Jump to content

Cruise with confidence enhanced


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jp2746 said:

I tried to switch to an Eastern on Symphony and was shot down twice.  So, let me know what you do and what your results are.  I love Aruba and Curacao but have never been to Bonaire.  I was also looking forward to that itinerary.  But there isn't anything going out of San Juan to ABC islands next summer.  I would say West Beach in Roatan was my favorite port, but Aruba and Curacao were the most beautiful places I have ever been.  

 

 

 

What did you try to switch from to? I am Western and want to go Eastern. Will this fly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I'm happy to report that I was successful to lift and shift our B2B on the Empress of the Seas Cruise for January and February 2021 ... we had an Owners Suite Booked on the Empress and now we have an Owners Suite 8 day on Jewel of the Seas  and an Owners Suite 7 day Oasis of the Seas .... not the same ship .... but thank god the same port 🙂

 

Thank You Ourusualbeach for all the help you provide and others as well !

 

  Take Care all and Stay Safe

 

      Brian

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, JoeFan said:

 

I guess the feel these cruises are going to cancel or people are going to cancel. So instead of adding them to the list of refunds, just hold onto those funds and shift the reservation.

Oh when you booked yesterday for July you had to pay a full payment correct? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Well I'm happy to report that I was successful to lift and shift our B2B on the Empress of the Seas Cruise for January and February 2021 ... we had an Owners Suite Booked on the Empress and now we have an Owners Suite 8 day on Jewel of the Seas  and an Owners Suite 7 day Oasis of the Seas .... not the same ship .... but thank god the same port 🙂

 

Thank You Ourusualbeach for all the help you provide and others as well !

 

  Take Care all and Stay Safe

 

      Brian

Did they price match, quite a step up from Empress.......... Good move

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes they did price match ... it really was quite painless ... called the cruise Planner number and the lady was quite pleasant and said it was new to her and she didn't think they would do it .... she asked if she could call me back and promised to do so and an hour later she called to say it's all transferred and what Cabins I would like ..... the price difference is astonishing .... saved quite a bit of $$$$$ 🙂 and totally much nicer Cabins 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reporting my unsuccessful experience attempting to "Lift and Shift" our Sept Puerto Rico Cruises on Freedom.  Earlier posts had already tempered my optimism, but attempted the angle that one of the cruises is technically an Eastern Caribbean itinerary, so tried to move to another eastern out of Florida.  No luck.  Final payment is not due until June, so figure I will monitor other's experiences and try again in a week or so in case the rules loosen up.

 

PS - apparently the Royal rep suggested that my TA tell me to 'keep watching itineraries in case a new cruise is added". We both had a good laugh at that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We we able to lift and switch. My TA spent the entire day on the phone w royal to do it. The first time he was told we could not do it becuase our price, which is EXCELLENT, was a part of lowest price promotion... It wasn't. He called back and somehow was able to get it done. Went from Aug. 16 to July 16. The exact room wasn't available but the room across the hall was and it's the same room. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Hi,

one question - If I am booked in a 6V and the new sailing only has 4V available - can I still shift?

Maybe he a 6V guarantee or the like?

Thank you for all your help!

They should be able to do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JoeFan said:

 

What did you try to switch from to? I am Western and want to go Eastern. Will this fly?

I tried Southern to Eastern.  The were set on the fact that they were different parts of the Caribbean and did not fall into the guidelines.  

Edited by jp2746
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have an 8N category (ocean view guarantee) booked for the Explorer TA in November.  What would that be equal to on the Odyssey if we do the lift and switch?  I couldn’t find an 8N category on the Odyssey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DandDM said:

Reporting my unsuccessful experience attempting to "Lift and Shift" our Sept Puerto Rico Cruises on Freedom.  Earlier posts had already tempered my optimism, but attempted the angle that one of the cruises is technically an Eastern Caribbean itinerary, so tried to move to another eastern out of Florida.  No luck.  Final payment is not due until June, so figure I will monitor other's experiences and try again in a week or so in case the rules loosen up.

 

PS - apparently the Royal rep suggested that my TA tell me to 'keep watching itineraries in case a new cruise is added". We both had a good laugh at that.

This is very frustrating.  There are no options.  They told me that they were not the same areas of the Caribbean.  I pointed out that St. Kitts was on the new itinerary and it is actually further south than Aruba.  They said no.  They would only do it if the itineraries matched.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

 I pointed out that St. Kitts was on the new itinerary and it is actually further south than Aruba.  

Must be some funky new map out showing St. Kitts further south than Aruba...…….

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Must be some funky new map out showing St. Kitts further south than Aruba...…….

LOL!!!  I looked up the wrong island.  I'm a dork, but the first step is admitting it. 🙂   They probably thought I was crazy.  But, I think I should be able to blame it on Covid lockdown.  

 

Edited by jp2746
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BrianB said:

called the cruise Planner number and the lady was quite pleasant and said it was new to her and she didn't think they would do it .... she asked if she could call me back and promised to do so and an hour later she called to say it's all transferred and what Cabins I would like .....

Yeah! I had suggested in post 437 that folk could give their phone number in case they got disconnected (I had been asked for mine) and two wrote after that they were told they couldn't be called back. Glad you got your call back and a good outcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

This is very frustrating.  There are no options.  They told me that they were not the same areas of the Caribbean.  I pointed out that St. Kitts was on the new itinerary and it is actually further south than Aruba.  They said no.  They would only do it if the itineraries matched.  


You need to escalate this.  In their FAQ on this, it gives an example:

——-

SCENARIOS
Different Ship:

 
If my client is currently confirmed on Explorer of the Seas in Europe this August 2020. Is my
client able to book on Harmony of the Seas in September 2021?


Absolutely! As long as your client is sailing next year on a departure that falls within a 4-week span of their original sail date, he/she is able to enjoy a cruise onboard the Harmony of the Seas in Europe within the same stateroom and on a sailing of the same length.

 

———

 

Go lookup Explorer and Harmony. One does Greece, the others does Spain & Italy.  Totally different parts of Mediterranean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

In their FAQ on this, it gives an example:

They could very well have realized that they provided too much latitude initially, scaled back allowable scenarios and the web site will be the last place they update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Announcement: Sail with Marella Cruises ~ Sponsored by Marella Cruises
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Princess Cruises - Medallion Masters!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...