Cruise with confidence enhanced

1 hour ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Some reps have asked for a phone number before being put on hold... might be a good idea to offer one in case you get disconnected if they don't ask.

After an hour on the phone and a fading phone battery, I asked if the CSR would call me back if we were disconnected.  He told me they are not allowed to.

5 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Our Sept. 7th Vision, BCN to NJ was originally 13 nights & RC changed to 11 nights.  I don't see any cruises that this can be switched to.  Vision doesn't return from BCN till Oct. 20, 2021 - 13 nights.

NJ 

Thanks for the update.  Sounds like people definitely need (possibly several times)to call as exceptions are sometimes being made.

I would be a lot easier if Royal just put out a list saying what transfers they are allowing

5 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

After an hour on the phone and a fading phone battery, I asked if the CSR would call me back if we were disconnected.  He told me they are not allowed to.

Same here. I asked if she can call me back if we get disconnected and she said no she can't do that due to the call volume, and told me not to disconnect. Good advice.

2 hours ago, CategoryQ said:

After 1.5 hours on the phone, I was denied Lift & Shift for a February 2021 cruise. I was told that CWC is valid through April 2022, but Lift & Shift is only for cruises between now and September 2020.

Does anyone have a link or anything official that says 2021 cruises are included? The agent checked with a supervisor and the supervisor said it's only until September 2020, but I know from this thread that others have had success.

UPDATE: I called and spoke with a different agent, and after 2+ hours, she was able to make the change and do the price protection. She said a supervisor approval is needed for each Lift & Shift and the wait to get supervisor approval is approx. 45 minutes.

59 minutes ago, CategoryQ said:

Same here. I asked if she can call me back if we get disconnected and she said no she can't do that due to the call volume, and told me not to disconnect. Good advice.

As if you, or anyone else would do it intentionally...😏

54 minutes ago, CategoryQ said:

UPDATE: I called and spoke with a different agent, and after 2+ hours, she was able to make the change and do the price protection. She said a supervisor approval is needed for each Lift & Shift and the wait to get supervisor approval is approx. 45 minutes.

Really? I called up and got my lift and shift change done in precisely 19 minutes.

This is in UK.

We are booked on Adventure of the Seas, July 1, Eastern Caribbean, 9 nights out of Bayonne. Assuming the cruise will be cancelled by Royal,  I called my TA to use the Lift and Shift offer.  We wanted to change to Oasis of the Seas, July 30, 2021, Eastern Caribbean, 9 nights out of Bayonne.  With all of the rules I've been reading, it all sounded good to me.  The TA was told no, we couldn't change because our original cruise was booked under a "Travel Agent Friends and Family" promotion and that is not combinable with this offer.   Very disappointed.  I guess we'll wait until RCL cancels and take the refund, assuming that option is still available😕

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruiser24 said:

I guess we'll wait until RCL cancels and take the refund, assuming that option is still available😕

I they cancel, they're required by law to offer a full cash refund.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 1:18 PM, TRUEBLUE66 said:

Thanks Ken!

We just moved our Jewel cruise over to October 2021 for the same price and promotions. Took a bit of doing as was initially told we didn't qualify. Hopefully a better chance of sailing. 

Did this happen to be the Jewel for July 26, 2020 switching to July 25, 2021?  We tried but were told our 13 night cruise could not be moved to a 11 night cruise.

Linda 

32 minutes ago, dccruisin said:

Did this happen to be the Jewel for July 26, 2020 switching to July 25, 2021?  We tried but were told our 13 night cruise could not be moved to a 11 night cruise.

Linda 

Try May 15, 2021.........13 nighter, same ship Jewel of the Seas, tell them that is only 13 nighter you can find?

I just tried.  They told me that there were no options for me since they are not cruising out of San Juan until October and our cruise in August.  So, we are just out of luck.  I asked if we could change ships or ports and I was told no, you can not unless it is another ship going out of the same port to the exact same places. UUUGGGG!!!

I am really frustrated because I want to cruise this summer before school starts.  However, I am pretty convinced now that only Carnival will be sailing at this time.  So, I would like to transfer this cruise to next year and book something on Carnival.  I can't have two sailings booked and hope one gets canceled, but if our August gets canceled, it may be too late to book anything else.  

Edited by jp2746

34 minutes ago, dccruisin said:

Linda 

No, October 2020 to 2021. Same number of days and ports. I don't think you can move anymore than 4 weeks outside original dates.  

