Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

1 hour ago, BenCoudon said:

Concerning the Haven restaurant, I had the same thought.  The number of Haven suites have been increased by over 50%.  Although I never had problems to get a table at the Haven Restaurant, with more people in the Haven, it might get crowded.  Obviously, they rely on the outdoor space to avoid the problem.  That could very well solve the problem on cruises with tropical weather.  But for cruises in Northern Europe, including Greenland and Iceland, far to be sure that the outdoor restaurant will be an option.  Many ships have this outdoor dining area.  On Alaska sailings, it was very rare to see people eating outside, even in specialty restaurants.  Even on my last Panama Canal cruise, although it was hot enough to eat outside, the strong winds brought everyone inside.  The outdoor Haven restaurant was only used a few times for breakfast

I wonder if reservations will be required or strongly recommended for the Haven restaurant? It's not a tiny space but it doesn't look large enough (at least not on the deck plans) to accommodate the increased Haven capacity.

Based on NCL's promo videos, the outdoor dining & bar areas are fully covered and are exposed on two sides. Much of the seating looks much further under cover than the outdoor restaurant seating on The Waterfront. Presumably the space has overhead heaters similar to the arrangement for the outdoor buffet seating on BA+ ships. 

Well, we'll see how it works when the first Haven passengers report back. I'm just eager to see what the new Studio area will look like. The artist renderings show a decor that is Observation Lounge-ish. 194 days to go...

20 hours ago, coastcat said:

I wonder if reservations will be required or strongly recommended for the Haven restaurant? It's not a tiny space but it doesn't look large enough (at least not on the deck plans) to accommodate the increased Haven capacity.

Based on NCL's promo videos, the outdoor dining & bar areas are fully covered and are exposed on two sides. Much of the seating looks much further under cover than the outdoor restaurant seating on The Waterfront. Presumably the space has overhead heaters similar to the arrangement for the outdoor buffet seating on BA+ ships. 

Well, we'll see how it works when the first Haven passengers report back. I'm just eager to see what the new Studio area will look like. The artist renderings show a decor that is Observation Lounge-ish. 194 days to go...

If know one else does, I will certainly report back on the Haven Restaurant size as I'm on inaugural cruise.  When it gets closer, I will start itemizing questions people have and try to answer as many as possible.  I'm sure there will be others doing the same. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 3/12/2022 at 11:19 AM, BenCoudon said:

My bet is that the thermal suite will be on deck 15,  under the fitness centre.  The lounge chairs of the thermal suite will be facing the ocean.

I think it is the first time they have the spa on 2 levels.  (Or may be not. I remember having seen a big staircase near the reception on the Star)  Reception, the salon and some treatement rooms will be on deck 16 with more treatement rooms and the thermal suite on deck 15

The spa balcony rooms are on deck 16.  I haven't seen any other spa categories. 

Prima received her lifeboats, interesting to see the white and yellow. Reminds me of the Disney story who had to request using a different color than regular for their lifeboats.

Lots of render pics were released with the F&B release last week, also a fair amount of interior photos shot by those who attended the Prima tour. Besides rights, credits I am not sure how sane it would be for the thread to repost/share them here. I had to catch up a bit after my last week's cruise, which was a true wonderful experience. Where we felt a bit unpleasant standing in indoor crowds at our airport before take off and the long flight next to strangers, the daily live in Florida precruise and the relaxed cruise on Allure (one of the first mask free ones) took that away very quickly and almost made you forgot we just near rounded up a global pandemic. Pax capacity is upped rapidly with 4200 on ours, 5200 this week so I hope and wish everyone, here in this thread and CC, will be enjoying cruising as it was very soon. I too doubted if I would ever be on a ship with how things were going. So enjoy that sea breeze and life the moment if it finally gets there, I know I did. Whether it's now or on Prima if that's the first one up next. Safe and happy sailings everyone!

Screenshot (82).png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2022 at 6:37 AM, PhillyTravelBug said:

I have not really checked out the deck plans until now.  I am loving this and cannot wait to sail. We have a spa balcony room booked for our Iceland/Norway cruise next summer.  Looks like a great location.

We booked a spa balcony on Viva for a 9-day next September. Seemed the most reasonably priced cabin without getting into the silly pricing of suites/haven. PLUS access to the spa, which Haven doesn't have. "Only" 536 days to go!

• Like 2

I notice on the picture that most of the protecting shields for the balcony ramps have been removed and I assume that they did the cleaning.  Progressing well  

For me, 180 days to go before I board the Prima in Copenhagen.

I just want to point out one line that was included in the NCLH press release announcing the Christening of the Prima  "Most recently, NCL unveiled its remaining culinary and beverage offerings available on Norwegian Prima and Viva, including the Brand's first sustainably-focused lounge, The Metropolitan and its ultra-upscale Mediterranean seafood specialty restaurant Palomar."

It means that no more bars and restaurant venues are yet to be announced.  I just find that the number of bars is way below the average number of bars we have on other ships.

