The Daily for Thursday Aug 13, 2020

richwmn

🌺Aloha everyone again!!!!

Just wanted to touch base and hope Allen’s check up went well today! Been thinking about him and my sis Joy all day!

🌺 TIOGACRUISER !! We waited to do a toast till now! It is 2:00 here in Maui and figured 5pm in California! Enjoying our Prosecco and we decided to have a late lunch with my poke! I wanted to send a picture. I really enjoy making poke over here! Our dear neighbor went to Safeway and got me ahi today!! 
🌺HAPPY RETIREMENT SO ENJOY YOUR NEW LIFE👏👏👏🥂🍾🎉🎊

image.thumb.jpeg.cd1e1cac864573740bff99e4962a9cd2.jpeg

Edited by DeeniEncinitas
Sorry my phone I am still trying to figure it out!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

We were sending a birthday card to DS in Vancouver and thought we would send a greeting card to you as the Post Office had just received the 'Ancient Postal Routes' stamps. If I had known I could have sent a birthday card to you too!  I had not expected it to take so long for the card to get there, as I had not considered the reduction in flights between Europe and North America.😭

I think I posted it on July 27th, so it took over 2 weeks.

Yes, it was mailed July 27.  To  the Netherlands recently, I think it took almost 3.  Flights are few and far between.   I count your card as birthday greetings!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Looks yummy.  We are enjoying a glass or two of prosecco now, too.  Steaks and broccoli casserole for us this evening.

Happy Birthday Ann 🎂🎁🎈🎉!!

I am so sorry for not sending sooner!
Birthdays are so special! Have a beautiful 

evening!

Denise😊

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dfish said:

Found another sunset!   This is Lake Michigan from South Haven, Michigan.  

100_0387.JPG

Love, Love, Love the picture!!! I look forward to your photos just like I do with Roy’s! Sunrise and sunsets mean a lot to me! My mom always said to me every time you see a sunrise it is a new beginning! Every time you see a sunset it is an ending to a beautiful day!! She passed away when I was 34😞So When Roy on all his cruises that I would follow he always gave sunrise and sunsets which I love.

Thank you so much!

Denise😊

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, dfish said:

Found another sunset!   This is Lake Michigan from South Haven, Michigan.  

100_0387.JPG

I grew up near South Haven [Otsego]. South Haven was our choice for Lake Michigan beach access. Once in a while at Grand Haven. I still can't swim in salt water and like it. I saw many a sunset from that area.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kazu said:

I can’t speak for BC as I’m not there but here our tests are very reliable.  If they are negative, there is no second test needed.  I suspect BC’s are equally reliable based on their great work on covid and their Dr. Bonnie - she’s very good 🙂 

With the PCR, a test can be negative if the person’s viral load is low. Meaning, they may be infected and contagious, but not have enough virus on board in the nasopharanx or oropharanx for the swab to pick it up. It is also possible the sample  wasn’t collected with good technique. Both can make a false negative. 

Okay, taking off Public Health hat and putting it on the retirement shelf.  Thank you all for your good wishes. It’s been quite the day , saying so long to a fabulous group of coworkers. I started as a kid and leave the agency as a senior citizen. God is good. Life is good.

DH is bringing dinner and we’re opening a bottle of Graffigna Malbec, 2014 reserve.

• Like 6

Rich,

Thanks for the daily update.

A slight frost here this morning, followed by a good sunny day.

Another new 12 covid-19 cases, all connected to the Auckland cluster.  One person in Auckland hospital.  Total of 38 people in managed isolation quarantine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

With the PCR, a test can be negative if the person’s viral load is low. Meaning, they may be infected and contagious, but not have enough virus on board in the nasopharanx or oropharanx for the swab to pick it up. It is also possible the sample  wasn’t collected with good technique. Both can make a false negative. 

Okay, taking off Public Health hat and putting it on the retirement shelf.  Thank you all for your good wishes. It’s been quite the day , saying so long to a fabulous group of coworkers. I started as a kid and leave the agency as a senior citizen. God is good. Life is good.

DH is bringing dinner and we’re opening a bottle of Graffigna Malbec, 2014 reserve.

Very best wishes to you for a long and happy retirement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Sorry, I am so worked up about this. A neighbor two houses down from mine had the virus & recovered, but he now has permanent lung damage. 

