Royal Caribbean Pulled Dubai Cruises ?

They sadly pulled the Dubai itineraries for 20/21 season on December 4th last year.  So nothing to do with C19. 
Great winter sunshine breaks to a fabulous part of the world. 
As this region is now clear of C19 and open for business perhaps RCI should rethink this.

I‘d be back like a flash! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 4

MSC which is more European line has cruises booked, along with numerous other European lines.  However, most people in Europe seem to book them leaving RCCL a secondary choice.  Mostly Americans were booking it, but not enough to justify being there.  It's a great place to visit and many choices.  I wish it was RCCL. 

• Like 2

I think this part of the world is just not very popular with Americans whereas us Europeans seem to love it. When we were on Jewel in Feb, Americans were only a small minority of the passengers, think that is the problem for RCL.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, little britain said:

They sadly pulled the Dubai itineraries for 20/21 season on December 4th last year.  So nothing to do with C19. 
As this region is now clear of C19 and open for business perhaps RCI should rethink this.

Agree

• Like 1

These Dubai to Oman cruises were always top notch. Better than Caribbean sh!+holes number 1-14 cruises. I would jump on any RCI ship immediately that departs from Dubai. And----it is only 6 hours flight time from here.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Agree.  We loved our Dubai cruise back in 2012.  Fascinating part of the world.  Still one of our most memorable.  Would love to go back someday when the pandemic settles down and/or a vaccine becomes available.  Just wish it wasn't such a long flight to get there from the US!

2 hours ago, kernow said:

I think this part of the world is just not very popular with Americans whereas us Europeans seem to love it. When we were on Jewel in Feb, Americans were only a small minority of the passengers, think that is the problem for RCL.

Yes, on our Dubai cruise there were only 150 North Americans onboard.  As I said earlier we loved it and wouldn't hesitate to go back.  A big part of the problem for us North Americans, along with with reluctance by many to travel to the Middle East, is distance.  Many would rather travel to Australia/ NZ or Asia if traveling that far.

• Like 2

Enlighten us? Why not? 

Some of us don’t take chances in that part of the world and the volatility at a minutes notice. If I need to enlighten you further, you aren’t keeping up. But please, don’t let me stop you.
🤦🏻‍♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CapeGal said:

Some of us don’t take chances in that part of the world and the volatility at a minutes notice. If I need to enlighten you further, you aren’t keeping up. But please, don’t let me stop you.
🤦🏻‍♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dubai is one of the safest, secure, cleanest, peaceful places in the world.
Perhaps you are confusing it with somewhere else...  🤷‍♀️

Edited by little britain
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, little britain said:

We were on Adventure when our Jewel Suez got cancelled. Very sad. I enjoyed our stop there on the Mariner Odyssey. Went dune bashing. 

Laura of Arabia

IMG_20180422_134706_091.thumb.jpg.f11baf4f6a94f47188845aeb6fceb573.jpg

• Like 2

Did the Dubai cruise on the second to last Splendour sailing in 2016.  Loved it.  I would say the ship was half Americans, actually, at that time, and I think there was also a Celebrity ship there at least part of that winter season.  Things in the Gulf were more stable then, of course.  Was really hoping RCCL would add the itinerary to coincide with World Expo.  With Expo delayed by a year, I haven't actually looked yet to see who is sailing the Arabian Gulf in the early months of 2022.  I remember a while ago looking at some of the really great pricing for Dec. 20 and Jan. 21 and since it overnights in Dubai, easily could do a B2B and get to the Expo for several days probably less than hotel would cost.  But, Dubai hotels and service are also phenomenal. 

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1