5 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

I just tried.  They told me that there were no options for me since they are not cruising out of San Juan until October and our cruise in August.  So, we are just out of luck.  I asked if we could change ships or ports and I was told no, you can not unless it is another ship going out of the same port to the exact same places. UUUGGGG!!!

I am really frustrated because I want to cruise this summer before school starts.  However, I am pretty convinced now that only Carnival will be sailing at this time.  So, I would like to transfer this cruise to next year and book something on Carnival.  I can't have two sailings booked and hope one gets canceled, but if our August gets canceled, it may be too late to book anything else.  

You should call back and try again.  I switched our departure port, ship and what ports we are going to. I had a similar issue that there wasn't another cruise in the time frame doing the exact same itinerary.  I told them that it says it just has to be the same itinerary type.  I found another 5 night cruise that said Western Caribbean for the same month.  I also have to work around school schedules, so I didn't have much flexibility.  

2 hours ago, CategoryQ said:

So I guess I'm confused.  I have an Oasis cruise booked for November 2020.  I was under the impression I could use Lift and Shift with price protection to change to November 2021.  Are you saying that isn't the policy and that Royal can use their own discretion to  allow the change or not?

2 minutes ago, mek said:

So I guess I'm confused.  I have an Oasis cruise booked for November 2020.  I was under the impression I could use Lift and Shift with price protection to change to November 2021.  Are you saying that isn't the policy and that Royal can use their own discretion to  allow the change or not?

That’s what it sounds like to me.  (See post #457)  I’ve looked and looked and nowhere do I see where you can’t combine the Lift and Shift with a TA offer.

27 minutes ago, mek said:

What you've described would meet their policy as long as the cruise is the same duration, same basic itinerary and within 4 weeks from a year from the original sailing date, from what I understand.

The agent explained to me that every time price protection is utilized, a supervisor must be the one to make the change, and that she doesn't have the ability to invoke price protection.

Edited by CategoryQ

When I will travel next time I will treat any policy of the cruiser with respect. I understand both the company and the crew and I want everyone around me including myself to feel safe. Whether financially or physically. I also doubt that their policies will be that strict. They dont want to lose clients and all the measures they take should be fine with the majority of the passangers

Does anyone know when RC are expected to release the Australia/NZ 2021-22 sail dates? Thought they might have been out by now but could be delayed with everything else going on.

Hoping to be able to move our 2 cruises in Jan/Feb 2021 to 2022 under the lift and shift programme.

Thanks.  

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Try May 15, 2021.........13 nighter, same ship Jewel of the Seas, tell them that is only 13 nighter you can find?

Thanks for looking but that is outside the 4 week window plus it goes to Iceland and the British Isles and not to Russia.

Linda 

I'm another one who's sorely disappointed in this policy for my situation. I had five cabins booked for an Alaska cruise in July 2020. The week before final payment was due in April, we shifted our reservation to July 2021 - same ship, same itinerary - at a substantially higher cost. RCL won't do anything for us now to match the original price, and have the benefit of holding onto our deposit dollars in the meantime. I can't help but feel negative about RCL as a result.

2 hours ago, Cruiser24 said:

We are booked on Adventure of the Seas, July 1, Eastern Caribbean, 9 nights out of Bayonne. Assuming the cruise will be cancelled by Royal,  I called my TA to use the Lift and Shift offer.  We wanted to change to Oasis of the Seas, July 30, 2021, Eastern Caribbean, 9 nights out of Bayonne.  With all of the rules I've been reading, it all sounded good to me.  The TA was told no, we couldn't change because our original cruise was booked under a "Travel Agent Friends and Family" promotion and that is not combinable with this offer.   Very disappointed.  I guess we'll wait until RCL cancels and take the refund, assuming that option is still available😕

We have a F&F rate for 9/13 Oasis and are also ineligible. Unfortunately, given their current timeline of actions, I will need to make the final payment To hopefully get to the point where Royal cancels. 

mac_tlc

I have a cruise that was booked for an inside room weeks ago, due to sail Aug. 16.  I want to upgrade that room to a balcony because the rate is incredible. Could I upgrade the room and then lift and shift it to next summer? TIA

11 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

I have a cruise that was booked for an inside room weeks ago, due to sail Aug. 16.  I want to upgrade that room to a balcony because the rate is incredible. Could I upgrade the room and then lift and shift it to next summer? TIA

Sounds like a good plan

5 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I think some or all of the CSR's are all working from home so he may not want to call back and have his personal phone number show up.