Don't be sorry, I feel the same way, especially after my SIL came down with it and is still having lung problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

I grew up near South Haven [Otsego]. South Haven was our choice for Lake Michigan beach access. Once in a while at Grand Haven. I still can't swim in salt water and like it. I saw many a sunset from that area.

We used to have a family vacation every year in South Haven and made a point of watching the sunset every night.   I went to school in Kalamazoo, just down the road a piece from Otsego.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Love, Love, Love the picture!!! I look forward to your photos just like I do with Roy’s! Sunrise and sunsets mean a lot to me! My mom always said to me every time you see a sunrise it is a new beginning! Every time you see a sunset it is an ending to a beautiful day!! She passed away when I was 34😞So When Roy on all his cruises that I would follow he always gave sunrise and sunsets which I love.

Thank you so much!

Denise😊

I'm glad that picture brought you so much joy!   That is the wonderful thing about this board and this thread especially.  

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, dfish said:

We used to have a family vacation every year in South Haven and made a point of watching the sunset every night.   I went to school in Kalamazoo, just down the road a piece from Otsego.

Yup, Kalamazoo was the 'big city' . 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Thank you so much!

Denise😊

Hi Denise -  I saw on another thread that you're booked on the 1/2/22 Volendam "Sea of Cortez" cruise.  I'm considering this one also.  I just had a cruise canceled and HAL is offering double the deposit I paid or a refund.  The itinerary looks interesting. If you care to share your reasons for choosing this cruise, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!

Bill

• Like 3

Thanks for the daily.  Love the sunsets, gorgeous flowers, and all happy news, especially retirement, which was a favorite event in my life.

Been working 14-1/2 hours on my volunteer position for American Red Cross today and 12-1/2 yesterday.  These fires are “kicking our b——ts”,    I have been on numerous disasters for ARC, but never a wildfire.  It is very challenging to do everything virtually.  Was easier in person Before COVID.  I am learning lots of new technology, though.  Even got on a Zoom call today!  No one in this house to help me, the non-techie!

Cabiinboy, my DH and I did the “Sea of Cortez” and it was one of our best.  Loved the quaint, very clean Mexican towns that the average cruiser doesn’t get to see.  That is one I would love to do again, IF I ever get to cruise again.  My age is the limiting factor, not my desire for another cruise!

Good night!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, CabinBoy2020 said:

Hi Denise -  I saw on another thread that you're booked on the 1/2/22 Volendam "Sea of Cortez" cruise.  I'm considering this one also.  I just had a cruise canceled and HAL is offering double the deposit I paid or a refund.  The itinerary looks interesting. If you care to share your reasons for choosing this cruise, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!

Bill

Good morning Bill!

Since our Rotterdam Cruise again was ca

for 1/22 due to sale we just decided to do this cruise and it works out since we than will be on Oceania in Feb doing 17 day On Oceania’s Riviera Tropical Cruise!

We live in San Diego and have done The Sea of Cortez many times back in 2008-2010! After that they stopped going until now!

The Sea of Cortez is so beautiful especially when you get up early and watch the whales out on the smooth water! Loretto was a very under developed 

small sea side town way back when! Now it is all built up! 10 days for us is not long enough but it will be fun! Also we enjoy HAL’S smaller ships a lot! So Volendam  it is👍 Have a great day Bill

Denise😊

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

I highly recommend retirement 😎😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good morning Bill!

Since our Rotterdam Cruise again was ca

for 1/22 due to sale we just decided to do this cruise and it works out since we than will be on Oceania in Feb doing 17 day On Oceania’s Riviera Tropical Cruise!

We live in San Diego and have done The Sea of Cortez many times back in 2008-2010! After that they stopped going until now!

The Sea of Cortez is so beautiful especially when you get up early and watch the whales out on the smooth water! Loretto was a very under developed 

small sea side town way back when! Now it is all built up! 10 days for us is not long enough but it will be fun! Also we enjoy HAL’S smaller ships a lot! So Volendam  it is👍 Have a great day Bill

Denise😊

Thank you Denise and also Cruzn Single!  I've been to the standard Mexican Riviera ports several times, but the other ports on this itinerary sound really interesting. I also like the smaller ships.  The Volendam has a special place in my heart because it was the first ship I sailed on after a long hiatus from travel.  I'd like to sail on her again before she, too, is sold.  I'm checking with my travel agent.  Here's hoping we're all sailing again soon!

Bill

• Like 3