On 1/18/2022 at 7:04 PM, deliver42 said:

I was looking to book the Prima for sometime in 2023 and to my surprise, they are only offering cruises for Nov and Dec this year, nothing further. Every other ship from Florida is available.

We are booked for next March. Might be a filter problem?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, peg013 said:

Surprising that the ship isn’t being christened until after our inaugural cruise.  We get off and Katy gets on..lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Drews_Cruise said:

Surprising that the ship isn’t being christened until after our inaugural cruise.  We get off and Katy gets on..lol

That isn’t unusual. I have been on a few first sailings and all of them have been before the christening. For example, transatlantics before the christening in the US.

I think this is where some of the confusion comes in as to what is the “inaugural” sailing. I never refer to our cruise on the Prima as the inaugural as it was always unlikely that it would be that officially. I suspect that, as usual, there will be disappointed people onboard in August when NCL don’t make a fuss on our cruise.

• Like 2

That explains why the cruise where Katy gets on has never been published on the website.

This is a private cruise mostlikly for NCL employees, media or travel and trade partners 

I have never seen details of the cruise except we know that it leaves Reykjavik to arrive Amsterdam

• Like 3

Browsing the NCLH website

Here's what I found

2022 1) Norwegian Prima: ~3,215 Berths (3rd quarter)

2023 2) Norwegian Viva: ~3,215 Berths (2nd quarter) 

2024 3) Prima Plus Class: ~3,550 Berths (4th quarter)

2025 4) Prima Plus Class: ~3,550 Berths (3rd quarter)

2026 5) Prima Plus Class: ~3,550 Berths (3rd quarter)

2027 6) Prima Plus Class: ~3,550 Berths (2nd quarter)

It tells us roughly when those ships will be released

About 18 months between  Viva and Leonardo #3

About 9 months between  Leonardo #3 and #4

About 1 year between Leonerdo #4 and #5

And 9 months for the last one

Also, may be some of you knew about this but I wasn't aware:

Starting with Leonardo 3, the number of passengers on the last 4 ships increases from 3215 to 3550

Is it due to smaller cabins or a bigger ship?

Also,  on the website,  they identify the last 4 ships as "Prima Plus" class.    

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

Browsing the NCLH website

Here's what I found

2022 1) Norwegian Prima: ~3,215 Berths (3rd quarter)

2023 2) Norwegian Viva: ~3,215 Berths (2nd quarter) 

2024 3) Prima Plus Class: ~3,550 Berths (4th quarter)

2025 4) Prima Plus Class: ~3,550 Berths (3rd quarter)

2026 5) Prima Plus Class: ~3,550 Berths (3rd quarter)

2027 6) Prima Plus Class: ~3,550 Berths (2nd quarter)

It tells us roughly when those ships will be released

About 18 months between  Viva and Leonardo #3

About 9 months between  Leonardo #3 and #4

About 1 year between Leonerdo #4 and #5

And 9 months for the last one

Also, may be some of you knew about this but I wasn't aware:

Starting with Leonardo 3, the number of passengers on the last 4 ships increases from 3215 to 3550

Is it due to smaller cabins or a bigger ship?

Also,  on the website,  they identify the last 4 ships as "Prima Plus" class.    

My guess would be a slightly longer ship, rather than smaller cabins.

26 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

My guess would be a slightly longer ship, rather than smaller cabins.

Per an earlier post they increase from 142,500 GT to 156,300 GT.  I would think they'd do that by increasing the length.

Edited by Karaboudjan

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

Per an earlier post they increase from 142,500 GT to 156,300 GT.  I would think they'd do that by increasing the length.

I know nothing about ships architecture.  What about the same length but adding an extra deck for cabins.  Would be 21 instead of 20.  Is that something possible or it would throw out the balance of the ship?  I'm asking the question because 335 additional guests means roughly 160  to 165 additional cabins.  And if you look at deck 12 of the Prima, that deck has about 165 cabins.  Making the ship longer may go against what they said when the announced the prima:  Smaller ship that could go so smaller ports that are unable to accept large ships.  But may be my idea is not feasible due to construction rules

3 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

I know nothing about ships architecture.  What about the same length but adding an extra deck for cabins.  Would be 21 instead of 20.  Is that something possible or it would throw out the balance of the ship?  I'm asking the question because 335 additional guests means roughly 160  to 165 additional cabins.  And if you look at deck 12 of the Prima, that deck has about 165 cabins.  Making the ship longer may go against what they said when the announced the prima:  Smaller ship that could go so smaller ports that are unable to accept large ships.  But may be my idea is not feasible due to construction rules

They did that in the changeover from the Breakaway to the Breakaway Plus class.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BenCoudon said:

One clue might be the MSC Seaside which is also a Project Mille ship.  It is 153,500 GT, 95 feet longer than the Prima and appears to have the same number of decks.

1 hour ago, BenCoudon said:

Not really smaller ships compared to other cruise lines mid-sized to even smaller ships for the smaller ports. I can't imagine they would try to market it like that but who knows.

Marketing is what it is. LOL.