Cruise with confidence enhanced

4 minutes ago, brucefan21 said:

I'm sorry.  I don't seem to understand this. We had 8 cabins booked for a July 4th sailing.  With the state of the world and some older passengers we didn't feel comfortable paying in full and called at that time to ask if they were offering an opportunity to switch to next year at the same price.  They said no so we canceled.  Now, during the same CWC period they ARE offering this option but because we canceled we can't utilize this which is what we asked for in the first place?  How is this right?  

Because you didn't pay in full and canceled your reservation.  

That should be enough, but am guessing you want more.  They have enough to manage right now and going back to people who have already canceled with more options would cause an additional load on their already stretched thin resources.  They are doing whatever they can to keep customers with reservations happy while managing their cash flow.  I think they accomplished that with this new policy.

• Like 5

So  Ken, let me know if this works.  I book now for July 2020 and then before August 1, move it to next year, same ship and same time and same itinerary,and get the same price?  Seems too good to be true.  

1 minute ago, KsucAts said:

Because you didn't pay in full and canceled your reservation.  

That should be enough, but am guessing you want more.  They have enough to manage right now and going back to people who have already canceled with more options would cause an additional load on their already stretched thin resources.  They are doing whatever they can to keep customers with reservations happy while managing their cash flow.  I think they accomplished that with this new policy.

I understand I canceled however I was a customer during the same pandemic as everyone else.  The playing field should be the same for each and every customer.  We would have shifted eight cabins to the same cruise next year with just a deposit - just as hundreds of people are talking about doing right now.  So no I don't want more.  I want the same opportunity that everyone else in the same situation has.  I shouldn't be penalized because mine happened last month and someone else's happens now.  If anything it should have been what was offered when almost every state was basically on lockdown not when businesses are starting to reopen.  So please don't make it sound like I'm being greedy.  Canceling my cruise that we booked 18 months in advance was a big disappointment for all of us and this is a slap in the face.

Just now, lazydayz said:

So  Ken, let me know if this works.  I book now for July 2020 and then before August 1, move it to next year, same ship and same time and same itinerary,and get the same price?  Seems too good to be true.  

You've got it.  It can be a different ship.  Same length of sailing and same itininary

Does anyone know what happens if the stateroom category you're currently booked in isn't available on the ship you want to switch to?  We are booked on the Explorer in a promedade interior out of Rome.  Thinking of switching to the Odyssey.

• Like 1

Still no help for us, Cruise is Sepember 24th out of Bayonne, NJ..............Guess we just have to wait until August 1st , when those who think those sailings will happen doesn't happen and all the dates of no cruising goes for more months past August 1st.

Even that Lift and Shift won't help us, we have another cruise already set to Alaska, same month September 2021 on another cruiseline.

Oh well, sit and watch.

We are scheduled for the same cruise out of Bayonne, I’m hoping it happens, but I’m just sitting and waiting to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now that HAL and Princess have cancelled the rest of their  2020 Canada, Alaska, and Europe cruises - it makes sense why RCI wants people to move their cruises to a year later!  RCI's announcement regarding similar cancellations can't be far behind, and they want as many people as possible to move their cruises so that refunds are no longer an option.

3 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Now that HAL and Princess have cancelled the rest of their  2020 Canada, Alaska, and Europe cruises - it makes sense why RCI wants people to move their cruises to a year later!  RCI's announcement regarding similar cancellations can't be far behind, and they want as many people as possible to move their cruises so that refunds are no longer an option.

A refund is still an option until the new final payment date comes up.

4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Isn't it!!!  I wonder who came up with the idea.  They need to keep him/her around.

They need to put him in charge of the IT dept. after this is all over

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

A refund is still an option until the new final payment date comes up.

Only if the deposit is refundable. I was referring to refunds of the soon-to-be-cancelled 2020 cruises.

Edited by NancyIL

14 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

I was told it was avaiable if it's cancelled by royal. 

That would be great news it just wasn’t mentioned on any of the FAQ’s released today as there has been no update as to what  policies would apply to the next round of cancelled sailings. 

So I'm torn... We have a cruise booked for Thanksgiving 2020. That's 6.5 months from now. I'm not ready to assume it will get cancelled but the lift and shift is only good thru Aug1st right? So does that mean if I hold out and in September/October we feel cruising won't be ready by November, I've missed the chance to move it to Nov 2021?

2 minutes ago, jrapps said:

So I'm torn... We have a cruise booked for Thanksgiving 2020. That's 6.5 months from now. I'm not ready to assume it will get cancelled but the lift and shift is only good thru Aug1st right? So does that mean if I hold out and in September/October we feel cruising won't be ready by November, I've missed the chance to move it to Nov 2021?

As the policy sits today, yes you would miss out. 

7 minutes ago, jrapps said:

But you can move it now, you will just pay the difference in the cost of the cruise you move it to if the cruise is higher priced. If same price no foul if lower, you just pay lower for your new cruise.

Edited by Jimbo

7 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

@Ourusualbeach

Can I move a September 2021 Liberty out of Galveston to a 2021 Allure out of PC?

We only booked Liberty because Allure was about 1,5 tlmes the price!

No.  Cruises must be a year +/- 4 weeks apart 

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

But you can move it now, you will just pay the difference in the cost of the cruise you move it to if the cruise is higher priced. If same price or lower no foul.

If he moves it now it is price protected as I am understanding this.