ONLY Post if you have a full refund from cancelled cruise since 3/10/20

Aulanis

21 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Maybe I shouldn't post for 2 reasons? (1) Princess canceled me March 8th not 10th (2) I got back 100% refund on March 12th so after March 10th but 50% FCC end of April instead of 100% FCC as Princess stated.  Close enough

HOWEVER on the 2nd half of the B2B that Princess canceled I'm still due $434.32 (and now 4k on the one I canceled recently)

I think you are ok to post here, since this thread has been off topic and is no longer "short". Glad you got something back. Long list of cancellations and refunds added yesterday.

• Like 1

We received our full refund in 7 days for our May 27 cruise that was canceled. Our online Travel Agency sent an email on April 21 asking if we preferred a Future Cruise Credit or Refund. We replied the same day we wanted a refund and it was credited to our American Express Card on April 28.

Edit: I just noticed this was in the Princess thread. I clicked on the link from the Timeline, which has the forum in very light print I did not see. My refund was from Royal Caribbean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JT1962 said:

We received our full refund in 7 days for our May 27 cruise that was canceled. Our online Travel Agency sent an email on April 21 asking if we preferred a Future Cruise Credit or Refund. We replied the same day we wanted a refund and it was credited to our American Express Card on April 28.

So happy for you!

All the best.

Be safe

Yes, I have received a refund of cruise that was supposed to start yesterday. I filled out the form on March 11th (or 12th?) and asked for a full refund. I received my refund to my debit card a couple weeks ago. I also received our 25% FCC which I have already applied to our cruise next February (that was an adventure). 

I got nervous and disputed our Ez-Air charges (completely separate from our cruise refund) with my bank. They ruled in my favor and gave me my money back. 

I also received a check for our hotel costs/airfare upgrades, etc.. via mail around the same time. 

At this point (and reading 50+ pages of comments) I have ZERO clue as to why I received a refund before people who had cruises before I did. ‘

Again, I did receive a refund for my cruise fare and separately I had disputed my EZ-Air charges which was ruled in my favor, two separate transactions.. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dearinger said:

Yes, I have received a refund of cruise that was supposed to start yesterday. I filled out the form on March 11th (or 12th?) and asked for a full refund. I received my refund to my debit card a couple weeks ago. I also received our 25% FCC which I have already applied to our cruise next February (that was an adventure). 

I got nervous and disputed our Ez-Air charges (completely separate from our cruise refund) with my bank. They ruled in my favor and gave me my money back. 

I also received a check for our hotel costs/airfare upgrades, etc.. via mail around the same time. 

At this point (and reading 50+ pages of comments) I have ZERO clue as to why I received a refund before people who had cruises before I did. ‘

Again, I did receive a refund for my cruise fare and separately I had disputed my EZ-Air charges which was ruled in my favor, two separate transactions.. 

Thank you for posting 

This gives hopes for others on this website. What cruise next Feb?

all the best

be safe

@dearinger

Excellent news!    I dont think my refund from a 10 March cruise has even got past

the first stage of checking as they tried to change the  %age of the refund

and also not happy that I took them at their word to get us home and pay the

costs.  Just hope the money doesnt run out before they get to mine 😉

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dog said:

Thank you for posting 

This gives hopes for others on this website. What cruise next Feb?

all the best

be safe

We are hoping that we will be taking a cruise from New Zealand to Australia for 11 days. Though after reading the reports from New Zealand saying that they may not open tourism to people outside of NZ/AUS until February of next year, I am kind of loosing hope... 

1 minute ago, dearinger said:

We are hoping that we will be taking a cruise from New Zealand to Australia for 11 days. Though after reading the reports from New Zealand saying that they may not open tourism to people outside of NZ/AUS until February of next year, I am kind of loosing hope... 

I have taken b2b Sydney to Queensland, Sydney around New Zealand return. Astronomy cruise. Amazing. A good use for that FCC & refund you got recently. 
truly appreciate you posting. My posts have been challenged repeatedly over this topic. Thanks dog

I was booked on the April 16 Sapphire Princess 16 day cruise from Singapore. Earlier in the year Princess changed the disembarkation port from Shanghai to Yokohama, a month after filing a claim I received reimbursement for this cost. I cancelled my cruise 2 days before the final payment was due, and coincidently 2 hours before Princess announced all the Sapphire cruises were cancelled. Despite jumping the gun, I ended up getting full compensation + 25% future cruise credit. I then submitted costs for cancelled airline tickets (actually redeposit fees for frequent flyer miles). Princess sent me a final check last week making me whole.

I'm sure they are overwhelmed with refund and expense requests. It took mid February cancellation to mid May to get all of my money back, but Princess did right by me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday my TA phoned to see if I wanted a refund of our deposit on a cancelled cruise (2nd July) or a FCC. If I wanted a refund it would have been available immediately, but as I had only paid $100 FCD, I opted for a FCC of the $100 + a bonus amount.

