ONLY Post if you have a full refund from cancelled cruise since 3/10/20

Aulanis

ONLY Post  if you have a full refund from cancelled cruise since 3/10/20

Should be a short thread   . . . . . . . .   crickets...............I think is the term in the US?

• Like 1

Yes, I have a full refund received by end of March. Why are you needing this? There has been no consistency in how and when people are receiving refunds,: to credit cards, FCC etc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe the better heading  would be : For those who had cruises canceled on March 12 who were due to sail for the next 60 days, did you receive a refund  yet ,versus “who received a refund since March 10.” 

Some keep weighing in who’ve already  received refunds, but their cruises were cancelled prior to the mass cancellation  of March 12, and that seems to be a source of confusion for some.   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 4cats4me said:

Maybe the better heading  would be : For those who had cruises canceled on March 12 who were due to sail for the next 60 days, did you receive a refund  yet ,versus “who received a refund since March 10.” 

Some keep weighing in who’ve already  received refunds, but their cruises were cancelled prior to the mass cancellation  of March 12, and that seems to be a source of confusion for some.   

I completely agree. It should be re-phrased to say "from the Pause on March 12". As some who had cruises before this did get a refund.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

Should be a short thread   . . . . . . . .   crickets...............I think is the term in the US?

You are right......there are thousands of Princess loyal cruisers who had their cruises canceled by Princess on March 12, 2020 and have received nothing but empty promises and no refunds.....it's hard to see how all the how the wonderful Princess corporate employees sleep at night after they have taken so much from so many with no intent to return it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We chose Option #1 for a cruise due to sail 3/13. We cancelled 3/9 but Princess included us in the 60-day pause group for purposes of choosing option #1 vs #2.  No FCC yet.  Taxes returned to credit card 3/9.

We did get the FCC on 4/21 for a 3/28 sailing cancelled by Princess. No refund of port taxes yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

You are right......there are thousands of Princess loyal cruisers who had their cruises canceled by Princess on March 12, 2020 and have received nothing but empty promises and no refunds.....it's hard to see how all the how the wonderful Princess corporate employees sleep at night after they have taken so much from so many with no intent to return it.

Once again, you have made an assumption without any proof. 🙂 It is likely Princess is working slowly through their refund process. We can hardly expect them to hire an enormous number of staff to process the refunds within days of the request being made.

Today we received an email from Princess regarding cancellation and refund for a cruise that was scheduled for 7th April. I am not getting my knickers in a knot that it is taking time for Princess to work through the process. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Once again, you have made an assumption without any proof. 🙂 It is likely Princess is working slowly through their refund process. We can hardly expect them to hire an enormous number of staff to process the refunds within days of the request being made.

Today we received an email from Princess regarding cancellation and refund for a cruise that was scheduled for 7th April. I am not getting my knickers in a knot that it is taking time for Princess to work through the process. 

Well said. 

• Like 1

As I see it only DOG should have posted here?  Its quite simple

ONLY people who have received  everything they expect.

Cash  and FCCs   and ROBC and Taxes & Port Fees and Additional  Travel expenses incurred.

The other threads have Thousands of posts from those who have not received some

part of their expected refund.   When /If this thread gets active I can think about

trying to get my refund which encompasses all the above except ROBC. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Cash  and FCCs   and ROBC and Taxes & Port Fees and Additional  Travel expenses incurred.

part of their expected refund.   When /If this thread gets active I can think about

Unfortunately on a public forum you don't get to call the shots. Even if you say you do 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Talk about no proof.....Princess is not working on anything but keeping people in the dark about their refunds no matter how many emails they send out.....you do not find it odd that they cannot tell anyone anything about when they will receive their refund when you call them.  

5 hours ago, Aulanis said:

7 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

Unfortunately on a public forum you don't get to call the shots. Even if you say you do 🙂

Also, I don't think the issue you really want to gather statistics on is the cash refunds to credit cards.  There are lots who have posted about receiving their FCC.  The consternation, anger and such is all about the CASH refunds.  A new thread to simply post that info might be useful and interesting as spotting a cash refund post in the myriad of other threads is like finding a needle in a haystack.

