When is your next cruise?

11 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I don't think Carnival wants to be the only line to return to service if all others hold off. They'd be labeled as unsafe, greedy, and not looking out for the health & well being of their passengers. They don't want that kind of PR.

I disagree - not with people's perception (they're likely to say all those things - and more) or with them not wanting that PR.  I think Carnival would not hesitate to return to service alone IF they perceive they could do so safely.

25 minutes ago, stellarose said:

so want to book for winter 2021.  too hopeful?

We're at October 1, if we split the difference maybe it'll be back on November 15.  This will give 7 weeks of guinea pig cruising until my January 9 cruise.  If we wait until 2021, I'll reluctantly be one of those guinea pigs.

My next cruise is Jan 14, 2021 out of Charleston (never done that!) on Sunshine (love Serenity!) and in a spa balcony (never done a spa room!) with $300 OBC (4 day cruise) and $50 shareholder credit.

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

November on the Breeze.  First we were booked for September on the Radiance to New England and Canada which was cancelled since the ship wasn't ready. We were happy to get the $600 OBC to rebook.  Now anxious about cruising in November. 

On 6/22/2020 at 4:20 PM, ninjacat123 said:

My next cruise is Jan 14, 2021 out of Charleston (never done that!) on Sunshine (love Serenity!) and in a spa balcony (never done a spa room!) with $300 OBC (4 day cruise) and $50 shareholder credit.

Sounds like you got a great cruise!! From what I've heard, spa rooms are received well. We're sailing on Jan 30, would love to hear how your sailing went/what differences you notice due to Covid (if any)!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fyree39 said:

Shout out to the Chief. Just retired from USNR as an E6, though did 8 years active prior to this. I wasn't deployable so couldn't compete with the other E6s as effectively. Stupid heart murmur.

Looking at my Magic 8 Ball, it says your 2021 cruise will go without a hitch.

Thanks for this!  Looks like your "cruise ship" career is just starting!!  We absolutely love cruising.  We are also currently booked on the Brilliance of the Seas in July, 2021.  Jury is still out on that one.   I don't know about your Freedom Cruise in October, but the one on the Panorama might be a go!!  

The Legend, late August, 2021.  London to Rome.  Booked before the pandemic.   I am not completely confident that it will happen.  There are too many unknowns - what will the cruise experience be like, what ports will welcome ships, will the virus still be circulating around the world, will there be an effective vaccine, will Carnival alter itineraries or even cancel European sailings if demand is weak.   Final payment is due next May.   At that point, I will decide about making final payment or canceling.   I won't be making the flight reservations far in advance like I used to.   I am hopeful, but also realistic about the many factors that could change my plans.

• Like 1