Viking Sun Crew Dance Tribute

Jammy Bun

Thanks for posting that Jammy bun, even though I am 😢 too!

To those who have been posting with (dare I say selfish?) complaints about delays with their refunds, I hope this is a reminder of the millions and millions of people across world who have had the wages (on which they and their families rely) cut and their whole future livelihoods put under threat by the pandemic.

Let's follow the crew's example, stay positive and do what bit we can to help an outstanding cruise line through this troubled time. To quote from the video "We sail together and we are here for each other" God bless that thought!

• Like 8

Great film clip and having  recently sailed with many of the crew, we recognise many of the faces.😀

While it is sad that the Philippines and India crew members have been unable to get home yet, I am impressed that these amazing crew members are remaining so positive. Certainly is a great testament to Viking Management and the onboard leadership team.

Good to see the Captain, Chief Engineer and GM participating in the film clip.

• Like 6

On 5/22/2020 at 7:41 AM, Heidi13 said:

Great film clip and having  recently sailed with many of the crew, we recognise many of the faces.😀

While it is sad that the Philippines and India crew members have been unable to get home yet, I am impressed that these amazing crew members are remaining so positive. Certainly is a great testament to Viking Management and the onboard leadership team.

Good to see the Captain, Chief Engineer and GM participating in the film clip.

I really enjoyed watching this, as there are many from our 2019 WC.  But I noticed the video is dated May 20, or at least the version I saw was.  Are all those people still on the ship?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

I really enjoyed watching this, as there are many from our 2019 WC.  But I noticed the video is dated May 20, or at least the version I saw was.  Are all those people still on the ship?

I imagine they are.  That would be the only reason that they could congregate like this safely.

3 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

Unfortunately, I believe they are still aboard the ship as Philippines is not yet accepting the return of their citizens. Not sure about India, but many of the crew (hotel) are from those 2 countries.

When she left Portsmouth, I heard > 200 crew still remain aboard, as they could not go home.

Last time anyone got ashore was March 10th in Bali, so no virus issues.

• 3 months later...

Having sailed on three Viking Ocean cruises so far — including the 2018 Inaugural World Cruise, I am looking forward to sailing on Viking ships again, as soon as it is safe. We cancelled three Viking trips in 2020 but have booked again in 2022.  Certainly THE CREW has been a huge reason to remain loyal to this excellent cruise line. 

I am impressed with the things the Viking Crews are doing to entertain themselves (and us) during this really trying time for all of us who love cruising and those that make cruising possible.   They are wonderful folks and it not only shows when we are on board but even when we are not as you can see from this video.   Thanks Jimmy Bun for posting!