ONLY Post if you have a full refund from cancelled cruise since 3/10/20

Aulanis

1 hour ago, CruzRamirez said:

For March 14 Sky Princess western caribbean cruise, I received refund of full cruise fare and guest 1’s shore excursion  back to my CC account on May 13. I received refund of guest 2 & 3’s shore-ex  earlier this week. I am in the U.S.  I had asked for cash refund option on March 12 when Princess first cancelled the ‘Pause 1’ group of cruises.

That’s great. Thanks for posting

For April 4 Sky Princess after choosing Option 2 received 25% FCC posted to Princess.com account and 100% refund, including port charges, taxes, fees, platinum insurance, and prepaid gratuities back to my credit card. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, muffydawg said:

For April 4 Sky Princess after choosing Option 2 received 25% FCC posted to Princess.com account and 100% refund, including port charges, taxes, fees, platinum insurance, and prepaid gratuities back to my credit card. 

Are you sure you received the correct FCC? I thought that during the first pause and based on your sailing date you were entitled to 50% FCC and full Cash refund with option #2?.

• Like 1

We had a May 2, 2020 cruise and selected option 2.  Our FCD that we used as deposit as well as the 25% FCC were credited to our Personalizer a couple of weeks ago, although they went through a short period of appearing and disappearing.

I used two credit cards to pay for the cruise.  One showed its portion  the refund as of Friday, and the other showed the rest of the refund as of this morning.  We have now been made whole.

I feel fortunate.

Edited by Cruisindad
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Finally, received a notice today that my credit card company ruled in my favor and I was awarded all of my money back for the fare I had paid Princess.  Dispute was filed April 28, 2020 and received notice after sending in all the documentation of charges and the insincere emails Princess sent me of when I would receive my refund......and I have the 25% FCC's in my Princess account also that were offered with Option #1.....YES!!!!

We cancelled our May 4, 2020 cruise on March 5th. After no refunds, we filed a credit card dispute on May 6th. We received full refund on May 22, 2020. I talked to  Chase and they stated Princess had been in touch with them after filing the dispute. Pleased with the refund. Good luck all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just got our refund today!   This has finally restored my confidence in Princess!  We had not contacted them or our credit  card, just decided to wait it out. So glad they came through!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Received our refund back to our credit card today. Chose option #2.  Was to be on the Grand 3/29.  Not disputed just waited it out.    Never any notification from anyone just kept checking credit card account everyday.

Everything refunded properly.  FCD was expired so that was credited back.

FCC credited back in April.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jase0581 said:

Received full refund yesterday for a May 2 cruise on the Ruby.  Still waiting on the 25% FCC. Did not dispute charge or contact Princess, just waited.

Would like to think that this means we will get ours soon for a May 16th cruise but the refunds seem to be all over the place. There are are folks waiting for March and April dates still!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmjc2 said:

Would like to think that this means we will get ours soon for a May 16th cruise but the refunds seem to be all over the place. There are are folks waiting for March and April dates still!

Yes we are waiting patiently for our May 16th cruise refund also.  Ironically, my princess rep. keeps calling to check on us when the last time she called I told her we would be better if we had our refund. 😂.  She assured me that refunds were being processed according to cancelation dates however not certain based on reports on cruise critic. Lol.

We received a FULL refund to our credit card on May 22.  We originally chose

the higher value option for May 4th sailing - filled out form on March 12.

But after waiting another 70+ days I was getting nervous of ever getting

$17,000. + from fare, air, shore excursions, etc.  May 15th I called and

Princess told me I would never get the refund back unless I chose the

25% option so I told them to change my request.  They immediately changed

my fcc balance to 25% and I received the full refund within a week.  The higher

fcc was nice as we have four more cruises scheduled but I was very nervous

about leaving $17,000. with no assurances as they could not even send me

anything in writing of what if any balance they were keeping for me.

My piece of mind was not worth the higher value option.

I hope more refunds start coming faster for all involved!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont understand  - the higher value option is usually a LOT of  FCC and  maybe some cash  so cant see how if that was what you chose at first how you would be expecting a lot of cash back to be nervous about.

Well done anyway .

Edited by Aulanis

18 hours ago, Bobmbob said:

Took option #1 on the 4/7 sailing of Island Princess back on March 12th. Got the 25% FCC, but no refund as of today!!!

When you say option#1 don't you mean option#2 for the refund? We were cancelled by Princess on April 14th when the cruise industry went into lockdown till July.

Our option's were 1---125 % FCC    or 2. ---Full refund to card.

Was it different back in March?

Still waiting by the way...