cruise date March 14 Royal

Cancelled by me Mar 10

Cancelled by Princess Mar 12 Phase 1

Option #2 selected mid-March

Full refund to credit card today

FCC received end of May

• Like 3

OMG! The day has finally come where Princess gave me back all my refund on my two  credit cards! I was so closed in filing a  dispute for the 2nd CC that has the bigger balance. Feels like a big financial weight off my shoulder.

Cruise date was May 4th 2020 on Regal Princess(British isle cruise).

Princess cancelled it on the Phase 1 March 12th.

Option #2 selected in April.

Credit card #1(used for down payment and I disputed in May) show a final credit.

Credit card #2(used to paid the remaining cruise balance which consist of the cruise, all taxes and Princess EZ Air) got refunded on June 2nd.

FCC received late April.

The only thing I am waiting for now is:

1) For them to reimburse me(rebursement form from Princess, for the transportation cost which Isn't much. The payment would be by check. 

2) Refund for the deposit I made for the 2nd cruise which was  booked after the May 4th was cancelled. That cruise was suppose to be in August/Sept of this year. I disputed this one on my CC early on when I learned that Princess was dragging their feet and wanted to take early action in case they go bankrupt. 

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

Cruise - April 14 Emerald Hawaii

Princess cancelled March 12 Phase 1

Option 2

Full cruise and excursions refund credited to credit card today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just received our full refund today.

Cancelled-  March 12th

Sail date- April 6th

Credit received- June 4th

Just shy of 90 day wait 😞. But we got it. 😃

Edited by Chips401
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2020 at 4:45 AM, Coral said:

I cancelled around the same time you did and I still don't have a refund either.

Coral, after using the Princess number above, do I ask for a particular department?  I wanted to place a call to see if someone could tell me the status of our refund or at least tell me where we stood in the cue. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Coral, after using the Princess number above, do I ask for a particular department?  I wanted to place a call to see if someone could tell me the status of our refund or at least tell me where we stood in the cue. Thanks.

It is an automated menu.

I just said existing reservation and not working with a travel agent. Even though I did work with a travel agent.

Edited by Coral

36 minutes ago, Coral said:

It is an automated menu.

I just said existing reservation and not working with a travel agent. Even though I did work with a travel agent.

Thanks much.

On 6/2/2020 at 7:45 AM, Coral said:

Thanks.  Update.  Called Princess.  It seems somebody put the wrong code down for my choice of action and nothing had been done on my account.  Then they tried to say my refund was 50% and I said "No, I was offered 100%" which they then corrected.  They then said they had re-started the paperwork and I would have to wait but hopefully another month, not another three months.  I was told by Alliance insurance (purchased platinum insurance for this cruise) that they were no longer handling my case as Princess was offering full refunds and would also refund me the $500 I paid for insurance, but so far, no commitment on that one.  I will wait to see what happens when I get the money.  Would have considered rebooking with Princess when this was all over, but at this rate I am rapidly losing this perspective.  If things don't turn around quickly I will not be a return customer.

18 minutes ago, Riverway said:

Thanks.  Update.  Called Princess.  It seems somebody put the wrong code down for my choice of action and nothing had been done on my account.  Then they tried to say my refund was 50% and I said "No, I was offered 100%" which they then corrected.  They then said they had re-started the paperwork and I would have to wait but hopefully another month, not another three months.  I was told by Alliance insurance (purchased platinum insurance for this cruise) that they were no longer handling my case as Princess was offering full refunds and would also refund me the $500 I paid for insurance, but so far, no commitment on that one.  I will wait to see what happens when I get the money.  Would have considered rebooking with Princess when this was all over, but at this rate I am rapidly losing this perspective.  If things don't turn around quickly I will not be a return customer.

I did get a refund from Allianz insurance for my trip. I did have to send them some information. You may want to check to see if you have to send your insurance company any info. It took 2 weeks for me to get the refund from Allianz.

Sorry Princess screwed up but I am glad you called and got it corrected!

We finally got ours!!! I never called Princess or filed a CC dispute. 

Canceled 3/12/20

Cruise 3/15/20 Panama 

Requested Option 2 (100% Refund, 100% FCC) on 3/12/20

Received FCC on 4/9/20

Received email that FCC was available to use on 6/2/20 - I think this was the cash processed date? We had already applied the FCC to a new cruise back in April.

Received Cash refund to CC on 6/9/20 (Post date to credit card 6/5/20)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1