Would you cruise if Wearing a mask is mandatory?

Would you cruise if wearing a mask is Mandatory?  

711 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise if wearing a mask is mandatory?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

No, I would not cruise if masks are mandatory.  I wear them when I am out in public areas and know that I'll be around other people - but I make a point of only being at places where I need to wear my mask, for short periods of time. 

As the temps continue to heat up here in the South, I anticipate that I will begin to avoid (as much as I can) having to go places where masks are required (or suggested), as wearing one in 90+ degree heat and 150% humidity is not something that is tolerable for more than a few minutes.  Breathing in high heat & humidity, even without a mask, can be an effort.

As far as vacations, I will likely stick to places I can drive to and look to rent vacation homes rather than hotel stays.  

• Like 5

I'll be honest. Yes, of course I would cruise but I would most likely cheat like hell while wearing it. Can't smoke, eat, or drink while wearing one so it would most likely cover my chin and then I'd pull it up if I got hollered at.........just to lower it again once the hollerer left.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

I'll be honest. Yes, of course I would cruise but I would most likely cheat like hell while wearing it. Can't smoke, eat, or drink while wearing one so it would most likely cover my chin and then I'd pull it up if I got hollered at.........just to lower it again once the hollerer left.

Another good reason to ban indoor smoking on cruise ships sailing out of US.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Another good reason to ban indoor smoking on cruise ships sailing out of US.  

I don't smoke indoors on cruise ships. I smoke on the Lido deck.

With the "lets ban everything I don't like" attitude, maybe we should ban alcohol on ships since I don't drink and it would save lives. 🙄

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

I don't smoke indoors on cruise ships. I smoke on the Lido deck.

With the "lets ban everything I don't like" attitude, maybe we should ban alcohol on ships since I don't drink and it would save lives. 🙄

...as well as people who cheat using their masks...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Computer Nerd said:

Just curious what you would do if the ultimatum was wear the mask or be put off the ship at next port.

6 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Just curious what you would do if the ultimatum was wear the mask or be put off the ship at next port.

Finish that cruise out with my mask on (I don't waste my hard earned cash), cancel any future cruises I had with them upon returning home and never book a cruise with them again.  I do a lot of timesharing and could easily give up cruising if needed due to stupid, idiotic rules.

To add: Thinking about it, there is a good chance I would simply sit in the smoking area with an unlit cigarette hanging out of my mouth and then if someone started to walk in my direction, I'd light it. Not really anything they could say at that point in time.

Edited by Computer Nerd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Computer Nerd said:

Even if masks are mandatory, which I think they will be initially, I assume they will have exceptions like when you are eating or drinking. I don’t think smoking will be a problem since smoking will likely be banned by the CDC when cruises resume. 

2 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Even if masks are mandatory, which I think they will be initially, I assume they will have exceptions like when you are eating or drinking. I don’t think smoking will be a problem since smoking will likely be banned by the CDC when cruises resume. 

You think?

• Like 1

That's a no thanks from me! Why would you pay thousands of dollars for a vacation that you can't fully enjoy because of something uncomfortable over your face? It's madness to me why anyone would.

To be perfectly honest, I'm much more worried about touching things than breathing anything - if they require masks, then gloves should surely also be mandatory?

I can see why it may be mandatory to start with (mostly for PR reasons as the company could be slaughtered if there is an outbreak early on) and fair enough, I'll just wait until this is over. I've had 11 years of great cruises, I can easily sit out for a year or two, it will just make the next one even more special.

Edited by CruisingJoe09
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

And you base this theory on what evidence? Any cruise line who bans smoking completely will never see another one of my cruise dollars.

Not to mention, the CDC is not a regulatory agency.

Edited by Computer Nerd
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

And you base this theory on what evidence? Any cruise line who bans smoking completely will never see another one of my cruise dollars.

Great, less smoke for us. Thanks

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Absolutely not.  I recognize their importance but physically cannot tolerate wearing one for more than 15 or 20 minutes at a time (yes, I am wearing one now when I go out--I just take care to keep any errands within that time frame). 

Even if I didn't have that problem, I can't imagine wearing it outside in the hot and humid Caribbean.  Especially as a person who wears glasses.  The fogging problem is bad enough already!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Now now....one could have noted that they don't see mask-users in the trailer park either...but that would be so wrong to say that.

No, it was the fact he had to walk up to get to the pool. 😉

The other thought would be a high rise with pool on roof deck

• Like 2

If you will need to wear a mask during the cruises, likely at specific venues then you will not only need to wear the mask in simmilar situations at sea but also on land. Hence we might just need to get used to eat that for the time being if we wish to travel or enjoy ceetain entertaiment (movies, theaters etc) masks need to be worn. Whoever doesn't like it always has the chance to sit at home.

• Like 2