keukenhof

llbz327

We were there in 2019.  We bought tickets including transportation online.  We walking from the dock to Central Station and took a train to the station that the busses to Keukenhof are located.  It is beautiful, not to be missed. Very easy to do on your own.  Others from the ship booked a private tour. Also very easy.

Edited by beach bunnie

3 hours ago, llbz327 said:

i will be going to amsterdam in april ( i hope) was wondering if anyone has been and what was your experience?

thank you

We went on last years world cruise with a ship tour.  I highly recommend trying to get a private tour and doing it on your own as we didn't have nearly as much time there as I would have liked to.  If you are there for 2 days, try to go on the first so you won't need to worry so much about getting back before the ship leaves.  Here is my blog entry for our visit there.  I absolutely loved it and it was a definite bucket list item for me.

https://lindavesadventures.com/2019/08/11/4-26-2019-amsterdam-netherlands-part-1/

We rented a car to drive to Keukenhof from a port stop in Rotterdam.  I assume the same would be easy to do from Amsterdam.  Easy driving and great to be able to tour around at leisure and get a look at the surrounding growing grounds.  We had a lovely and memorable day.  The beauty of Keukenhof cannot be overstated.

Do it if you can.  You will regret missing it, but never regret having made the visit!

After doing a cruise on the MS Rotterdam for a Trans Atlantic cruise in 2017 to Rotterdam we  took a full day while in Rotterdam and went to Keukenhof to explore the tulip & daffodils. We used public transportation to get there which allowed us to set the amount of time to see all of the flowers.  We went on a Saturday and expected it to be crowded.  But the garden area is so large that it was comfortable walking around and we did not feel cramped with people.  The experience was more than we anticipated.  The millions of flowers were extraordinary and absolutely beautiful.  It's an experience not to be missed.

Here are a couple of pictures of the garden and a link to our Microsoft OneDrive with other photos we took along with some from the windmills at Kinderdjyk.  

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7AFC87CDF2F6DCA!24967&cid=07AFC87CDF2F6DCA

y4mQqyvB_extR6nH0-O71kRx6RviCuqzHFmE8ICZ

y4mNBrXOirVZwSbg_KZiTTflmSnHO0xiaSu0D3us

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, llbz327 said:

thank you all for the information and the beautiful pictures. i think we will take public transportation so as to have as much time as we want there

By that time check the Keukenhof website. It will tell you how to travel by public transport too. https://keukenhof.nl/en/

Take into account that currently the plan for 2021 is for reduced numbers with fixed time slots each day.  Also 'social distancing of 1.5m (5 feet) between 'households'.https://keukenhof.nl/en/information-for-travel-trade-about-keukenhof-2021/

Certainly it would pay to keep an eye on the Keukenhof website for further updates before deciding to use an organised tour to to 'go it alone'.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Take into account that currently the plan for 2021 is for reduced numbers with fixed time slots each day.  Also 'social distancing of 1.5m (5 feet) between 'households'.https://keukenhof.nl/eank youn/information-for-travel-trade-about-keukenhof-2021/

Certainly it would pay to keep an eye on the Keukenhof website for further updates before deciding to use an organised tour to to 'go it alone'.

thank you. i will monitor it..

by the way where in cork do you live? we were six years in south tipperary.

15 minutes ago, llbz327 said:

small world!!! i got chills when i read that

we had a b&b in ardfinnan from 1994 to 1999. it was called lady;s abbey. has your son been there long? would love to know how it is now

would you email me ? candecruising@gmail.com

We went a few years ago when we were staying in Amsterdam.  I recall that DW and I simply went over to the train station and bought a combination train/bus ticket.  We took the train from Amsterdam to Leiden from where we caught a local bus (about 20 min to the gardens).    Calling Keukenhof a garden is truly an understatement as the place is huge and amazing.

Hank