Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

5 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

It's often just the two of us cruising, and having random people as table mates is a no-go. Sure, in the past we've met some nice folks, but it's a roulette game. At bars/lounges/functions, one can make small talk and move on (or hang out) if conditions warrant. At a meal, it can lead to an awkward time. I'm not enough of a social butterfly to justify that.  🙂

Tom

Both of our jobs require constant daily interaction with strangers, so when we cruise our focus is on NOT interacting with strangers all day. 

While we've done Teppanyaki on every cruise, we always sit at the end which for the most part has left  us in our own little bubble with minimal conversation with others. 

We'll definitely be checking out that hibachi for two!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Both of our jobs require constant daily interaction with strangers, so when we cruise our focus is on NOT interacting with strangers all day. 

While we've done Teppanyaki on every cruise, we always sit at the end which for the most part has left  us in our own little bubble with minimal conversation with others. 

We'll definitely be checking out that hibachi for two!

The fact that they will have table for 2 will please some people.  That is great

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steff79 said:

Concerning the english article, 

I want to bring your attention to this part:

we also got a quick look at Indulge Food Hall — a still-under-construction food marketplace with food trucks and other quick-serve eateries. Separate from the ship’s buffet (which will be higher on the vessel near the main pool area), Indulge is a new concept for the line that is designed to offer a higher-end quick-serve food experience, at no extra charge. Passengers will be able to order at one of 11 food stalls in person, or they can order from servers who will come to the tables in the venue. They will also be able to order from iPad-like devices at tables.

Food items will then be delivered to passengers at their tables. There will be both indoor and outdoor seating.

First, it confirms the buffet on deck 17 and, contrairy to what was said before,  this guy says that the Indulge hall is free of charge.   Interesting point also that similar to Food Republic, you will be able to order food on Ipads from your table  May be that Sommers realized that with all the specialty restaurants, there was not a need to charge for this place.  Or maybe only few will have an upcharge

Edited by BenCoudon
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

Concerning the english article, 

I want to bring your attention to this part:

we also got a quick look at Indulge Food Hall — a still-under-construction food marketplace with food trucks and other quick-serve eateries. Separate from the ship’s buffet (which will be higher on the vessel near the main pool area), Indulge is a new concept for the line that is designed to offer a higher-end quick-serve food experience, at no extra charge. Passengers will be able to order at one of 11 food stalls in person, or they can order from servers who will come to the tables in the venue. They will also be able to order from iPad-like devices at tables.

Food items will then be delivered to passengers at their tables. There will be both indoor and outdoor seating.

First, it confirms the buffet on deck 17 and, contrairy to what was said before,  this guy says that the Indulge hall is free of charge.   Interesting point also that similar to Food Republic, you will be able to order food on Ipads from your table  May be that Sommers realized that with all the specialty restaurants, there was not a need to charge for this place.  Or maybe only few will have an upcharge

From the German article: 

"The charm of this is that you are not limited to a single restaurant when ordering, but can order across the board. The majority of the offerings will be free of charge, but some will also be subject to a surcharge, such as the Cocos dessert stand, which is already known from a number of other NCL ships."

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

Interesting point also that similar to Food Republic, you will be able to order food on Ipads from your table  May be that Sommers realized that with all the specialty restaurants, there was not a need to charge for this place.  Or maybe only few will have an upcharge

Has O'Sheehan's/The Local been confirmed?  Maybe Indulge is that venue on this ship class?

31 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

I can't wait for the first reports from cruisers on the first couple of public cruises.  

Anybody planning to be on one of those first cruises?

I am booked on the 4th and 5th cruise,  September 13 and September 23.  It was supposed to be # 4 and 5.   But just checked: Not sure what happened to the August inaugural cruise from Amsterdam to Reykjavik.  It is no longer listed on the website. Usually, they don't remove it from the website even when it is sold out. There was never a cruise posted for the return trip (which was supposed to be the 2nd cruise) I thought that either it was a charter or a cruise reserved for the travel partners.  Or may be they were told that there will be a delay in the delivery of the ship.  So as of now, as per the website, I will be on the 2nd and 3rd cruise

EDIT:  I just checked the CC page for the inaugural sailing August 19 and as there  are recent posts, no words that is is cancelled.  So no idea why it has been removed from the website.  I guess they do not expect any cancellations (!!)