On our other cruise cruise (a 35-night cruise) we had paid the balance. This one hasn't come through yet.

• Like 1

Received full refund on 5/12/20 for our cancelled 5/2/20 cruise and received full refund for our 5/17/20 cruise on 5/13/20.  This was for Royal Caribbean Brillance of the Seas transatlantic and Baltic cruises b2b.

• Like 1

Yes I received a full refund for the two cabins booked on the April 4th Sky Princess as well as the two tours that we had previously paid for on my Princess Visa Card last December. Shortly after Princess cancelled our cruise we spoke to Princess and chose option 2. The FCC showed up in my personalizer not long after.

A call to Princess Visa customer service initiating a couple of case numbers resulted in refunds of a couple of thousand dollars.

It is not a difficult process people!

Do not assume your refunds are coming in a timely manner with little or no effort on your part.

1- Contact Princess

2- Contact your credit card company

Enjoy your refund

Howard

Edited by hm9912
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cancelled a fully paid June 2nd cruise on March 9th after Princess’s Cancellation Policy came out.  On March 11th I received what was suppose to be a total refund but it was $534.56 short.  On March 13th I called and talked with a Customer Service Representative and after about 45 minutes to an hour of her checking with various offices everyone agreed that a mistake was made and I should have received the total refund.  I was told that the $534.56 would be credited back to my credit card in 7 – 10 days.

After 30 days I called again was told that refunds were being worked on and they could not give me any further information.  I emailed very offices including Jan Swartz’s and the next day received a call from a representative of her office.  She confirmed everything that was done but told me that it was taking 60 days to get a refund.  She said that I would definitely receive the refund by May 12th (60 days from the date of the error correction.

On May 12th I called Jan Swartz’s office back and was told that they were still working and that they could not really do anything else.  I was Told quote: “It would be best to submit a credit card dispute is you really want your money back in a timely manner.”

On May14th I called my credit card company and we initiated a dispute.  I faxed them 9 pages of documents that related to everything that happened. 

Today, May 16th, the $534.56 has been credited back to my credit card.

• Like 2

I have had a complete refund,  for the diamond Princess cruise I was supposed to go on, on April 2nd.  They refunded my FCD to an old credit card, which was a bit annoying, i would have preferred the FCD back, but otherwise it all came back.  In fact, I came out $1850 in FCC ahead.

still waiting for a refund for the Alaska cruise that I should be on right now.  My TA says 12-14 weeks, so I am hoping it will arrive in 3 weeks or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trinitygirl said:

I have had a complete refund,  for the diamond Princess cruise I was supposed to go on, on April 2nd.  They refunded my FCD to an old credit card, which was a bit annoying, i would have preferred the FCD back, but otherwise it all came back.  In fact, I came out $1850 in FCC ahead.

still waiting for a refund for the Alaska cruise that I should be on right now.  My TA says 12-14 weeks, so I am hoping it will arrive in 3 weeks or so.

Happy for you.  
thanks for posting 

For March 14 Sky Princess western caribbean cruise, I received refund of full cruise fare and guest 1’s shore excursion  back to my CC account on May 13. I received refund of guest 2 & 3’s shore-ex  earlier this week. I am in the U.S.  I had asked for cash refund option on March 12 when Princess first cancelled the ‘Pause 1’ group of cruises.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We cancelled our March 14th Royal Princess cruise on March 11th.  The taxes, port charges and pre-paid excursion were back on my credit card in less than a week.

The 100% FCC was credited to our accounts on May 14th and the 100% refund to our credit card on May 22nd.  We are all square now.

Now just comes the long and painful wait until we can get back on a ship again.  At this point, it might not be until March Break 2022 on Discovery Princess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dfen74 said:

We cancelled our March 14th Royal Princess cruise on March 11th.  The taxes, port charges and pre-paid excursion were back on my credit card in less than a week.

The 100% FCC was credited to our accounts on May 14th and the 100% refund to our credit card on May 22nd.  We are all square now.

Now just comes the long and painful wait until we can get back on a ship again.  At this point, it might not be until March Break 2022 on Discovery Princess.

Amazing - I cancelled my March 14th Royal Princess cruise on March 10th and received NOTHING! Just goes to show there is no consistency in this process whatsoever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2020 at 11:13 PM, Aus Traveller said:

Once again, you have made an assumption without any proof. 🙂 It is likely Princess is working slowly through their refund process. We can hardly expect them to hire an enormous number of staff to process the refunds within days of the request being made.

Today we received an email from Princess regarding cancellation and refund for a cruise that was scheduled for 7th April. I am not getting my knickers in a knot that it is taking time for Princess to work through the process. 

You will most likely...2 months from now !  

31 minutes ago, dfen74 said:

31 minutes ago, dfen74 said:

happy for you. Thanks for posting. 

Edited by dog