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Also, I don't think the issue you really want to gather statistics on is the cash refunds to credit cards.  There are lots who have posted about receiving their FCC.  The consternation, anger and such is all about the CASH refunds.  A new thread to simply post that info might be useful and interesting as spotting a cash refund post in the myriad of other threads is like finding a needle in a haystack.

I think when or if people start receiving full refunds there will be enough needles in the haystack that it won't be a problem finding them.

• Haha 1

Just to see how this refund process isn't working too well:  Today I received an email asking me to pick an option for a cruise I cancelled (CFAR) on Feb. 28.  The sail date was May 4.  The money was  already refunded on my credit card  back in Feb within 48 hrs. 

As of this morning I was still waiting for option 1 (FCC) for cruise that was to sail Apr 19.  The above email asking me for info on a cruise that was already refunded convinced me to change the option and get my money back.  As always the right hand of Princess doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Agree......for us it is the large amount of cash they said they would refund to us when they made their March 12, 2020 decision to cancel our cruise and then make the refund offer.  

18 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Employees are not to blame they do not make rules or policies. Now if you are talking upper management, that is a legitimate gripe!!  

• Like 1

There has to be something going on behind the scenes that is causing this delay. It does not take any longer to process a refund of a transaction back to a CC than it does to charge it in the first place. But for a refund what does have to exist is that the merchant have the $$$ in an account that can cause the funds to be returned to the CC Vendor. Remember when you place the initial charge your CC is loaning you the money paid to the merchant. Now the merchant has to return actual $$ to the CC, which they may or may not have available right now. 

• Like 2

Yes, got a partial refund.  Cancelled our May 9th cruise on March 10th, two days before it was officially cancelled by Princess.  Got close to 80% refunded to our credit card in a couple of days.  Still awaiting the rest.  Filled out the form for Option 2 on March 12th and then last night after getting an email from Princess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, drowelf said:

There has to be something going on behind the scenes that is causing this delay. It does not take any longer to process a refund of a transaction back to a CC than it does to charge it in the first place. But for a refund what does have to exist is that the merchant have the $$$ in an account that can cause the funds to be returned to the CC Vendor. Remember when you place the initial charge your CC is loaning you the money paid to the merchant. Now the merchant has to return actual $$ to the CC, which they may or may not have available right now. 

Enron....…..revisited.....operate today on future cruise deposits and payments...….and suddenly when that stops coming in and you have to return all that was paid and ALREADY spent by Princess the customer gets screwed...…..lets hope Princess and all the lines don't end up like Enron...….

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Talk about no proof.....Princess is not working on anything but keeping people in the dark about their refunds no matter how many emails they send out.....you do not find it odd that they cannot tell anyone anything about when they will receive their refund when you call them.  

No I do not find it odd that call centre staff cannot tell me when the Accounting Department will be processing my refund - out of the tens of thousands they have to handle. I would not waste their time or mine by calling.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2020 at 6:02 PM, Aulanis said:

On 5/6/2020 at 3:42 AM, Aulanis said:

thank you. I wasn’t sure I should post. 

lots going on now, except for cruises. 

• Like 1

Don't be so grumpy!!  Posts may go off topic but all can be either entertaining or educational or conversational! We all need something to do while in isolation. I for one am getting fed up with cleaning the house and eating too much! Never cooked/baked so much in my life!!  Not doing the waste line any good!

Incidentally-no refund of anything yet for a May 16 th cruise. Not expecting it for another month at least!

• Like 2

Maybe I shouldn't post for 2 reasons? (1) Princess canceled me March 8th not 10th (2) I got back 100% refund on March 12th so after March 10th but 50% FCC end of April instead of 100% FCC as Princess stated.  Close enough

HOWEVER on the 2nd half of the B2B that Princess canceled I'm still due $434.32 (and now 4k on the one I canceled recently)

• Like 1