Edited by BenCoudon
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

I am booked on the 4th and 5th cruise,  September 13 and September 23.  It was supposed to be # 4 and 5.   But just checked: Not sure what happened to the August inaugural cruise from Amsterdam to Reykjavik.  It is no longer listed on the website. Usually, they don't remove it from the website even when it is sold out. There was never a cruise posted for the return trip (which was supposed to be the 2nd cruise) I thought that either it was a charter or a cruise reserved for the travel partners.  Or may be they were told that there will be a delay in the delivery of the ship.  So as of now, as per the website, I will be on the 2nd and 3rd cruise

EDIT:  I just checked the CC page for the inaugural sailing August 19 and as there  are recent posts, no words that is is cancelled.  So no idea why it has been removed from the website.  I guess they do not expect any cancellations (!!)

I’m currently booked on that inaugural and we haven’t heard anything even though it was removed from the booking side it’s still in our accounts.

she’s actually due in Amsterdam 15th August so looks like a travel agents preview 15th - 17th.

Given it’s a week’s sail from Venice to Amsterdam she needs to have left Venice by 8th so I’d imagine sea trials 2nd half of July so the only question is does she look on schedule?  
the dockyard says she’s 80% complete in one report so only possible reason I can see is they want more accurate status update before opening up anymore cabins/bookings (went the cruise went off sale cabins were still available).

Edited by Single Cruiser

2 hours ago, Single Cruiser said:

I’m currently booked on that inaugural…

Still sad you’re not where you belong.  You will be missed. 

edit: at least come down to SH for a night of stupidity.  

Edited by TheDougOut

1 hour ago, Drews_Cruise said:

We’re on the inaugural cruise as well and really looking forward to our first time on NCL.  I hope it isn’t delayed because it will affect so many things including flights and hotels that are already booked. 

I should not have speculate on delays.  I was just puzzeled that it is no longer listed on the website.  Lets just hope this is due to a system glitch.

I was also (a bit) shocked when they said the ship was 80% ready.  And, with the pictures we saw from the event, there is still lots of work to do on that ship and under 4 months before the hand-off to NCL.  I am no expert in ship building but when you get close to the wire like this, 20% to do seems huge to me.  Let's hope for the best.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I can't wait for the first reports from cruisers on the first couple of public cruises.  

Anybody planning to be on one of those first cruises?

I’m booked on the 17th August sailing. Will be posting lots of pictures to my instagram when I get onboard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Drews_Cruise said:

We’re on the inaugural cruise as well and really looking forward to our first time on NCL.  I hope it isn’t delayed because it will affect so many things including flights and hotels that are already booked. 

Precisely why everyone needs Trip Insurance with Cancel For Any Reason policy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

I was also (a bit) shocked when they said the ship was 80% ready.  And, with the pictures we saw from the event, there is still lots of work to do on that ship and under 4 months before the hand-off to NCL.  I am no expert in ship building but when you get close to the wire like this, 20% to do seems huge to me.  Let's hope for the best.

Having done New Builds and Dry Docks you would be AMAZED what they can do to a ship in 2 weeks!!!! I have watched them strip them and rebuild/redecorate in 2 weeks including MAJOR technical jobs. This looks to be on schedule to me with no problems judging from the pictures here.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, SakeDad said:

Having done New Builds and Dry Docks you would be AMAZED what they can do to a ship in 2 weeks!!!! I have watched them strip them and rebuild/redecorate in 2 weeks including MAJOR technical jobs. This looks to be on schedule to me with no problems judging from the pictures here.

Yes, I get the feeling that they can be much more productive than, say, any local road work I've ever witnessed !

Tom

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Drews_Cruise said:

That's why we went with NCL flights and refundable hotel bookings using credit card rewards. 

26 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

F854E57E-0257-41C0-A270-565E8BB81218.thumb.jpeg.1c45c0a5b69a3465b0e35bbe998271b5.jpeg

That tells us more useful info such as all the dining choices are mid to aft.

deck 17 alongside the buffet and Grill is Food Republic and Palomar

deck 8 we have the food hall and next to that the local with mid los lobos and Onado

deck 7 the main dining hudsons with in front of looks like one side will be the Bistro and the other side Nama and Husaka

then deck 6 the second main dining commodore paired with Cagneys.

• Like 2

Two Starbucks on adjacent floors? That doesn't make sense. I doubt the kiosk in the Indulge area will be part of the included food/beverage offerings, unless it will be offering free pastries/tidbits similar to the RC Promenade Cafe/Celebrity Cafe al Bacio/Princess International Cafe model of included food and premium drinks.

Hoping they'll release menus soon for the new places.