The Daily for Thursday Aug 13, 2020

richwmn

Good morning all, and thanks to Rich and Roy for all they do.

My neighbour who was tested last week has had a negative result.  However, I have heard that while a positive is positively positive a negative is not positively negative, so we will stay away from him for a little while longer.  He has not come back to the exercise group, so that is a good thing!

Absolutely celebrating, Georgina!  The prosecco has been purchased just in time, and hopefully chilled to perfection.

I wanted some last night, but Pat had opened a bottle of our homemade plonk to have with the delicious salad made by DD -  spicy Buffalo wing salad on a quarter of an iceberg lettuce with all the fixings.   Worthy of the Pinnacle Grill!

I hope tomorrow we will be going out to Butchart's for my (free)  birthday tea, if I can get a reservation.  I was told they will do it all the month of one's birthday, and it is now beginning to cool off, so I thought we had better do it early.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I hope tomorrow we will be going out to Butchart's for my (free)  birthday tea, if I can get a reservation.

I do so hope you can get that reservation.  That would be a lovely way to celebrate 😄 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

I do so hope you can get that reservation.  That would be a lovely way to celebrate 😄 

Oh, pooh!  I just looked on the website, and because of covid-19, they are not doing 80th  birthday teas this year.  Maybe we will go anyway! (Just to spite them..)

Every cloud has a silver lining - I believe the DMV is not doing the usual 80th driving test, requiring a doctor's report.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

My neighbour who was tested last week has had a negative result.  However, I have heard that while a positive is positively positive a negative is not positively negative, so we will stay away from him for a little while longer.  He has not come back to the exercise group, so that is a good thing!

I'm not convinced of that although Canada may be using a better test than most of the US.  I know the Ohio Governor was attributed to have a false positive.  A lot will also depend on why the neighbor was tested but still better to be safe than sorry.

Roy

• Like 1

Oooh! A day that sounds right up my alley. Love proscecco! 🥂 We'll raise a glass again for @TiogaCruiser' s real last day and the beginning of something new and precious. My daughter-in-law and grandson are both southpaws-happy day to them! I'd like the flatbread, but I'm not sure who all will be here tonight, yet. I'm pondering the quote.

I think someone (puppycanducruise?) mentioned how lovely the morning is, but with more heat and humidity this afternoon. I like the heat, but the humidity can just leave!

Thanks again to Rich and Roy (and Joy's memes!) for the daily.

Have a blessed day! Be well. Stay safe. Be kind.

Late night, late morning, we're running behind today to be sure.

Prayers

Edited by Dismomx5
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I'm not convinced of that although Canada may be using a better test than most of the US.  I know the Ohio Governor was attributed to have a false positive.  A lot will also depend on why the neighbor was tested but still better to be safe than sorry.

Roy

I can’t speak for BC as I’m not there but here our tests are very reliable.  If they are negative, there is no second test needed.  I suspect BC’s are equally reliable based on their great work on covid and their Dr. Bonnie - she’s very good 🙂 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Oh, pooh!  I just looked on the website, and because of covid-19, they are not doing 80th  birthday teas this year.  Maybe we will go anyway! (Just to spite them..)

Every cloud has a silver lining - I believe the DMV is not doing the usual 80th driving test, requiring a doctor's report.

I think you should go anyways to celebrate whether it’s free or not 🙂. Think about the money you have saved not travelling 😉 

Ooh that is a silver lining (no driver’s test) - I didn’t have to go for the pic to renew my driver’s license - it was done on line which was a big relief for me 😉

• Like 3

Aloha everyone 🌺🌺

It is almost 6:30 am Here! 9:30 in California, 11:30 in Georgetown, and 12:30 in Florida and Roy’s home in Baltimore!

🌺Roy Sunday is freedom day👍 Love  the care list and celebrations too!

Rich I appreciate your maps so much. 
I love ❤️ ❤️PROSECCO DAY! No problem there! We have a case LOL!! Our dinner tonight will be my poke 😊!!

🌺So Prosecco Day is the perfect day to celebrate @TiogaCruiser on retirement!! Toasting to you at 4:00 this afternoon!

(Denise will have to join us like.. noon Maui time?)

Allen has a post op check up later today. I'm sure everything is fine. He even rode his trike around the block yesterday morning

🌺Joy happy Allen is doing well and his check up will be good!!Always positive thoughts!!👍

🍾 Its a date!!! We will give a toast to dear TIOGACRUISER  on her wonderful retirement!!

🎈🎈🎈🎊🎊🥂!! 
This was last nights sunset!! Was a beautiful night and the trade winds felt so good.

GOD BLESS EVERYONE, please stay safe, and know we will cruise!!When who knows, but I will always stay positive! ❤️ To All!

Denise😊

image.thumb.jpeg.c67bbcf9c38079b378ebfa7f100ac6b1.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning all, and thanks to Rich and Roy for all they do.

Absolutely celebrating, Georgina!  The prosecco has been purchased just in time, and hopefully chilled to perfection.

I wanted some last night, but Pat had opened a bottle of our homemade plonk to have with the delicious salad made by DD -  spicy Buffalo wing salad on a quarter of an iceberg lettuce with all the fixings.   Worthy of the Pinnacle Grill!

I hope tomorrow we will be going out to Butchart's for my (free)  birthday tea, if I can get a reservation.  I was told they will do it all the month of one's birthday, and it is now beginning to cool off, so I thought we had better do it early.

Happy Birthday, Ann!

May your new year be filled with laughter, love & great health!

F3460A90-FFB4-4F59-8EAA-D622BB58AB6D.jpeg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Aloha everyone 🌺🌺

It is almost 6:30 am Here! 9:30 in California, 11:30 in Georgetown, and 12:30 in Florida and Roy’s home in Baltimore!

🌺Roy Sunday is freedom day👍 Love  the care list and celebrations too!

Rich I appreciate your maps so much. 
I love ❤️ ❤️PROSECCO DAY! No problem there! We have a case LOL!! Our dinner tonight will be my poke 😊!!

🌺So Prosecco Day is the perfect day to celebrate @TiogaCruiser on retirement!! Toasting to you at 4:00 this afternoon!

(Denise will have to join us like.. noon Maui time?)

Allen has a post op check up later today. I'm sure everything is fine. He even rode his trike around the block yesterday morning

🌺Joy happy Allen is doing well and his check up will be good!!Always positive thoughts!!👍

🍾 Its a date!!! We will give a toast to dear TIOGACRUISER  on her wonderful retirement!!

🎈🎈🎈🎊🎊🥂!! 
This was last nights sunset!! Was a beautiful night and the trade winds felt so good.

GOD BLESS EVERYONE, please stay safe, and know we will cruise!!When who knows, but I will always stay positive! ❤️ To All!

Denise😊

image.thumb.jpeg.c67bbcf9c38079b378ebfa7f100ac6b1.jpeg

Gorgeous! 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, kazu said:

I can’t speak for BC as I’m not there but here our tests are very reliable.  If they are negative, there is no second test needed.  I suspect BC’s are equally reliable based on their great work on covid and their Dr. Bonnie - she’s very good 🙂 

I think the quote came because you could test negative one day, then come in contact and later test positive - the negative is only just for the moment the test is taken!

I'm having a bit of a difference of opinion with Dr. Bonnie, she seems to feel that masks are a kind of panacea or something to make you think you are safe, and you are really not, so she is not actually pushing them.  It's all "keep your distance and wash your hands".  My feeling is if everyone wore the masks everyone would be protected, but if even a few don't, the virus could be out there!  We had two cases on the island yesterday.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I'm having a bit of a difference of opinion with Dr. Bonnie, she seems to feel that masks are a kind of panacea or something to make you think you are safe, and you are really not, so she is not actually pushing them.  It's all "keep your distance and wash your hands".  My feeling is if everyone wore the masks everyone would be protected, but if even a few don't, the virus could be out there!  We had two cases on the island yesterday.  

I'm mostly with you on this one with a few differences.  I think most of can withstand a little bit of a virus and weather a miniscule exposure to the virus.  I think catching it is a combination of factors, including amount of exposure and the state of one's own immune system.  I also think that while a mask primarily protects others, it also offers some protection to the wearer.  Even if there is one uncaring soul without a mask, most of us can probably withstand it if that exposure is really rare and we have provide ourselves with additional protection.

The real rub is that the maskless person is the more likely than others to be exhaling a load of the virus.

Roy

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I think the quote came because you could test negative one day, then come in contact and later test positive - the negative is only just for the moment the test is taken!

Oh for sure you can still come in contact later.  Totally agree.  I thought you were talking about “false” negative tests - mea culpa.

4 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Oh masks are pushed here.  Especially in enclosed spaces or where you can’t physically distance.  I have a mask with me every time I go out.  I wear one in every store I have to go into (avoid that as much as possible).  Many of our stores require masks and those are the ones I feel a bit better to go into.

I think your doctor is right on keeping the distance and washing hands but masks are a must when you can’t.

• Like 6

Thanks Rich!  Wonder why so many are heading to Durban?  

Prosecco!  Yes, perhaps in an aperol spritz? 

We saw fields of thistles near the river yesterday and the smell was amazing!  Who knew? 

And we saw some meteors last night!  Anyone else?  

Wish we got cardinals here,  only see them when we visit Hawaii.   But this year we have enjoyed many visitors. image.thumb.jpeg.0084b76f090885095f4ff08ca54e805f.jpeg

3023D0E1-53AE-4CD1-960E-9FC45D4D1D38.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 6

Gulf Bridge is just arriving in the queue for the Panama Canal.

She's scheduled for Houston August 18 so it appears she needs to clear the canal by Saturday.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

@Vict0riann Well, Happy Birthday, girl (as they would say in a broad Cork accent)

Hope you have a great day! 🥂

Thank you, VMax1700 - actually not until next week, and although it’s one I could do without, it is a big one!  

And thank  you for the card(arrived yesterday), with a very interesting stamp!  Mail is still taking quite a while from Europe.  

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

And thank  you for the card(arrived yesterday), with a very interesting stamp!  Mail is still taking quite a while from Europe.  

We were sending a birthday card to DS in Vancouver and thought we would send a greeting card to you as the Post Office had just received the 'Ancient Postal Routes' stamps. If I had known I could have sent a birthday card to you too!  I had not expected it to take so long for the card to get there, as I had not considered the reduction in flights between Europe and North America.😭

I think I posted it on July 27th, so it took over 2 weeks.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Thank you, VMax1700 - actually not until next week, and although it’s one I could do without, it is a big one!  

Aah, seems I am premature. You will just have to stretch out your celebration, since it is a big birthday!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

think I posted it on July 27th, so it took over 2 weeks

I think of that as nothing.  When I was on the 2018 Crystal World Cruise we stopped at Pitcairn on March 27 and I mailed a card to my brother.  He got it on August 25.

8 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Aah, seems I am premature. You will just have to stretch out your celebration, since it is a big birthday!

Sounds like a plan to me.

Roy